AGSer.me hosting shutdown

Started by Peder 🚀, Tue 17/05/2016 21:12:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder 🚀

IMPORTANT
Due to several reasons I've decided to no longer support hosting of agser.me accounts, and agser.me will now purely be a subdomain service (plus email for a selected few).
I'm not renewing the AGSA server and rather setting a new one up due to the recent outages (http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=53557).

I'll be backing up all the AGSer.me websites and offer a zip download to those who want it. If anyone want to keep their domain and have it forwarded somewhere else just let me know and I'll sort that out!
(Contact me via irc.agsarchives.com #clubgalen or any social account you know of mine, put please don't PM me as I no longer frequent these forums)

It's possible that I'll relaunch agser.me at some point in the future, but I can't promise anything as it's not just costing me money but also valuable time.

Ali

Thanks for all the help with AGSer.me over the years Peder. Are you going to keep the AGS archives pages up, or do I need to find a new home for: https://www.agsarchives.com/gamecard/735/nelly-cootalot-spoonbeaks-ahoy!.html

Sorry if you've answered that elsewhere!

Peder 🚀

Hey Ali, all though AGSA has been scaled down massively from what my original plans with it was, it's staying online :).
Though once I've finished adding all games to the new version, http://live.agsarchives.com, I'll be pushing that live on the main domain.

This also means that all links will need to be updated at some point to link to the new updated links.
I'll set up some temporary "re-direct" service so links don't break right away though.

Ali

That's good to know - thank you!

Peder 🚀

The agser.me service is going to be going offline by the end of the weekend, if you want a zip of your agser.me site let me know and I'll provide you a link.
If you want to keep your agser.me subdomain and have it pointed somewhere else just let me know and I'll sort it out :).

Adeel

Goodbye Captain, bring the flag down
Clear the deck! The king lost his crown.
Who could have known it would all come to end?
So long, forever, my friend.

Thank you for providing us with such a great service, Peder.

[delete}

Sad. Never got whitelisted. Was so hopeful that this would be 'teh way of the future'.

Peder 🚀

Just pulled the plug, if you would like to download the files you had hosted on your agser.me service let me know and I'll provide you a zip download.
If anyone want their agser.me subdomain pointed to another server or website let me know and I can get that sorted out too!

Stupot

Hi Peder. I'm not sure what I had stored on there that I don't have backed up anyway, but I wouldnt mind that zip anyway, just to see if there are any surprises.

Thanks for that service. It was very kind of you. I kept intending to take more advantage but never really found a use.

Peder 🚀

Looks like you had a couple of games hosted on there, I'll get these added on "classic" AGSA tonight so you can update the AGS db to use those links instead.
I've pm-ed the link to your zip download!

If anyone else had games hosted on your agser.me hosting that now is broken, give me a shout and I'll have the game added to "classic" AGSA so the AGS db can be updated so downloads no longer are broken!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk