Projector Face - Now available on Steam!

Started by TurduckenMan, Thu 02/06/2016 19:11:27

Previous topic - Next topic

TurduckenMan

Projector Face is a point and click adventure game following the peculiar actions of a voiceless protagonist, trying to communicate in the only way he knows how. Solve a variety of puzzles and help Projector Face befriend the local kids by creating new things for them to play with and doing what you do best: playing movies on whatever surface you can find.

Featuring a beautiful art style, Projector Face is an interesting experience set in an odd town forgotten to time. Players will need to gather items needed to solve a variety of puzzles, as well as create and repair old film reels and the surfaces they can be projected onto. Put yourself in the shoes of a misunderstood creature, and discover the odd world of Projector Face.

Game Features:

- Repair old films found throughout the town
- Mouse-only controls
- Interact with, pick up, and combine items to solve various puzzles throughout the game
- 100% hand drawn characters and environments
- "Silent Film" style narration

http://store.steampowered.com/app/431850

Projector Face was created on and off over the course of 7-8 months. I'd like to mention that the animations seem to be low frame numbers, and I want to be clear that this was an intentional decision: based off of budget woes and team size. We decided having consistent, low frame count animations would be more reliable than some animations that were higher quality than others.

I also want to give a very huge thanks to the people of these forums, for being hands down the nicest and most helpful online community I've ever had the pleasure to work with. I look forward to beginning another project with this program in the future. I hope you all enjoy the game, a lot of love went into it from myself, the other developer, and the insanely talented artists.

CaptainD

Grats on the release, I really love the idea behind your game.

Frodo

Looks a great game.  :smiley:

But your link is for steam - do you have any plans for a DRM-free release? 

TurduckenMan

Unfortunately the company I was working for during the game's creation own the rights to it, so any alternate plans for release are entirely up to them.

Frodo

Cassiebsg

Congrats on the release. Still looks lovely. :-D (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

no_rhythm

Quote from: Frodo on Thu 02/06/2016 23:39:07
Looks a great game.  :smiley:

But your link is for steam - do you have any plans for a DRM-free release?

Hey,

I work at Fluik Entertainment/helped on Projector Face and could push for a DRM-free version.  Historically the company has been exclusively Android/iOS so we're pretty new at this. Where would you suggest we sell DRM-free copies?  And may I ask what your aversion is to Steam (My own curiosity)?  I don't have the authority to make final decisions but I just had a conversation about selling copies through itchio and GOG that went well.  I'm eager to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!

TurduckenMan

Hey everyone! Just so you're all aware, Projector Face is currently 50 percent off for the Steam Summer Sale. Now's your chance to grab it if you haven't already! :)

Nixxon

Just picked this up on Steam. Can't wait to give it a whirl. :D It looks right up my alley.

Nixxon

Beautiful game. Love the atmosphere, graphics, ambient sounds :)

I'm stuck already though :(

Spoiler
I've got two pieces of film, The maul & the type writer key. I'm at my wits ends, I'm positive I've tried every item on every hotspot ;)
[close]

ThreeOhFour

Aw, what a nice game! I had to do a bit of guessing at some of the puzzles, but felt they were mostly pretty well done. Great background art, and a nice idea for a story (which made me laugh at the poor guy's confusion). :smiley:

Nixxon:

Spoiler
Have you opened the safe? The clue you need is on the second screen!
[close]

Nixxon

Thanks TheeOhFour!

Just finished it. Wonderful game, thoroughly enjoyed that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk