MAGS May "Jumpin' Jack Flash" (RESULTS)

Started by Stupot, Sun 01/05/2016 01:48:46

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

@Retro Wolf
I'd just call that your style, and good style is not only legal, but the way to go!

@slasher
Wow, that's scary!

Stupot

@RetroWolf I don't think you have anything to worry about. It's edited way past the point of being an old image.

@Slasher Haha. Wow. Maybe you have time for two entries :-D

Slasher

Download Now...........http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2049/

Updated: May 26th................

Jumpin' Jack: the bean powered kid

Short game with 3 scenarios to deal with... humorous and at times sad... very stonesy' and contains some bodily function humour (as per topic insinuated).

This is my first game ever using 320 x 200.

Jumpin' Jack the bean powered kid is a kind of fairytale meets superhero.

After the boat that Jack (real name Woody) and his parents were on hits underwater rocks their boat sinks and Jack gets washed up on the shores of a cornish village. Jacks' parents are never found and pronounced dead.

Gramelda, the village witch, takes Jack into the Blackstock family and raises him as their own teaching him the black magic spells of the Blackstocks' legacy.

Jack is not cut out for all this evil black magic as he dreams of becoming a superhero like superman and batman.

Jacks' stepmother makes Jack a costume not realising Jacks' good intentions and when she realises that her Jack is going around doing good deeds it angers her to a point where she tells him to leave home until he cames to his senses and became a full blooded Blackstock black magic wizard.

With this, Jack leaves home with only his hero costume and a few encharted beans and continues his quest to become a superhero helping anyone who needs help and dismissing violence.

Then he comes across Buddy Love the school bully who thinks himself as a Ronnie Kray!

Without using any violence how can Jack do good over evil and will his stepmother Gramelda ever take Jack back into the Blackstock family?

Have a gas gas gas (laugh)

CaptainD

Slasher the game-making machine strikes again!  Oh nooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!

Thanks for the entry mate! :-D

DBoyWheeler

@slasher Good God!  Think we put in enough fart jokes?!  (Don't answer that!)

As for me, eh, even if I DID find time to do the MAGS here, I'm not sure how I can do the "Jumpin' Jack Flash" theme well... mainly since I know so little about Rolling Stones, and I want to keep it classy if possible (unless of course I really WAS in the mood for gas jokes).

But, again, good luck to everyone participating.

selmiak

@DBoyWheeler: Read the opening post again. There are only 3 very loose MAGS rules this month, you don't even have to know the stones...

and there I had hoped someone would use an oil rig as a setting where they burn the gas or so...

Slasher

@DBoyWheeler
QuoteGood God! Think we put in enough fart jokes?!
Do remember i was the first and that anyone else after is just a pale imitation (laugh)

@selmiak
QuoteI had hoped someone would use an oil rig as a setting where they burn the gas or so...
Should have mentioned that earlier though nowhere near as funny i think (laugh)

I can't wait to play other mag entries i'm sure it will be a gas (laugh)

Come on guys, get your entry in....

Retro Wolf

Got a good feeling about this project, I've got Jackie jumping around and shooting a laser gun (she is a space pirate). For some reason I drew her holding a watering can, so now there's gardening in the game. Next I'm working on the fart meter, the idea being if you let the gas build up too much the resulting explosion kills your plants. I may weaponize the farts somehow.

"It's all right now" not sure how I'm going to do with that, maybe I'll make a "reassurance system" where you hug your depressed friend.

Slasher

Sounds great Retro Wolf (nod)

i do hope you manage to implement everything as i'm laughing already at the very thought of it (laugh)

Novel idea (nod)

I'v set the bar... so get unleashing it....

Retro Wolf

Challenge accepted Slasher! ;)

I'm not sure how I got to making a side scrolling Harvest Moon, but that's the way it's going.

Mandle

Quote from: slasher on Thu 12/05/2016 19:47:51
I'v set the bar... so get unleashing it....

Oh God...I remember posting that Slasher should do MAGS...

What devilry hath I wrought?!

ITTTT'SSSSS ALLLLIIIIVE!!!!

Stupot

Your friendly two-week reminder.
So, err. Two weeks left!
How are things coming along (apart from Slasher, who has finished already :shocked: )?

Kumpel

Okay! I fiddled around way too long with this topic the last weekend. Now I am throwing down my glove too. Here is a little teaser screen:

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/q5HP24S.png[/imgzoom]

Cassiebsg

I wrote a story and puzzles on paper today, but doubt I have the time to make the graphics in the short time that there is left... not to mention it would delay my first Beta for the BSG game... But it is tempting.

And Kumpel, you stole my idea! Though... mine isn't dark. :wink:
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Kumpel

Oh I would love to see your version, if our idea is really the same.

Is it too dark? 8-0 Anyone having problems seeing anything?

Cassiebsg

LOL Kumpel, it's not the sprite that is dark... I meant it's night in yours, if I do mine, it'll be daylight. ;)

Spoiler

As for same idea....
Spoiler

If your car is out of gas, then so is mine. (laugh)
[close]
[close]

EDIT: Question, is it okay to use free pictures from the internet to use as textures? Or should I go out and take a photo of the road? (roll)

Mandle

Hehe Cassie...Do you often open the hood of your car when you

Spoiler
run out of gas?
[close]

But actually, now that I think about it, I guess it is a good universal signal for passing drivers to stop and offer help, no matter what the actual problem...

Kumpel

Mandle I thought exactly the same :D ... But he is never the less right. There is a problem with an absence of gas. Yet I am going to extend the situation beyond that...

Cassiebsg

LOL Mandle, no... but one might open it if one is unaware of what the problem is. ;)

xil

Hey guys, long time no see!

I managed to scrape some time together to make a game for Adventure Jam 2016 that also fits the MAGS May rules (just about :P).

The game is called Memoriae.

Game topic here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=53570.0
GameJolt page and download here: http://gamejolt.com/games/memoriae/150115

[imgzoom]http://calicoreverie.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/memoriae-ss1.png[/imgzoom]

I'll get it added to the AGS database ASAP as well.
Calico Reverie - Independent Game Development, Pixel Art & Other Stuff
Games: Mi - Starlit Grave - IAMJASON - Aractaur - blind to siberia - Wrong Channel - Memoriae - Point Of No Return

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk