Whispers of a Machine

Started by Andail, Mon 16/05/2016 08:49:22

Previous topic - Next topic

homelightgames

First, the screenshots look amazing.
Second, congratulations on getting a publisher.
Third, now that I see it, I can't unsee it... the poor shop guy does looks like he could use a sit down when no one else is in the shop. ;-D

keep up the good work

Creamy

Nice work as usual.

Kinda like a gloomier Risée du Monde.

Stupot

Quote from: JSH on Thu 22/03/2018 10:28:18
Hey guys! The game is progressing nicely, here's a fresh screenshot for y'all!
Spoiler

[close]
That suit-of-armour looking robot body has exactly the same build and posture as the shopkeeper. Does he wear it?

henrikes

Isn't the desk a bit short compared to the man?

BTW is that wall-e on the wall :D

Mandle

Great background!

I do feel that the metallic robots etc. in the background could do with a bit more shiny highlights though, maybe in the colour of the light. They look a bit flat to me, almost like they are drawn on the wall.

ManicMatt

Gorgeous graphics! Kathy Rain is on my pc, hopefully one day I'll actually play it haha.

I am slowly catching up with my backlog of games.

Resigning from your job helps.

JSH

Thanks for these lovely comments and all the constructive feedback!

We have heard your pleas, and Sture the shopkeeper will be given a magnificent stool in the next iteration of the background. I myself advocated for a throne, but the rest of the team thought that was a bit much :) We'll also have a look at some of the scaling and lighting issues.

In other news, we could also use a few more long term beta testers. If you would like to share the WOAM journey with us, give me a holler at contact [at] clifftopgames , com! (no forum PM please). Cheers!

Cassiebsg

I would love to beta test, but if it's Steam beta testing only I won't be able to join in the journey.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Click'd

JSH

Quote from: Cl... on Mon 02/04/2018 17:51:57
Yes, you'd need Steam.

Yup, sadly, Steam is required, as is creating a Slack account for communicating with the other team members.

JSH

Hi all! We're not dead, albeit the heat wave this summer nearly did us in :X

I just wanted to let you know that I've created a Clifftop Games discord, where you can discuss Whispers of a Machine and other titles by us, and get exclusive early info before anyone else! http://discord.gg/aeYc64N

JSH

We have reached a critical milestone, as Whispers of a Machine is finally playable from beginning to end! :)

We have also teamed up with the legendary Ivan Ulyanov (known from countless WEG titles) for the character portraits!

Cassiebsg

Congrats on reaching the milestone. (nod)
And those portraits, BG and characters look awesome!
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

StillInThe90s

Good to hear about Ulyanov joining the project. Absolutely lovely portraits btw.

shaun9991

Ulyanov is the portrait god - looking very nice indeed :)
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Dave Gilbert

Yayyy! Ivan is fantastic. An excellent choice.

Andail

Quote from: Dave Gilbert on Tue 09/10/2018 14:40:18

Do you know him too?

Ilyich

Haha, you are all much too lovely! Excited to be involved in this game, I have a vague suspicion it's going to be a good one! ;)

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: Andail on Tue 09/10/2018 15:56:38
Quote from: Dave Gilbert on Tue 09/10/2018 14:40:18

Do you know him too?

I've only worked with him on almost every project of mine since 2014. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk