MAGS April "Natural Disasters" (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Fri 01/04/2016 08:17:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Funkpanzer

Unfortunately I need to pull out of this one, work got crazy and I haven't been able to touch Prepared since the 15th, and in it's current state would be much more disaster than any of you could handle. (laugh)

Good luck finishing your games!

Mandle

Quote from: Funkpanzer on Thu 28/04/2016 21:10:29
would be much more disaster than any of you could handle.

I dunno...I can handle quite a lot...

DEV BLOG (I guess?):

Just wasted spent another few hours doing voice recording, as it seems that this is going to be the major annoyance factor selling point for this game experience...

cat

@Funkpanzer Ohhh, too bad. Is there not a chance you can finish it up today and tomorrow? Will you complete the game even if only after MAGS is over?

@Stupot Speaking of tomorrow: The deadline is 23:59 GMT, not japanese time, right? RIGHT???

@Mandle Looking forward to hearing your voice acting!
During Golden Week all tourist and travel things are crammed and exorbitantly priced anyway - there is nothing better to do than locking yourself in your room in front of the PC and make a game (at least, that's what you should tell Misa :-D)

I'm already in panic mode about our game. There is still sooo much to do... we will finish, but the questions is, how big a disaster it will be...
In the meantime, here is the most spoilery pic so far:

Spoiler

[close]

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Quote from: Funkpanzer on Thu 28/04/2016 21:10:29
Unfortunately I need to pull out of this one, work got crazy and I haven't been able to touch Prepared since the 15th, and in it's current state would be much more disaster than any of you could handle. (laugh)

Good luck finishing your games!

Myself and Stupot happen to live in Japan...And around these parts there's this random week off from work called "Golden Week" at the start of May...

There is no way I can finish my game tomorrow, but I could potentially finish it if I had the insane extension of a week...

Would any other entrants like an extra week? (Nod-nod...wink-wink...Funkpanzer?!?!.....Erm....Cat?!...Anyone?...Bueller?!)

* Mandle starts chanting:

ONE MORE WEEK!!! ONE MORE WEEK!!! ONE MORE WEEK!!! ONE MORE WEEK!!! ONE MORE WEEK!!! ONE MORE WEEK!!!

Guys...join in if you're feelin' it...

(Or if not then that's fine for me as well: I will just release whatever I have done as a "demo" and then spend the rest of the week fully-forming it into a "real game"...)

Funkpanzer

No way I can finish in any decent time frame but I'm definitely going to complete the game when I've got some more time. Building a game around having three inventories, four stores, and a game-wide subplot involving this guy kind of got out of hand...

One day I will grasp the concept of MAGS. :P

Mandle

Yeah...I'm also going to have to duck out of this contest...

There's no way I can complete my current game...

I tried over my only two days off from work before the deadline hit, but it wasn't enough...

I DID however get a lot of work done and I'll probably release some stupid teaser demo before the deadline runs out...

cat

Noooooooooooooooooooo! You guys can't leave us behind. How are we supposed to fight disaster all alone?
Mandle, yes, please, release that teaser!

@adipson Are you still with us?

Cassiebsg

uhm... I think you're all still very much on topic, honestly. (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Miez

Noooooooo. We don't want to win by default 😞 Please release any teasers, demos, concept art and brainfarts!

Stupot

I'm quite busy this week and next, but how does a 3-day extension sound?

Slasher

I've decided that after my next game (almost finished) i'm gonna do smaller games like entering mags....

So watch out.. slashers' about (laugh)

Roll on May...June...July...

cat

Quote from: Stupot+ on Sat 30/04/2016 13:19:15
I'm quite busy this week and next, but how does a 3-day extension sound?

This would give us enough time to finish up the game and much needed animations. Also, if it means that we have more entries, I'd go for it!

Can you confirm the extension?

Stupot

Quote from: cat on Sat 30/04/2016 15:03:46

Can you confirm the extension?

It would suit me actually. The only day I'm not really busy is Tuesday 3rd (Wednesday morning for me). Hopefully that will at give others a chance to put something out or at least give Mandle some time to bring his game to a releaseable condition. Sorry I can't do a whole week. I'm gonna be just as hectic this time next week.

So to confirm, the deadline is 23:59 (BST) on Tuesday 3rd

(P.S. The new contest for May will still be starting tomorrow as usual, so keep an eye out for the new topic!)

Gurok

Quote from: slasher on Sat 30/04/2016 14:39:19
I've decided that after my next game (almost finished) i'm gonna do smaller games like entering mags....

So watch out.. slashers' about (laugh)

Roll on May...June...July...

Oh no, with the rate at which you put out full-length games, we're certain to see some great entries from you. I look forward to it!
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Mandle

Cheers for the extension Stu...

I doubt I can complete the game even with it...

It has just grown way out of the MAGS-possible timeline...

But hopefully the extension provides others with the time they need...

Just to show that I'm not just dicking everyone around, here is a very lame proof-of-concept demo:

HARRY CAINE: LAME DEMO

It's very rough and there is no actual game-play yet...Oh, and please forgive the horrible mouth-synch to the voicing...It needs a lot of work...

Oh, and the terrible mannequin look that Harry has at the moment: That's just the model for him that I made to draw his clothes over, and is not yet complete...

So yeah...If anyone is even interested in sitting through a non-interactuve glimpse of the game then click the link above...The demo will tell you when it's finished and will quit automatically...

(Harry's junk is still fully covered, but actually exists there under two layers of clothing...So no need for age appropriate warnings just yet...)

cat

Quote from: Mandle on Sat 30/04/2016 17:34:45
I doubt I can complete the game even with it...

It has just grown way out of the MAGS-possible timeline...

Please give it a try nonetheless!

Mandle

Quote from: cat on Sat 30/04/2016 18:18:20
Please give it a try nonetheless!

Cheers cat for the encouragement!

I think after two days straight just working on the damn thing I was feeling totally burnt out and hopeless. So yeah, the support was much needed and much appreciated!

What I'm going to do is take the day off from it today, to allow myself a step back perspective, and tomorrow try to get as much actual gameplay done as possible. The gameplay is nothing that is hard to code or anything, it's just going to require tweaking, which can get mind-numbing...

So I'll be releasing something partly playable, but probably with a lot of graphics/animations missing or placeholders...

Title screen/menu will have to wait until later too.

So a very choppy MAGS version, to be polished into something better, is my goal for now.

How are you guys going with Eruption?

Miez

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 01/05/2016 04:27:35
How are you guys going with Eruption?

Eruption! development is going really well. I'd say we're 95% done and just this morning I received a reply to the email we sent to Ubisoft. To quote:

QuoteDear Mr van Laatum,
please could you forward us the Skype details of your team members so we can have a conference call on May 3rd, 17:00 GMT with Darren Fitzgerald (head of marketing Europe) and Flummery Bakewell (licenses and third party development)?
We are still very excited about the prospects of including your title 'Eruption!' into our extensive portfolio, and developing it further for Xbox One, PS4 and the new Nintendo platform.
Yours with kind regards, Frostine le Miel / Ubisoft Paris / f.lemiel@development.ubisoft.com

Stupot

Holy cow! Is this for real or are you a month late for April Fools'?
I trust you'll keep us updated. (nod)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk