Error loading saves on Shardlight

Started by Rosa2617, Thu 28/04/2016 03:23:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosa2617

I noticed that some of my save files would read "INVALID SAVE FILE 1" instead of what I typed when I first started the game, but eventually one of them worked, so everything was fine for a bit. But the next day I tried to load my save, and the game crashed. I got an error message that read:
An internal error has occured. Please note down the following information.
If the problem persists, post the details on the AGS Techincal Forum (ACI Version 3.3.5.1)
Error: wrong script module count, cannot restore game
I've gotten that message every time I try to load it. I even tried to load the two invalid save files that are still there, but those just got me an in-game message that said they couldn't load. I wasn't too far in the game, but I'd still like to know if there's a solution before giving up and starting over. Any help would be appreciated.

dayowlron

Not sure if this is your issue or not but if you save your game then make changes to the game your save file is not valid anymore. This has to do with the save file saving different information so it gets out of sync.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Crimson Wizard

Yes, the question really is, was there a new version of the game released, and if you are using saves made with older one.

Unfortunately that is being a huge problem with all games made in AGS, that when the game contents change (with a new released version) there is a high chance saves get broken. It is one of our priorities now to solve this issue, but that takes time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk