Whispers of a Machine

Started by Andail, Mon 16/05/2016 08:49:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Vincent

I really can't describe how Amazing these screenshots looks guys! Andail, you are Amazing as the rest of the team! I really cannot wait to play this game! please HURRY UP! :P

SilverSpook

Great work!  I can definitely see the signature art style coming through here, from Kathy Rain, etc.  There are a lot of dystopias, post-apocalypses, and generally society-had-issues due to machine malfunction, but few set in... smaller towns.  Particularly ones that have this sort of look to them, with all that space and nature in between the little car crashes and hints of future architecture.

Very much looking forward to this!

JSH

Hi all! We're looking for some long term testers to join the WOAM team :)

Your responsibility will be to play regular builds, find bugs and give general feedback on the game all the way up until release. You'll be directly involved in the development process, helping shape the direction of the game. Right now, we use Steam for build distribution and Slack for everything else, so you'll need to create accounts for both.

If you're interested, you can reach out to us at contact [at] whispersofamachine.com. Let us know which games you have tested or otherwise worked on before, and maybe just a few sentences of who you are and why you'd like to join the team :) Please do NOT use forum PM. Cheers!

FruitTree

intersting premise and I'm really diggin the backgrounds! sober but with a great feel for detail and atmosphere!

Will the site provide updates? or should we keep an eye on this thread?

very interested! keep creating guys!

JSH

Quote from: FruitTree on Wed 21/06/2017 11:05:43
intersting premise and I'm really diggin the backgrounds! sober but with a great feel for detail and atmosphere!

Will the site provide updates? or should we keep an eye on this thread?

very interested! keep creating guys!

Periodically checking this thread should provide the most up-to-date info! :)

By the way, Clifftop Games and Faravid Interactive are now proud sponsors of AdventureX 2017! We'll both attend in November and exhibit WOAM, don't forget to say hi if you happen to see two grumpy guys wearing WOAM t-shirts! :)

Andail

Update: We've now recruited composer and sound effects guy Jacob Lincke to our team.

Check out his awesome stuff here:
https://jacoblincke.bandcamp.com

Jacob's also a Göteborg native like myself, so we'll have the chance to go out and record authentic Nordic sound effects together.

selmiak

this sounds pretty cool, good pick for a soundguy! ;-D

Stupot

Sounds like a real sound guy.

Andail

Major update:
It's our pleasure to announce that Whispers of a Machine will be published by Raw Fury.

We'll also take the opportunity to show off our new game poster, painted by Swedish illustrator Gustav Rangmar:

Grundislav

dactylopus

Congrats on finding a publisher!  That poster looks great!

CaptainD

Terrific poster!

Haven't heard of Raw Fury before but their angle on being a publisher looks interesting.

selmiak

This is going to be great! And the poster is awesome!
But the upper border of the png is not blurred out like the rest of the borders and has a (semi)sharp edge to it...

CyberUncleCat

Oh holy hell this game sure looks neat!

And Raw Fury, from how they describe themselves, do seem like a nice publisher so i wish you guys success with your game:).

JSH

Hey guys! The game is progressing nicely, here's a fresh screenshot for y'all!

Slasher

Looks brilliant...

Nice work (laugh)

Matti

Lovely! I really like the colors.

dactylopus

That's a fantastic screenshot!  The game is looking great!

Crimson Wizard

Please, draw a stool for the guy, he's standing there all day long :)

selmiak

nah, he's just a robot selling robots, like everything else in there ;)

Looking good guys, keep it up!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk