Coloring Ball: "The movie night" (extended to the 6th of May!!!)

Started by Kumpel, Sat 09/04/2016 01:36:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Kumpel

<<    The Movie Night     >>

Hey Guys,

I hope you can help me!
I wanna do a movie night. Now I invited all my friends, bought tons of popcorn
but I have really no idea which flick would be okay for them.

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/Gm6gJwQ.png[/imgzoom]

Maybe it could be a very popular one...
Or some really old stuff. My friends are definitely into cinematic art.
We also love these trash movies with cheap monster costumes, rubber masks and lots of ketchup, you know?
Home vids are cool too (as long as they are NSFW :=).
Actually I really don't care, which genre you are choosing.

C'mon! I trust your good taste for movies! Give me your film suggestion until 30th of April. EXTENDED to the 6th of May!!

Rules:

Please be nice, tell me the title (choose one screen and draw the movie title in it)
and describe two scenes of the movie I am looking for (draw two different scenes from the movie in the other two screens),
so I can find that movie on netflix, or at my favourite video rental shop.
And I would love it, if you could give me a short explanation of what this movie actually is about.

You can rotate the snippet 180° and/or flip it, if you want. 90/270° degrees is okay too, but then please explain to me your decision for that weird movie format (roll)

Please draw only inside the screen areas and not in the film roll holes! It could break my projector!!!

When I have a list of movies the community will decide which flick my friends and I are going to see.

Trophies:

For your efforts I can offer you these cute projectors!

Let the show begin!

Mandle

Very nice theme...I might be giving this one a go!

Kumpel

Thanks Mandle! I hope the idea of my first coloring ball has the right spirit this competition is known for :) Please tell me if my rules are to strong or the provided drawing space isn't working for you. :-[

Danvzare

Personally, I really like this one, and can't wait to join it.
I just need to clear my schedule a bit first. (laugh)

Kumpel

A hundred peeks but only two partcipants so far? Where are you guys?

Kumpel

Kumpel

Danvzare

Don't worry, I'm still making mine. :-D
Even if I don't finish it on time, I'll still be uploading it before the deadline.
I'm just flirting with the deadline a bit. Hopefully everyone else is too.

Mokho

Hi, everybody!

I have choosen a classic film-noir, one of my favorites. Just 6 colors greyscale.

[imgzoom]http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x169/mokho/sunset.png[/imgzoom]

IMDb Storyline:

The story, set in '50s Hollywood, focuses on Norma Desmond, a silent-screen goddess whose pathetic belief in her own indestructibility has turned her into a demented recluse. The crumbling Sunset Boulevard mansion where she lives with only her butler, Max who was once her director and husband has become her self-contained world. Norma dreams of a comeback to pictures and she begins a relationship with Joe Gillis, a small-time writer who becomes her lover, that will soon end with murder and total madness.

Danvzare

I'm finally done. Here it is! :-D

[imgzoom]http://orig06.deviantart.net/2747/f/2016/119/d/f/the_movie_night_by_danvzare-da0mtzi.png[/imgzoom]

Beetlejuice.
My favourite movie.

IMDb describes it best:
A couple of recently deceased ghosts contract the services of a "bio-exorcist" in order to remove the obnoxious new owners of their house.

Kumpel

Wow! Now we got two movie suggestions! That's what I'm talking about! At least I can fight with my friends now, which movie to see. :=

Will it be the iconic, monochromatic classic from movie genius Billy Wilder? 

Or are we having fun with Tim Burtons Hollywood breakthrough and legendary Michael "From Batman to Birdman" Keaton in a leading role?

Ohhhh I am so bad at decision! Now please make it worse, dear AGS community! (laugh)

Danvzare and Mokho!

The way you two dealt with the perspectival challenge is pretty cool. And aaaaall that nice details! <3

Also thanks for saving my contest from a horrible death of negligence and oblivion! (maybe a movie you guys could work with?!) (nod)

Let's hope someone else is up to participate! I guess an extension could be helpful to convince new contestants. (I mean, a movie night with only two flicks? Are you kidding me? What shall we do after only three and a half hours (pee breaks not included!)? Play monopoly?! (wrong))

So here it goes:

The new closing date for this Coloring Ball's entry phase is the 6th of May at 20 pm CEST!

Maybe this is letting me bypass the MAGS' time pressure some of you guys had (and still have!) :-[

Kumpel

Okay! A two films movie night it is then!
To conclude this little contest, I will annonce the winner of the golden film projector on my own...

The Oscar for "Best Pixel Art Performance on a Film Role" goes to......

MOKHO!

[imgzoom]http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x169/mokho/sunset.png[/imgzoom]

This black and white design is just awesome! (nod)

Here is your award!

Uhm... Sorry. Little mistake.

This is it!

Danvzare so this leaves you the silver AND the bronze film projector! (laugh)(laugh)(laugh)

Thanks again for participating you two! Mokho now it's up to you to host the next Coloring Ball!

Danvzare

Ha, I won two trophies!
That makes me the best!

In all seriousness though, congratulations Mokho, you deserve it. :-D

Mokho

Thanks Kumpel and Danvzare!! What an honor! I'll think something for the next coloring ball

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk