Ghostdream

Started by Ark, Wed 13/04/2016 01:54:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Blondbraid

Quote from: Fitz on Fri 20/05/2016 19:41:53
That trailer was gorgeous! The first thought: a little bit of Beksinski there (whose art I always considered absolutely magnetic, and beautiful in its own dark way).
I agree, and I love how everything, even the environments, were all floating and moving. It really enhanced the ethereal feeling.
My only pet peeve is that font though, as nice and retro as it is, it doesn't mesh well with the artstyle...

Takyon

This looks incredible. I really with I could play the demo, but mac :/

Good luck with the project.
ghost.

xBRANEx

This just looks amazing!
Good luck to your project!

Ark

QuoteThat trailer was gorgeous! The first thought: a little bit of Beksinski there (whose art I always considered absolutely magnetic, and beautiful in its own dark way).
Thanks! I think the town (which I've just finished) looks even more Beksinski. :) This particular room is my current favorite:
http://s018.radikal.ru/i518/1606/60/8a21d4a4b3bf.jpg
** edit by darth: non-game image changed to link instead of image

QuoteI agree, and I love how everything, even the environments, were all floating and moving. It really enhanced the ethereal feeling.
That's probably the main "attraction" of the game - each room and everything else is fully animated (except the stuff you need to read).

QuoteMy only pet peeve is that font though, as nice and retro as it is, it doesn't mesh well with the artstyle...
Trying new fonts is still a stretch goal on my list. :) I'll probably use "Georgia" font in the end (if I'll be able to confirm it's totally free, of course).

QuoteThis looks incredible. I really with I could play the demo, but mac :/
Good luck with the project.
Thanks! I haven't even seen Mac myself, so I doubt I can help :( .

QuoteThis just looks amazing!
Good luck to your project!
Thanks! :)

This 3rd month was super tough, but I think I have about 50% of the whole game done. I'm not sure yet about the 2 extra episodes which I might add - this would require a lot of extra work and more time. I would like to add these, but I don't know yet if I can. Still, it should be long enough even in its original size.

Some arts I did this month:

(I might "upgrade" it later to use as a main cover art.

(The final episode of the game will be mostly white - more or less like this. Also, I needed myself a "prototype umbrella" to make the rest.

(In-game version of Singer.

3 months left till the initial dead-line. I'm not sure anymore if I'll make it.

selmiak

This looks really really fascinating! Keep it up! ;-D

Cassiebsg

Ark, keep up the good work! And don't give up until the deadline is reached! Do all in your power and use all the time you can devote to the project and you might just surprise yourself! And if not, well, at least you tried! (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

luisdementia

Beautiful. I can't wait to play this game. The art is amazing. How much time will the game last?

Blondbraid

So beautiful! This game has such a unique and memorable style, keep up the good work!

KyriakosCH

This looks Amazing!!!

I will be keeping an eye on your work :D
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Ark

QuoteThis looks really really fascinating! Keep it up!
Thank you! :)
QuoteSo beautiful! This game has such a unique and memorable style, keep up the good work!
QuoteThis looks Amazing!!!
QuoteBeautiful. I can't wait to play this game. The art is amazing. How much time will the game last?
Thank you! :) My initial goal was about 5 hours - now I think it may take about 10, so more realistic shoud be about 8 hours. It's hard to calculate, because of the puzzles - I like puzzles which can make you suffer for hours, but at the same time can be beaten in just a few seconds if you know what you are doing.
QuoteArk, keep up the good work! And don't give up until the deadline is reached! Do all in your power and use all the time you can devote to the project and you might just surprise yourself! And if not, well, at least you tried!
Thank you! :) I'm trying, of course. It's not like I have a very strict schedule, but I want to finish the game on September, because I was born September. Would be a cool present for myself :) . My hope is summer, July in particular. When it gets hot (and usually it's July), I start working like a legendary beast. (laugh) Awesome time for work.

Ark

This month was incredibly successful. I have finished all the backgrounds and animations, 90% of the soundtrack and all the story. Nearly done with the videos too. I would say at this point that significantly more than 60% of the whole game is finished and playable. I won't upload any graphics this time, but here's some music on my SoundCloud page:
https://soundcloud.com/legshandshead
(songs for Ghostdream have these blue pictures attached to them)

And yes... Forgive my naivety, I have tried crowdfunding. It's more or less a disaster at this point. I just want to forget it ever happened, but it's not that easy with all these IndieGoGo daily updates and pointless letters over-flooding my e-mail. In other words - I don't recommend this. Or may be it's just me...

Since I won't be able to solve my financial problems "magical way", I'll need to spend most of my time doing some random physical labor and so finding the time for Ghostdream will become difficult. That will slow me down.

Not much else to tell... But still this month was incredible - I never though it's possible to do so much in a month. :)   

luisdementia

Great music! This game is going to be awesome.

Blondbraid

I'm glad to hear that you've come so far with your game, I love the art-style and music! ;-D

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Ark on Mon 25/07/2016 06:47:31
Not much else to tell... But still this month was incredible - I never though it's possible to do so much in a month. :)   

Not much else to tell?!
you almost finished your game man! I can't wait to see the completed games thread 8-)

Ark

QuoteGreat music! This game is going to be awesome.
Thanks! People rarely praise my music, so I'm very happy to hear that.

QuoteI'm glad to hear that you've come so far with your game, I love the art-style and music!
Thanks! I'm glad too - the main achievement of this project for me is that I'm no longer scared of coding. Even error messages can be fun once in a while. :-D

QuoteNot much else to tell?!
you almost finished your game man! I can't wait to see the completed games thread
Me too! :) I wouldn't say it's almost finished though, but the most monotonous parts are done and now I have some time to think about the optional things. I love drawing backgrounds, but animating all of them can take a lot of time. Especially, if it's adventure game.

Ark

This is my penultimate update here, because... it's nearly done! Here's the stats:

Graphics – 100%
Music – 100%
Story – 100%
Coding – 100%
Speech and SFX – 10%

Will be finished in a month or even faster I believe. I'm doing "acting" myself – thanks to the game's setting and Audacity's effects it's no longer a problem. Characters sound very "ghost-like" in my opinion, but it may be hard to understand what they're saying sometimes. Magically, when you read the text at the same time, you start to understand it. I like this effect.

Next big step is publishing a game and unfortunately I don't see any options at the moment, so I can't really say when and how the game will be released. In the worst case scenario I'll rob a parliament – that should allow me to become a good publisher myself. (robbing a bank never works, so you need to be more creative at this, I think...)

On a side note I have made another trailer – it's exactly the same as the previous, but in Black and White (the game itself isn't :) ).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WarSd7GyM3o
Also I have a page on Indie DB now – nothing new there, but a big article, describing a game.
http://www.indiedb.com/games/ghostdream   

AnasAbdin

Great news ;-D
The B&W trailer is an awesome touch. I think the face in the background around 1:00 is creepier in this trailer 8-0

SilverSpook

Glorious art, comrade!  This stuff should be in a museum or gallery somewhere. I'd buy a print at a con.

KyriakosCH

Will be waiting to try this game! :)
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Ark

QuoteThe B&W trailer is an awesome touch. I think the face in the background around 1:00 is creepier in this trailer
Yes, it was quite unexpected. I even wanted to make an entirely black and white episode in the game itself - the game has some "retro film" mood to it, so it would be appropriate.
Well, at least I have done it in a trailer.

QuoteGlorious art, comrade!  This stuff should be in a museum or gallery somewhere. I'd buy a print at a con.
Thanks! In fact I was trying to get my art to some galleries and museums like 10 years ago... that's how I ended up hiding in the digital worlds some time later... :-D

QuoteWill be waiting to try this game!
It won't take long now. :) Even though "Acting" turned out to be a much more complex process than I thought, I'm still doing good... for an acting noob. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk