Whispers of a Machine

Started by Andail, Mon 16/05/2016 08:49:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Andail

Yo yo,
Time to add a new background to this thread. Those of you who follow me on Twitter will have seen it, so to also give you guys something extra I included a little step-by-step sequence to show you the process, kind of.

[imgzoom]http://esseb.com/andail/godsalgorithm/mallone5.png[/imgzoom]

Thanks for watching!

AnasAbdin

That's amazing ;-D
I love seeing stuff being made by different people! Each one has a different perspective.

Cassiebsg

Lovely! (nod)
Had a little fun spotting the difference between the last 2 pics. (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Yitcomics

Quote from: Andail on Sat 17/09/2016 19:47:29
Yo yo,
Time to add a new background to this thread. Those of you who follow me on Twitter will have seen it, so to also give you guys something extra I included a little step-by-step sequence to show you the process, kind of.

Andail this is so awesome,I always love looking at these kind of process,hoping that I might learn something.Unfortunately I don't have a twitter account,but I might just get one. :P

CrashPL

Great looking background, nice step-by-step artworks as well! Can't wait to see more of such lovely things. :)

SilverSpook

Great looking work there man!  Everything is coming together nicely.

KyriakosCH

This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

AndyfromVA

Looks awesome.  Any chance of a sequel to Kathy Rain?

JSH

Quote from: AndyfromVA on Tue 04/10/2016 14:59:22
Looks awesome.  Any chance of a sequel to Kathy Rain?

It's a possiblity further down the line, but right now I'm fully engaged with WOAM :)

KyriakosCH

Quote from: Andail on Tue 09/08/2016 13:05:20
New background:
Not 100% done - the signs are basically placeholders, and some linework is a little rough - but you get the idea.

Very fine... 8-)
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

mercenario

Another must play! I think I'm gonna make a post of it in my blog.

Chicky

That hanger(?) background is giving me a real Studio Ghibli vibe, great work Andail.

Andail

Thanks guys! Chicky, Studio Ghibli vibe is a great compliment :)

Latest iteration of protagonist Vera:
[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/rg4Smd3.png[/imgzoom]
[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/GZQsIKo.png[/imgzoom]

Peder 🚀

Cassiebsg

New character looks great! (nod)
But but but... I can't remember how she looked before! :~(

Keep up the great work. :)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Ark

Backgrounds look awesome! As well as the heroine, but I must say I liked the first version more. She was cuter in my eyes. :)

Blondbraid

Love the visuals, and it's fun to see character with an asymmetric style. 8-)

cat

Quote from: Blondbraid on Fri 28/10/2016 20:12:52

Indeed, this is going to be a nightmare to animate - doing all animations twice...

JSH

Quote from: cat on Sun 30/10/2016 14:44:16
Quote from: Blondbraid on Fri 28/10/2016 20:12:52

Indeed, this is going to be a nightmare to animate - doing all animations twice...

Twice is a bit of an exaggeration, frames just can't be flipped horizontally without tweaking the head :) Kathy Rain was a bit more difficult, since the asymmetry for her was prevalent over the entire sprite, not just the head. It still wasn't as much work as you'd think though, as many animations were drawn for a single direction anyway.

With that being said, since we are in somewhat uncharted waters with the bump to 640x360, we ARE looking for an additional animator to help alleviate the workload!

harima

graphics remind me orion conspirancy, but i'm shocked about the details of your characters! Nice nice nice work!
If you don't get bored, it should work maybe.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk