Toffee Trouble in Creamville - Now with German translation

Started by cat, Wed 04/05/2016 16:09:33

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

Miez and I proudly present the sweetest game of this MAGS:

Toffee Trouble in Creamville

[imgzoom]http://cat.agser.me/games/ToffeeTrouble/screenshot.png[/imgzoom]

When the mayor leaves town and Toffee is in charge of Creamville, anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

Get the game here!

Winner of MAGS April 2016 "Natural Disasters".

Update 17.12.2016
There is a new version with German translation and a few fixes.

Mandle

Quote from: cat on Wed 04/05/2016 16:09:33

Why don't you head over to the MAGS thread, also play Mandle's game and then cast your vote for your favorite?

I just got finished played the game and now I must check in at the "Inn Sulin" hotel that I imagine exists somewhere in Creamville for my detox...

See you all in a day or two after room service finally stops telling me to donut try ordering any more desserts...

CaptainD

Gonna try this game with my little girl, who is busy ensuring that I know the names of every My Little Pony character. (Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!)

CaptainD

Haha cute game!  Enjoyed it, as did my little girl, and I'm sure that Pinkie Pie, Twilight Sparkles and Rainbow Dash would have as well.

Loved the light and fluffy game with disasters and quite a dark sinister turn at the end!

Amazing graphics, good writing, nice puzzles and suitably upbeat music.  Great stuff!

Cassiebsg

Loved it! :-D
This is most definitely the sweetest game I ever played!
Well done you two! (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Shadow1000

I downloaded and played this game.

I absolutely, ABSOLUTELY loved it!

The backgrounds are stunning. They pull you into a candy world using vibrant colours and depth. There were times that I felt my mouth watering. The animations are just gorgeous. The puzzles are cute and just perfect for the game. The puzzles are not difficult so I was thinking that this game because of its candy theme would be a GREAT introductory game for children who want to enjoy point and click genre adventures. What blows me away is how such a FLAWLESS game was made in such a short period of time. Even some of the best MAGS entries have little glitches or rough edges that can be overlooked because there just isn't enough time for complete testing and revision. There is NOTHING about this game that indicates that it was put together for a contest with a deadline.

Congratulations to both of you, Cat and Miez.

SHADOW

Haggis

I echo what Shadow said.

It's a very accomplished game, a treat for the eyes, and I love the mouse cursor. Is that a familiar face peeking out of the workshop?

Creamy

Lovely game. The graphics are stunning.
I especially enjoyed :
Spoiler
shooting at the volcano.
[close]
I'm a bit sad for :
Spoiler
Toffee. Her life ain't so sweet after all.
[close]

cat

Thank you so much, for the kind words, guys! I'm glad that you enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed making it and all the sleepless nights were worthwhile.

Quote from: Haggis on Fri 06/05/2016 15:30:05
Is that a familiar face peeking out of the workshop?
:-D

@Creamy
Spoiler
Don't worry about her. She has such a positive and upbeat personality that she'll be fine after all the mess is cleaned up.
[close]

selmiak

straydogstrut

Congratulations both on a fantastic MAGS release!

Just finished playing this and it's hilarious :-D

I really like the puzzles with
Spoiler
the dialog about desserts and knocking the bird's egg over (nice touch the second time around)
[close]
and the bit Creamy mentioned especially with
Spoiler
Polo squeezing his eyes shut when you fire (laugh)
[close]
The backgrounds are simply gorgeous :shocked: This is a really polished effort with clearly a lot of thought put into it and I love all the little details
Spoiler
"toot sweet" - Caractacus Potts would be proud :wink:
[close]

sthomannch

Cute little game, I had a good laugh! I like the graphics and dialogs. The puzzles were on the right level. Well done

Stupot

This game plays as sweet as it looks.
Spoiler
I'm guessing there won't be a sequel, though? 8-0
[close]

cat

Thanks guys! We are really happy to get so much positive feedback :)

About the ending:
Spoiler
I just want to point out, that while the game ends in chaos, it's not really THAT bad. Sure, everything is a mess (and Canelle's handbag is now probably damaged beyond repair), but noone was hurt and they just have to clean up A LOT. It was also due to the topic of "Natural disasters" that we wanted to include more than just the eruption at the beginning.
[close]

So, considering this, if there ever were to be a sequel, it would have to be
Spoiler
a cleaning simulation :P
[close]

Miez

Quote from: cat on Tue 17/05/2016 21:21:37
So, considering this, if there ever were to be a sequel, it would have to be
Spoiler
a cleaning simulation :P
[close]

"Toffee Comes Clean" :-D

CaptainD

I suggest a sequel titled "In The Land of the Marshmallow King".

Fitz

How about Truffle Kerfuffle?

Loved it! It was funny, it was clever (the Italian cuisine quiz was my favorite), and if the game doesn't win next years AGS Awards for best graphics & animation, I'm going on a hunger strike. On top of the lo-carb, no-sweets diet that I'm currently tormenting myself with :P So yes, it was extremely fun to at least watch some virtual sweets. I was also in the mood for more saccharine after watching "Wreck-It Ralph" again the other week. It also reminded me a lot of that happy song from way, waaaay back:

Miez

Quote from: Haggis on Fri 06/05/2016 15:30:05Is that a familiar face peeking out of the workshop?

These are not the droids you're looking for... :-D

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Wed 18/05/2016 09:03:26
I suggest a sequel titled "In The Land of the Marshmallow King".

"Lord Of The Ring Dings"

cat

Toffee was featured in Adventure Gamers' Following Freeware!

The article also covers a few other AGS games - check it out!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk