Until I Have You - Now Available! (Windows + Linux)

Started by Dualnames, Mon 04/04/2016 19:26:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

Wormwood Studios Presents

Until I Have You, is a story-driven, fast-paced, retro-aesthetic platformer, engulfed in a Cyberpunk setting.

Driving you to the edge of your seat as you run n' gun through enemies, the game recounts a thrilling story of regret, love and corruption, in a city that's gone haywire and just doesn't give a damn.

This is the story of the ARTIST, a talented assassin, who has worked many dirty jobs in a long and successful career. Finally heeding the pleadings of his wife, he has decided it's time to quit this ugly business and live a simple and peaceful life. However the ARTIST's clients know he is irreplaceable, and are unwilling to allow the craftsman to hangup his tool belt. They send him this message by kidnapping his wife, Emily, and make it clear, retirement is not an option! The ARTIST is determined to get his wife back, and prepares himself for one last assignment. He understands to be successful he needs to go all out, and he procures a rare exoskeleton suit. Although this provides him with additional powers, it also can cause hallucinations and affect his judgment.

If you could save someone, how much of yourself would you be willing to sacrifice?

FEATURES:

• 12 Chapters of immersive story-telling
  • Beautifully pixelated environments
  • Fast paced action
  • Over 60 unique Enemies and 12 Boss Fights.
  • Rich and Diverse Settings (both in gameplay mechanisms and visuals)
  • Fully Voiced Dialogues
  • Gritty Cyberpunk Atmosphere
  • Keyboard & Controller Support

TEAM:

James Spanos - Programming, Music, Design

"I've worked on several games most famously known for The Cat Lady, where I coded the interface, Downfall, where I fixed the interface, and Primordia, where I coded the entire game, plus the interface. I've been a huge fan of games such as Megaman, Strider and always wanted to built a platformer that deviates from the norm and gives the ability to the player to perform extraordinary stunts and tricks, if he masters the controls, and that it should feel limitless, as if he's bending the world to accommodate his skill. That is why I've started working on this with Andrea Ferrara. We share our passion for challenging games, and old school graphics."

Andrea Ferrara - Graphics, Design

"Before becoming an active member of the Adventure Game Studio community I used to work alone on games; writing, programming and making the art. I worked on a couple of indie adventure games released as freeware that became quite well known in the net, such as “Donald Dowell and the Ghost of Barker Manor”. When a couple of months ago James showed me a very early WIP of “Until I Have You” (made with placeholder graphics), I instantly realized the huge potential of that game and told James "you just have to let me make the graphics for this!".

For more screenshots, you can check our website

http://www.untilihaveyou.com

GIVEAWAY (Ends Dec 20th).

Since it's the holidays, and Limpingfish is playing Secret Santa, I thought to myself, there's no chance I can outdo that, but still, one can try.

We'll give away 2 Steam keys.

So how do you win one?

• RETWEET this tweet to be eligible.

And follow me or andrea on Twitter.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

AnasAbdin

AprilSkies

www.apemarina.altervista.org

shaun9991

Congrats on the release, really amazing work!! Been looking forward to this for ages, will be picking it up on payday :)
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Blue Bee

Looks beautiful - congrats, will deffo pick up a copy of this!

MiteWiseacreLives!

Awesome! Been waiting for this one:)
Congrats Duelly

Wyz

Congrats Guys! I genuinely hope this will become the platformer of 2016! (nod)
I'll check it out!
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

selmiak

is it christmas already? So many good AGS games coming out at the same time! Congrats on the release! It's about time, that mags game happened over 1 year ago... sure I'll check it out! :-D

Atavismus

Congratz guyz!
Prepare to die!
Die die die!
Again and again! :D

Mandle

Wow guys! YOU DID IT!!!

The fact that you completed such a HUGE project in such a relatively short time is incredible, but also that you completed it in AGS without switching to an engine more suited for this kind of gameplay AND still released a professional-grade platformer!

Best of luck with the release and I hope you garner the massive fanbase you deserve!

LimpingFish

If it plays as good as it looks, Duals, it'll be awesome! Well done to both of you. :D
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Stupot

Congrats on the release guys. This game is about as cool as an AGS game will ever get. 8-)
All the best.

abstauber

Congratz!
And thanks a million for doing this in AGS! I hope sales are skyrocketing :D

Fitz

I got it and I started playing right away. It's quite challenging, requiring quick reflexes and agile digits -- but, quite surprisingly, I don't totally suck at it! I breezed through most of the initial levels, with no kills and no deaths on some of them. But then I died a hundred times on one level -- mostly because of being either too slow (the enemies will shoot you on sight if you stop for a second) or too fast (can't count the times I dashed through the whole level and missed the last moving platform by a milimeter, or bounced right off of it too soon and missed the ledge leading to the exit door). Now I'm stuck fighting the first boss -- and again, most of the time I'm defeated by my impatience and bad timing.

But it's super fun so far. If you liked Hotline Miami, especially for the the frantic, non-stop action, you'll feel right at home.

Vincent

This game looks completely fantastic ! 8-0
I look forward to play it. :-[

Many thanks Dualnames and Aprilskies for this amazing release <3

Retro Wolf

Awesome artwork, awesome programming! I love it when people use AGS to show it's capable of more than just adventure games!
Congratulations on getting on Steam, very inspirational!

LostTrainDude

Yay! Congratulations for the release guys!

Now I'm curious to see if I suck a little less than I did on the MAGS version :P
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

kconan

Congrats on the release!  I haven't had the chance to play much, but I liked the intro and tutorial.  I'll dig in this weekend.

Dualnames is all over the "Until I Have You" Steam forums handling customer service issues like a boss.

Fitz

I've been playing the hell out of the game -- clocking in at 14 hours as of this moment. I'm not usually into this kind of games, butter fingers and all -- but damn, it is FUN! The masochistic, "AAAARGH, I'M GOING TO GET THROUGH THIS" kinda fun, but the joy derived from finishing a level is all the greater. It feels a lot like "Hotline Miami" in that sense (and actually shares a few motifs with it).

But the best part is the sheer velocity. Some levels you just run and jump and slash until you stop thinking about it and let instincts and muscle memory do the work. Here's a small sample of me playing (and failing beautifully) in one of the most insane levels so far (so I can only imagine the madness that's still ahead of me)

[embed=420,315]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz7uT9Ng1Yc[/embed]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk