MAGS April "Natural Disasters" (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Fri 01/04/2016 08:17:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Miez

Quote from: Stupot+ on Sun 01/05/2016 07:37:43
Holy cow! Is this for real or are you a month late for April Fools'?
I trust you'll keep us updated. (nod)

No no, completely above board, 100% true, no exaggeration or fakery AT ALL. :-D

cat

I'm glad we got the extension, because this allows us to squeeze in DLC and the in-game store for free-to-play addons.

I just have to figure out the exchange rate USD <-> CCC (Creamville Chocolate Coin)

Miez

Still discussing if we want to go with Ubisoft or Activision...

Stupot

Quote from: Miez on Sun 01/05/2016 12:58:46
You should try Infocom (nod)

Mandle

I looked for a company for my game that would release anything no matter how unfinished and broken. And I think I found one!

Spoiler
[close]

Miez

Quote from: Stupot+ on Sun 01/05/2016 21:07:36
Quote from: Miez on Sun 01/05/2016 12:58:46
You should try Infocom (nod)

Nah, we're going for the BIG money. So perhaps EA?

Mandle

I got a lot of work done today, but I won't have any more time before the deadline to do any more so I'm going to enter what I have so far for the contest:

It is in no way a game, but it does have some interaction now...

Play in fullscreen please for the full experience!

Oh, and: This is the UNRATED DEMO...Which means that Harry Caine WILL be going "Full Monty" if you sit through it long enough...

So: Be warned, and here is a screenie with an eel (mostly) covering his junk for the fainter of heart (although the timing of the shot is a tad deceptive):

Spoiler
[IMGZOOM]http://i66.tinypic.com/2rcy4h1.png[/IMGZOOM]
[close]

For the more adventurous here is the link to the UNRATED DEMO:

CLICK HERE

This is my MAGS entry, but please remember ahead of time that it is not a playable game yet, but it's the best I could get ready, and will be developed into a full game soonish...

The game will probably crash and/or run out of scrolling background if you sit on it long enough, but not before all the viewable content runs out, so sorry for that issue, but it will be solved given time...

A lot of the graphics are placeholders and a bunch of animations are not complete or missing entirely...

At best I think someone may get a laugh or two out of what it is so far...

I hope noone is offended by the:

SPOILER ALERT:
Spoiler
Fake ebonic accent...There is a secret reason why Harry Caine starts talking like a bad Sam L. Jackson impression, but that will have to wait for the full game for its reveal...
[close]

Cassiebsg

Weeee... will be trying it ASAP... or as soon as I'm alone. (laugh)(laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

cat

Congrats, Mandle!

Looking forward to playing your disaster (as soon as we have released our disaster...)

Miez

DAMN! The deal with Ubisoft fell through :~( I told Cat we shouldn't have accepted that offer from those Russian hackers. I knew things were getting bad when they started skyping about "keyloggers"...

Let's hope we can cobble something (anything!) together in the nick of time to at least save our MAGS credentials :-[

This has really turned into a bit of a disaster.

cat

Miez and I proudly present the sweetest game of this MAGS:

Toffee Trouble in Creamville

[imgzoom]http://cat.agser.me/games/ToffeeTrouble/screenshot.png[/imgzoom]

Get the game here!

Spoiler

So, yeah, Eruption! was kind of an extended April fools joke. We acutally thought that our claims are that extreme, noone would believe them anyway :P
[close]

selmiak

You are teh crazies! I was totally sold on that gigadeath thing, but this is so sweet!!! :-D

Miez

Quote from: selmiak on Tue 03/05/2016 23:59:56
You are teh crazies! I was totally sold on that gigadeath thing, but this is so sweet!!! :-D

No GIGADEATH in Creamville, I'm afraid. Lots of STICKY SITUATIONS though! :-D

Miez

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 02/05/2016 18:47:15
At best I think someone may get a laugh or two out of what it is so far...

"is that... is that a FOX!?"

Hilarious! (laugh)

Mandle

Quote from: cat on Tue 03/05/2016 23:20:01
Spoiler

So, yeah, Eruption! was kind of an extended April fools joke. We acutally thought that our claims are that extreme, noone would believe them anyway :P
[close]

Spoiler

Hehehe...I kinda expected you guys were pulling a J.J.Abrams on us there, although I was guessing it would be a game about the two of you struggling to get your Eruption game ready for the deadline when some kind of natural disaster hits and you have to try to still meet the deadline despite collapsing ceilings/flooding rooms/lava flows etc....Something meta like that, considering the amount of content you were "leaking"...(Were the "Eruption" graphics made by you guys or did you rip them from somewhere? And was that a page from a 14-year-old cat's actual diary?!)
[close]

Congratulations on making the deadline! I can't wait to play the game! It looks gorgeous! That screenie looks exactly like some rediscovered concept art from the Candyland boardgame, or Wreckit Ralph...Soooooo sugary and gooey!

Mandle

Quote from: Miez on Wed 04/05/2016 00:20:52
"is that... is that a FOX!?"

Hilarious! (laugh)

Hahaha...thanks for checking it out...Glad that at least some of the humour works...

Spoiler

My voice was quite raw after recording those lines. There are a lot of lines that aren't in the game yet and it took two 2-hour sessions to get them all. I was adlibbing everything and made several versions of each line but, the weird thing was, when I listened to them, 9 out of 10 times the first takes were the ones I went with, sounding the most natural.

If I sound out of breath during the long opening spiel that's because I was still at the tail-end of recovering from a cold and couldn't breathe through my nose yet, but it was so long, there's no script, and I think I got the bumbling tone I wanted, so there was no option of a take-2 on that one...

Oh, that spiel is going to be skipable in the full game, but that is a pretty complex process due to the scrolling backgrounds etc...so there was no time to make it happen yet...
[close]

Stupot

The competition has now ended and voting is underway.

Harry Caine UNRATED
by Mandle
Toffee Trouble in Creamville
by Miez and Cat

Click on the game title to download.

Voting

CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR VOTE
Send the title of your favourite game under the subject MAGS APRIL

Remember:
* try all the games before you vote
* vote only once
* vote for your favourite

Voting Ends: May 18th

__________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm still hoping to play 'Eruption' one day though.  I was even halfway up a volcano this time yesterday :-)

cat

Quote from: Stupot+ on Wed 04/05/2016 01:52:24
I was even halfway up a volcano this time yesterday :-)

Don't worry, Creamville has a volcano as well ;)

Mandle

Downloading Toffee Trouble right now as we speak...

SPOILER ALERT:
Spoiler
I'm thinking the mouse ate everything...
[close]

EDIT:

I just got finished playing the game and it is beautiful!!!

OMG!!! The backgrounds and sprite art are...Well...DIABETOLICALLY PERFECT!

I did not expect there to be two acts and that was a very sugary surpise indeed!

Now I'm left out there dangling in the breeze, pretty much like Harry Caine himself, just exposing his junk without any real context of what the game is supposed to be...

But that is cool as well: If I enter a MAGS...whether I complete the game or not...I will always release what it is at the time of deadline...I have no shame that my boxer shorts got blown off...

(And if anyone reads the last two pargraphs in ebonics...That's cool as well, motherfrickers!)

Creamy

QuoteYou are teh crazies! I was totally sold on that gigadeath thing, but this is so sweet!!! :-D
You got me too (until the VR part).

Time for me to travel in my home town :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk