MAGGIES 2015: OI! GET VOTING (til March 15)

Started by Stupot, Fri 15/01/2016 10:50:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

Another year, another set of engine-breaking, genre-busting, mind-bending interactive experiences, along with some good old-fashioned point and clicks.

Each month you have voted for your favourites. Now it is time to determine the best of the best for 2015.

January
"Aftermath"
Mess
Goblins

by Dropped Monocle Games
February
"Losing Something"
Scenario
2B

by Hobo
March
"Monsters"
Aractaur
by Xil
April
"Sleeping" (joint)
Somnamulizer:
Tales from Olympus U

by Eggie

Power
Nap

by Stupot
May - no entries     
June
"Television"
Feng
Shui and the Art of TV Reception

by Mandle
July
"Hendrix"
The
Jimi Hendix Case

by Gurok and CatPunter
August
"It's Summer!" (joint)
Bitstream
by Chicky

All
Gone Soon 2

by vertigoaddict
September
"Stephen King"
Matilda
and the Curse of King Stephen

by Grok
October - no contest
November
"There be monsters"
Freak
Chic

by La Tasse Bleue
December
"Depleted"
U-Ropa
by Atavismus, Hobo, Jonas, Peder
Click on the game titles to download each game or download a zip containing all the games HERE

VOTING
Play as many games as you can (preferably all of them).
Voting will end on March 15th (subject to change)

How to vote:
1) Decide on your three favourite games and assign them a position, 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
2) Send a PM with the subject 'MAGGIES' to the MAGS Host account (by clicking HERE).
3) Your chosen games will receive 5, 3 or 1 point depending on the position you gave them.
4) When voting closes, all points will be tallied. The winner will (hopefully) be announced at the AGS Awards.

Now go off and play, little darlings, and feel free to use this thread to discuss the pros and cons of this year's entries.

Also use this thread to discuss any other MAGS entries last year that you feel deserve a special mention.

:-)

Mandle

I'm just proud all over to actually have one of my own games compete against so many stellar games...I'm pretty sure I know my vote, but there are a few I haven't played yet...

Oh...and if anyone gets a bit stuck in my game "Feng Shui And The Art Of TV Reception":

Just check out the RELEASE THREAD here and in the first post you will find a gameplay advice README, a SPOILER HINTS manual(with hidden sections to reveal only what you really need to know), and a complete LETSPLAY on YouTube by the amazing Bulbapuck...

cat

I'm a bit confused by which criteria the games here were chosen - for some month it seems to be only one entry and for others there is more? Or was this a tie in the voting?

Stupot

Yeah, it's the winners of each month competing against each other. There were two months where the votes were tied (for example myself and Eggie tied for the 'sleeping' MAGS) so both games are entered here. There were also two months where there were no entries so we end up with a nice round 12 anyway :-)

Cassiebsg

Ah, I see I was in limbo during some months. Some games i need to play right now! (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Stupot

Bumping this a day early to announce that:

VOTING IS OFFICIALLY OPEN!

Please see the top post for all the eligible games (and a .zip containing all of them) and how to vote. In a nutshell, PM the MAGS HOST account with the subject MAGGIES and list your top three in order of preference.

I received one early set of votes already which I'll accept because they are from someone who I know plays all the MAGS games pretty much every month.

Voting runs until March 15th to give people plenty of time to try all the games, and hopefully be in time for the AGS Awards (if that is even going ahead).

Now go! Play!

Stupot

About a month to go on this.
So far only two sets of votes have been received.
Don't let the 'play every game' clause stop you from voting if you are busy. I just wanted to encourage everyone to get in the MAGGIES mood and try some of the games that you haven't played yet if you can.

Also does anyone have any ideas for some 'honorable mentions', any games which were cool but didn't win their respective contest?

Stupot

Any more for any more? 2 weeks and a bit left.
So far only 4 people have cast their votes (5 if you include mine, which I'm about to submit now).

Stupot

Just a few days left to vote for your top three MAGS games of last year.
Thanks to those who have taken the time to cast your votes so far. There is by no means a clear winner yet, so any new votes will definitely matter.

Stupot

Last call for MAGGIES votes. If you don't, Trump will win :-\

Okay. Voting is over. I can tell you it is veeeereery close at the top.
Winners will be announced as part of the AGS ceremony, whenever that is.

Thanks to those who took the time to vote.

Stupot

Just to put a lid on this, the winner of MAGGIES 2015 has been announced:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=53636.msg636537525#msg636537525

Thanks to everyone who made a game in 2015, and for voting and for your patience in the lead-up to the awards.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk