Gone fishin'

Started by Slasher, Fri 22/04/2016 21:33:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

Gone fishin' is a game where you stack up on the beer and head off to your favorite fishing venues to relax and do some fishing.

"When the partner's been nagging or the kids have been playing up or your day has been getting worse do what i do: Grab yourself a couple of cold beers and mosy on down for some relaxing fishing."

With the right bait and tackle you can catch fish like roach, rudd, bream, pike, carp etc....

In each venue (3) there is a monster fish.. can you hook and catch them all?

All fish caught are returned safely to the water and none were harmed during the making of this game.

There are no time limits or an end to the game: play for 5 minutes or play for 5 weeks (laugh)

Catch the most fish and get the prestigious AGS Fishermans' Cup.

Happy fishin' (laugh)

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2041/

Mandle

Congratz on yet another release, mate!

The game looks quite technical to me (and I guess most other people who have no idea about fishing) so I'm not sure about what kind of reception it will get from the adventure game community.

Have you tried linking to it on sites for fishing enthusiasts, or sites with similar simulation-type games? I'd imagine you'll reach a larger target audience this way.

Cheers!

milkanannan

Slasher

Cheers guy,

I made this game for my own pleasure seeing as i never go now and it was also a project i wanted to do.

You don't need to be a fishologist to play it..

And that's face it... we all want a big 'un (laugh)

Mandle

Quote from: slasher on Wed 27/04/2016 18:15:56
You don't need to be a fishologist to play it..

I just spent a happy hour playing the game and, slasher, you are right! As long as the player reads the tips section they should have no problem catching fish.

Oh, it's also very useful if you discover you can right-click to get a LOOK cursor and take a look at the stuff around you in the environment: Some good hints there!

I caught each monster fish at every venue...in fact the first fish I ever caught was the monster pike! That bloody monster carp eluded me for quite a while though!

I found the relaxed game-play, the calming environments, and the satisfaction of catching the different kinds of fish, all added up to a very pleasant experience, which I will probably return to from time to time when feeling stressed out.

Maybe an extended version with more venues/fish types/equipment? (and this is from me who said it looked too technical: and now, after playing, I want MORE options...sheesh, right?)

Also I noticed a glitch:

Spoiler
The game seems to be set in England, but it's not raining (laugh)
[close]

Slasher

Mandle:
QuoteI just spent a happy hour playing the game and, slasher, you are right! As long as the player reads the tips section they should have no problem catching fish.
See, it was not too hard (nod)

You should try for the Prestigious AGS Fishermans' Cup (laugh)

I may, in the future make it Deluxe with additions (like rain, snow etc) and stuff... If feedback is fairly positive this could happen..

I was also toying with other forms of fishing as well.

We'll have to see how it goes.

Comments welcomed either way.

Thanks ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk