Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

Voting has finished and the results are as follows:

• Rackham by Retro Wolf - 0 votes
• Jumpin'Jack by Slasher - 0 votes
• Memoriae by Xil - 1 vote
• Jump! Jack! Flash! by Kumpel - 4 votes
• Out of Gas by Cassiebsg - 8 votes

Well done Cassie. Victory is yours! You will be contacted soon about choosing a topic for July.
Thanks to all the participants and voters.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Jumpin' Jack: the bean powered kid
by Slasher
Memoriae by Xil
Out of Gas by Cassiebsg
Rackham by Retro Wolf
Jump! Jack! Flash! by Kumpel

Click on the game title to download.

Voting

CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR VOTE
Send the title of your favourite game under the subject MAGS [MONTH]

Remember:
* try all the games before you vote
* vote only once
* vote for your favourite

Voting Ends: June 15th

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic: Jumpin' Jack Flash
This month's guidelines were set by CaptainD, Creamy, Selmiak

The Rolling Stones held a historic free concert in Havana, Cuba, recently, and to commemorate that event the theme for the May MAGS is based around the lyrics of one of their best-loved songs, Jumpin' Jack Flash.

Game must contain:
- The game must feature a character called Jack (doesn't have to be the player character)
- Gas (in whatever form you wish)
- It's all right now (interpret as you wish)

Optional:
- Jack jumps
- Game contains a Toothless, Bearded Hag

Ending: May 31st

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What is MAGS?

Started in 2001, MAGS is a competition for amateur adventure game makers. The idea is to create a game in under a month, following the rules set by the previous winner. It aims to help you work to a deadline, improve your skills, and provide a kick-start into making adventure games. Regardless of skill, MAGS is for everyone. Voting is based on "favorite" games, and not the most artistic, or the best coded. If you have bad art skills, use it as a chance to do some graphic work. If you're sub-standard at coding, use it as a chance to give scripting a go. Ultimately, people will vote for the most enjoyable entry.

Rules

• You may work in a team to produce an entry.
• You are not allowed to use any material created before the competition. Your game must be completely new! An exception is music and sound; you can use any audio that is freely available to the public.
• Any modules and templates featured in this board are also allowed.

Entering MAGS is simple. First, conceptualise your game following the month's criteria (see top). Second, create your game fueled only by coffee. Finally, post your game in this thread, including:

âÅ"“ A working download link
âÅ"“ The title of your game
âÅ"“ A suitable in-game screenshot

At the end of the month, voting will begin, usually lasting for fifteen days. The winner chooses the next month's theme, and their name and game is immortalised in the MAGS Archive. For more information, please visit the Official MAGS website.

WHAM

I don't think I can do enough drugs in the allotted timeframe that would produce the required mental state AND allow me to code anything. I've read the lyrics and listened to the song a few times now and still don't have the faintest freakin' clue what the hell is going on here. Freakin' hippies, man! :D
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

CaptainD

Quote from: WHAM on Mon 02/05/2016 07:56:49
I don't think I can do enough drugs in the allotted timeframe that would produce the required mental state AND allow me to code anything. I've read the lyrics and listened to the song a few times now and still don't have the faintest freakin' clue what the hell is going on here. Freakin' hippies, man! :D

Dude that's why we narrowed it down to these very simple things...

- The game must feature a character called Jack (doesn't have to be the player character)

As for the required mental state... I thought you already had it, man.  I'm disappointed in you.  Though don't make that a reason to go running for Mother's Little Helper...

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Slasher

One Stones freak here and 'life's a gas' (laugh)

Count me in.... i already have a few ideas (laugh)

slasher

CaptainD

Quote from: slasher on Mon 02/05/2016 08:51:15
One Stones freak here and 'life's a gas' (laugh)

Count me in.... i already have a few ideas (laugh)

slasher

Mate I think the inclusion of a toothless bearded hag should be obligatory in your case, just because I really want to see what you'd do with the idea (laugh)

WHAM

Quote from: CaptainD on Mon 02/05/2016 08:43:38
Dude that's why we narrowed it down to these very simple things...

I am toying with ideas in my head. I might have something here...
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Stupot

Quote from: pell on Mon 02/05/2016 21:02:12
Hi all. I'll join in.
Hi pell. I look forward to playing your entry :-) ;-D

selmiak

Nice to see this theme sparks some interest.  ;-D

Slasher

I claim this title:

Jumpin' Jack: The bean powered kid 

Quotes
"For over five hundred years we Blackstock's have been casting our evil spells."
"Until you came along!"
"Where did we go wrong?"
"You're not doing any 'Goody two-shoes' around here!!"

(laugh)

Radiant

Can this theme get no satisfaction?

pell

My working title is Jack Flash Space Adventurer in "Kiss My Gas".

CaptainD

Sounds like downloads of flatulent sound effects are going to soar this month.... WHAT HAVE WE DONE?!?!?! 8-0 8-0 8-0 8-0

Slasher

QuoteWHAT HAVE WE DONE?!?!?!
released the beast (laugh)

Gurok

Quote from: slasher on Wed 04/05/2016 20:49:33
QuoteWHAT HAVE WE DONE?!?!?!
released the beast (laugh)

Fired off the butt bazooka. I get you.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Blue Bee

Slasher

Come guys... start posting ;)

Woody aka Jumpin' Jack being disowned by his hag mother for his good deeds:

Danvzare

Holy crap that's disturbing! 8-0

Well done by the way.

Retro Wolf

I suck at drawing platformer sprites, so I looked to the past for inspiration.
[imgzoom]http://s32.postimg.org/h6hmrh875/Image2.png[/imgzoom] (zoomable image)
On the left is an old sprite from my Flappy Dennis game, the right is the new heavily edited sprite built upon the left one. Is the new sprite MAGs legal? I know it looks a lot different, I just didn't want to get accused of anything If someone noticed similarities further down the line.

Jackie Rackham, Space Pirate Captain deposed by her crew due to her Irritable Bowel Syndrome!

Slasher

i think that if an old sprite is included but made-over so it looks kind of different then that is a skill in itself and i reckon it would be ok... but it is not down to me... see if anything is said by the top brass (laugh)

My hopeful May entry is practically ready....

Long live Jumpin' Jack and can he get any satisfaction? (laugh)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk