Old Woman Beardychin and the Scruffedy Bumtious

Started by Riaise, Thu 05/05/2016 13:56:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Riaise

Story:
Old Woman Beardychin, a mature lady with inconvenient facial hair, is quite content to follow the same routine day after day, when suddenly her life is turned upside down by the arrival, and subsequent departure, of a Scruffedy Bumtious. Thus begins an frustratingly epic journey, full of peril and mishaps, which takes Beardychin far away from her safe and comfortable home. Will she ever find the Bumtious again?

Screenshots:
Click for larger versions:

Details:

• Interface: Two-click (left-click to interact/talk, right-click to examine)
  • Resolution: 1024 x 768
  • Game Length: Short (approximately 1 hour)

Cassiebsg

Congrats on the release!
Looking forward to give it a try. (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Riaise

Haggis

This was a lovely twee (in a good way) adventure which actually packs in quite an amount of diverse puzzles and interfaces! Given the short development time it's quite an achievement!

I particularly liked the:
Spoiler
Spoiler
Dog pawprints in the maze
[close]
[close]

Riaise

Thank you for the comment! It's such a relief to hear that you liked it, I wasn't sure how it would go down with people that I'm not related to! (laugh)

cat

Lovely game! Nice clean graphics and lovely music. Took me about 40 minutes to complete.

Spoiler
I was really glad that I could skip the heads up/down puzzle after a while :)
The game has a rare example of a maze in an adventure game that was actually fun (and the footprints were a nice idea)
[close]

Shadow1000

I just played this game now and I'm glad I did!

- Graphics, music and sound effects give the game a very complete and polished look and really contribute to the experience
- The story plot fit well with the duration of the gameplay. Like Cat, it took me about 40 minutes to complete
- As others have commented, I am very impressed by the variety of puzzles in the game. None of them were really difficult so the game was never stale or frustrating. This may appeal to newer players or players who find more challenging games to be frustrating.
- I give credit for the creativity aspect as well.

Overall a delightful game that anyone who has not yet played will enjoy.

Good job!

SHADOW

Riaise

Thank you so much for the lovely comments! It makes me really happy to know that people are enjoying the game. :)

Riaise

Big thanks to cat for choosing Old Woman Beardychin as Pick of the Month! I was so pleased when I saw it! ;-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk