BACKGROUND BLITZ - Where's Jeff? (TROPHYS AVAILABLE)

Started by Frikker, Sat 14/05/2016 23:33:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

My vote goes to Grok also. Really lovely BG! (nod)

Runners up: Mandle, cause that would be an interesting idea for "hiding" hotspots, objects and characters... even though I would never be able to play that game, since I can't see these. (roll)(laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Danvzare

Quote from: Frikker on Sun 19/06/2016 01:50:39
So err... nobody voted :-[

Im going to extend the voting for a week then in the hope that we can get some votes for our great entrys. So voting will now end on Saturday 25th at 11.59pm GMT. Ill be away on holiday then but ill have my tablet with me to announce the winners :-D
We were supposed to vote?
You never told us!

Anyway, my vote goes to SinSin. :-D

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 19/06/2016 12:04:27
since I can't see these. (roll)(laugh)

All you really gotta do is find two points that look the same, usually about 2-3cms apart horizontally, and cross your eyes until they overlap, and then make your eyes pretend they are looking straight ahead...

It's kinda like when you're close to a wire fence and your brain gets confused over whether it's closer or further away than it really is because of the repeating pattern...

Cassiebsg

Oh, I know the theory, but 95% of the times I try, I just can't see it anyway. (roll)

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 19/06/2016 16:47:37
Oh, I know the theory, but 95% of the times I try, I just can't see it anyway. (roll)

Cassie is a cyclops: Confirmed!

Frikker

I changed the title to include "Voting" , and then updated the first post to include the voting rules and voting deadline. I assumed that would have bumped the thread up but maybe not? I also posted the comment about extending the competition deadline on the 18th so that had already bumped it up the night that the voting should have started. Nevermind , im new to all this :-D

As for voting rules, I posted the categories for votes on the first post with the rules, but if you guys just wanna vote for fave then its up to you.

Cassiebsg

Frikker, you should keep in mind that most of us, only read the last post (and no, updating/editing a post won't bump it nor will it show on the "new posts since you last visit" list), so it would have been a good idea to have also added the voting categories on your "bump: let's start voting now!" post. ;)

Here are them:
CONCEPT Mandle
PLAYABILITY Grok
ARTISTIC EXCECUTION Grok
WHO HID JEFF THE BEST AND GETS HALF HIS LOOT OR GOES MISSING UNDER SUSPICIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES MAYBE PROBABLY Mandle (not that I could find Jeff in Sinsin's either, but that's because I gave up even before I started. (laugh) ).

Mandle

Ahhhhhh...yeah I'd forgotten how the voting here works so:

Revoting:

CONCEPT: Sinsin
PLAYABILITY: Grok
ARTISTIC EXCECUTION: Grok
WHO HID JEFF THE BEST AND GETS HALF HIS LOOT OR GOES MISSING UNDER SUSPICIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES MAYBE PROBABLY: Sinsin

Danvzare

WHO HID JEFF THE BEST AND GETS HALF HIS LOOT OR GOES MISSING UNDER SUSPICIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES MAYBE PROBABLY: Mandle (I most certainly couldn't find him.)

Frikker

Ok sorry ,and Thanks CassieBsg for clearing it up. This is the first forum comp I have ran :-[

Grok

I too missed there were categories so here is my complete vote;

Concept: Mandle
Playability: SinSin
Artistic execution: SinSin
Best hiding: SinSin

Nice idea for a competition Frikker. Would have been nice with a couple of more entries, but there you go. What we did get was very different approaches to the task which is interesting.

:)

SinSin

My votes are as follows

Concept: Mandle
Playability: Grok
Artistic execution: Grok
Best hiding: Mandle
Currently working on a project!

Riaise

WHO HID JEFF THE BEST AND GETS HALF HIS LOOT OR GOES MISSING UNDER SUSPICIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES MAYBE PROBABLY: Mandle

Frikker

WELL DONE EVERYBODY!

A great competition and dammit I made a bronze 3rd place trophy for nothing.....

Im on holiday at the moment so Ill put up the silver and gold trophys when I get back but I can happily announce:

Joint 2nd place goes to Mandle and SinSin with their headache inducing , super tricky submissions
--INSERT SUPER AMAZING SOLID SILVER JEFF HEAD HERE--

But our winner is Grok with his artistically brilliant scene of Comic Sans Pedro/Paulo/some mexican name beginning with P lets not split hairs Mandle....
--INSERT SUPER AMAZING SOLID GOLD JEFF HEAD HERE--

So take it away Grok , oh and Jeff is on his way around to your house now With your bag of loot, which looks suspiciously big, empty, black and zips right along its length......

Grok

OK. I'll give this some thought and then come back with a topic for the next blitz. :)

Frikker

No worries, Im back from Holiday tomorrow so ill put your trophys up at the weekend . :)

Frikker

GROK , MANDLE AND SINSIN , here are your trophys as promised :) , let me know when you raed this and get them as I will mail them to you if not. Well done again!

GROK - 1st Place  :

SINSIN and MANDLE - Joint Second place :

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk