AGS Euro 2016 Prediction League

Started by Stupot, Fri 06/05/2016 11:42:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

Quote from: CaptainD on Sun 12/06/2016 22:32:43
Quote from: Haggis on Sun 12/06/2016 22:20:31What is round 1 - the whole group stage, or only the first round of group games... have I just answered my own question?

I think it's the group stage in its entirety.

Sorry, yeah, my use of the phrase 'first round' means the whole of the group stages. You can use your wildcard in any group stage game :)

@CaptainD Superbly placed wildcard there, my friend. That puts you in first place, with a nice 7-point cushion already. But it's still early days, so don't get comfortable :)

Yesterday was good to me, too. 2/3 correct scores. Horray.

CaptainD

Come on Divock!  Equalise and get me more points! :-D

[EDIT] - on second thoughts if you save performances like that for your national side and perform well for LFC, that would be smashing.

Haggis

All those years wasted playing Championship/Football Manager...

I'll always have Northampton Town Champions League winners 2026!!

SinSin

Belgium were awful!!

I tipped them for the tournament !!
Currently working on a project!

Stupot

Last call for new entrants. Anyone who's been wondering whether or not to join in, you have until the Russia-Slovakia game kicks off on the 15th. The league is well underway, but it's not too late and anything can happen.

Cassie and Tzachs (and me), don't forget to add a few more predictions soon or you might risk some deductions :-)

And reminder to those who still haven't used their wildcard, don't forget. CaptainD is living proof that it pays to use it :-)

X

Haggis

I'd like to use my wildcard prediction on my Austria vs Hungary Portugal vs iceland prediction tonight.

Cassiebsg

Oh rats, a game I need to watch (assuming it's on a channel I have access to)
and I thought I was going early to bed again. (roll)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Stupot

Unlucky Haggis! Iceland fooled all of us.

Haggis

How can I be doing so badly when I have so much in common with managerial guru Jogi Low!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYso-ZUwEZ0

Maybe I'm not doing it enough...

Cassiebsg

Rats, why do they never ever listen to me?? 8-0
I keep telling them "shooting almost in is NOT a score! It's the ball INSIDE the goal that counts!" damn them for not listening! (roll)

And I missed both goals!!! Because the commentator was just randomly commenting and not engaged at all! So I was at the computer expecting to hear a "GOAL"... but it was more like a "goal" I'm guessing, cause I never heard them. :~(
To make matters worse, I had set the tTV on a timer and it turned it self on when the game started... great, but I failed to realized it would shut it self off again... right in the last few seconds of the game, when Ronaldo was about to shot the very last shot (yes, after the hand)... and bum! Black screen... and I was WTF!? (wtf) I hurry to turned it on again, but by the time it did, it was over, the game score was no longer on, Ronaldo was walking with his stupid grin and the Icelanders were celebrating like they just had won the game... and me was "WTF happen? Did it end 1-1 or did he score? Or did THEY score?" (roll)

SinSin

Do you have to use wild cards in the groups or can you wait until the later stages?
Currently working on a project!

Cassiebsg

You don't HAVE to... but you CAN... and if you don't, then you miss that wild card. You'll get another wild card for the stages... or at least that is my understanding

Nah... I better remember to give some predictions soon. (nod)

Stupot

Group stage only, this time. The knockout stages are already doubled and the final is tripled. Last year we did try wildcards in the knockout stages instead but it didn't really end up adding anything, so I thought this time they could be used to spice up the group stages a bit.

CaptainD

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Wed 15/06/2016 16:26:08
I keep telling them "shooting almost in is NOT a score! It's the ball INSIDE the goal that counts!"

We should really sign you up for the Liverpool coaching team... :-D

Creamy

It's funny that most of you expect a large victory of France over Albania tonight.
Let's refresh your memory :
14th November 2014, France-Albania : 1-1
13th June 2015, Albania-France : 1-0

CaptainD

Quote from: Creamy on Wed 15/06/2016 19:04:39
It's funny that most of you expect a large victory of France over Albania tonight.
Let's refresh your memory :
14th November 2014, France-Albania : 1-1
13th June 2015, Albania-France : 1-0

Well all my other predictions for today's matches have been woefully wrong, so...

Kumpel

Wow. This European Championship is amazingly unforeseeable! What a prediction disaster these last days...
(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)

Here is my Wild Card:    Jun-21     17:00     N. Ireland vs Germany

Cassiebsg

Guess it's time for some more blind predictions. (nod)

Jun-17   14:00   Italy   2   vs   1   Sweden
Jun-17   17:00   Czech Rep   1   vs   0   Croatia
Jun-17   20:00   Spain   2   vs   1   Turkey
Jun-18   14:00   Belgium   0   vs   0   Rep Ireland
Jun-18   17:00   Iceland   1   vs   1   Hungary
Jun-18   20:00   Portugal   2   vs   0   Austria ** Wildcard (probably a bad idea to demonstrate favoritism... (laugh)(roll) )
Jun-19   20:00   Romania   1   vs   0   Albania
Jun-19   20:00   Switzerland   1   vs   2   France
Jun-20   20:00   Russia   1   vs   1   Wales
Jun-20   20:00   Slovakia   0   vs   2   England
Jun-21   17:00   N Ireland   0   vs   2   Germany
Jun-21   17:00   Ukraine   9   vs   1   Poland
Jun-21   20:00   Croatia   0   vs   2   Spain
Jun-21   20:00   Czech Rep   0   vs   0   Turkey
Jun-22   17:00   Hungary   1   vs   2   Portugal
Jun-22   17:00   Iceland   1   vs   0   Austria
Jun-22   20:00   Italy   3   vs   2   Rep Ireland
Jun-22   20:00   Sweden   1   vs   1   Belgium

Stupot

I should point out (and I will update this in the rules) that in the event of a tie-break situation where two teams have the same number of POINTS, the player with the highest number of correct SCORES will win. If they are still level, it will go to the player with the highest number of correct RESULTS. If it is STILL level, the person with the fewest deductions will win. And if it is still level after all that, there will be a fight to the death.

I'm having trouble getting the table to automatically display the above-mentioned rule (strangely. I'm sure it was easy last time). For example, Sinitrena and Sinsin should actually be swapped because Sinsin has guessed more correct scores, but it's not really worth the hassle unless it becomes an issue at the top of the table near the end of the tournament.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk