Colour Clash

Started by CaptainD, Thu 23/06/2016 21:13:08

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

I made this little puzzle game to help teach myself AGS scripting.  I'm not going to take it any further now so publishing it - all you have to do is rotate through the colours (LMB) and ensure that there are no repeated colours in any vertical or horizontal line.  Takes a little bit of doing on the biggest grid. 

(4 grid sizes - the smallest is ridiculously easy, I did that just as proof of concept so I knew my basic idea would work, but I'd be very impressed if anyone can beat the largest grid in under 10 minutes first time round.)

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2068/

(rats it's somehow gone on twice, at http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2069/ too, could someone delete the latter please and let me know so I can remove this message?  Thanks!)

Slasher

Gonna give this a go... well, at least try (laugh)

Congrats Capt.....

Danvzare

Fun concepts, although I find the rules a little hard to grasp.

Also I think I encountered a bug. The first large grid I generated had a white square, which I couldn't change the colour of.

CaptainD

Quote from: Danvzare on Fri 24/06/2016 09:38:50
Fun concepts, although I find the rules a little hard to grasp.

Each square's colour can be changed by clicking the left mouse button.  In every line across and down, you are not allowed to have a repeated colour.  I hope that makes sense now?  Maybe I got so used to it that I haven't explained it very well!

Quote from: Danvzare on Fri 24/06/2016 09:38:50
Also I think I encountered a bug. The first large grid I generated had a white square, which I couldn't change the colour of.

Ah man I was sure that bug had gone for good!  I did encounter it once or twice early on in development, thought I'd fixed it and have never seen it again.  Sorry!  If that happens you'll just have to go back to the menu and try again, it shouldn't happen and at this stage I don't know why it does. :-[

Cassiebsg

Sounds like my kind of game, a coloured Sodoku! :-D
Unfortunately, I can't download it. :~(
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

CaptainD

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 24/06/2016 18:57:51
Sounds like my kind of game, a coloured Sodoku! :-D
Unfortunately, I can't download it. :~(

Now you can!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zxe7tzs9ds2q9kj/Colour%20Clash.zip?dl=0

"Sudoku with colours" was exactly my idea for this game. :grin:

Cassiebsg

Thanks, downloaded, tried it, failed... and realize now it's only lines and columns, not diagonals... (roll)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

selmiak

funny game. It could do good with some nice and mellow music.
But why do I get such a deja vu from the game, did you send me an earlier version sometime before or is this a remake of an older game from you???

CaptainD

Quote from: selmiak on Mon 27/06/2016 10:23:14
funny game. It could do good with some nice and mellow music.
But why do I get such a deja vu from the game, did you send me an earlier version sometime before or is this a remake of an older game from you???

Yeah if I update it I will definitely add music.

I sent you an early version (not that much has really changed) when we were chatting on Skype a few months ago.  Your memory is correct! :-D

CaptainD

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 24/06/2016 21:59:42
Thanks, downloaded, tried it, failed... and realize now it's only lines and columns, not diagonals... (roll)

No though maybe that could be an extra difficulty level in the future?! ;-D

AnasAbdin

Fun game could be a great idea for a mini game in an adventure game ;-D

Quote from: CaptainD on Mon 27/06/2016 11:47:00
No though maybe that could be an extra difficulty level in the future?! ;-D

Next difficulty level: Make the grid the same size as the user's screen resolution with each square 1x1 pixel (laugh)

Danvzare

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Mon 27/06/2016 23:43:19
Next difficulty level: Make the grid the same size as the user's screen resolution with each square 1x1 pixel (laugh)
Then sell the game with a promise of a million pounds (or dollars if you prefer) to whoever can solve it.
Trust me, it will sell, and you'll never have to pay anyone any money. :-D
Unless someone uses a program to solve it I guess. :-\

CaptainD

Well it's not quite in the same league as your suggestions but I have very nearly got the 7x7 grid working, and if you'd like to pay me for it I'd happily let you! ;-D :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk