Unforeseen Incidents - Out Now!

Started by Ali, Tue 28/06/2016 12:41:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Hello! Apologies for the slightly spammy post, but a game I'm working on is on Greenlight, and I think you might be interested in checking it out.

Unforeseen Incidents is a conspiracy mystery with a subtly black sense of humour. It's being developed by a team called Backwoods Entertainment, and published by Application Systems Heidelberg (who published my game Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet).

The game follows small-town handyman Harper Pendrell as he's drawn into a mystery involving a cryptic radio signal, a deadly disease and a fanatical cult. Armed with nothing more than his trusty multi-tool, can Harper get to the bottom of the conspiracy?

I'm working with Marcus (the designer) on the English language script. But since it isn't my project I can shamelessly say that I really love the game. I think it has great characters and fantastic artwork, and hopefully people are really going to enjoy it. So if you like the look of it...

Please vote for Unforeseen Incidents on Steam Greenlight!

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

CaptainD

Ali

I hasten to add that the lovely art (seriously, check out the detail at full-size!) is totally NOT drawn by me. There's more info about the artists Matthias and Sebastian on the Backwoods Blog.

Mandle

Blondbraid

Just voted on greenlight, this game is so beautiful!

Mathias

selmiak

this is looking great! But I can't wait for 2017. Finish it NOW! :-D

KyriakosCH

Looks nice! The trailer on greenlight is very atmospheric...

Good luck with the game!!!
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

ASHGAMES

Quote from: selmiak on Tue 28/06/2016 17:28:45
this is looking great! But I can't wait for 2017. Finish it NOW! :-D

Just a reminder: It is 2017 now and will probably be two more months until it is finished.
It is showing at gamescom 2017 in the Indie Arena booth Hall 10, booth A020 - just in case anyone is attending.

Volker

Mandle

i so want to play this.... The art is hypnotising!!!

Lindustad

Dude this is one of the most satisfying art styles for a video game I've seen recently.

NickyNyce

Probably my favorite adventure game art style. Awesome!

It reminds me a bit of my favorite hidden picture in the newspaper. The artist is Rigby. I grew up looking for the face and the dog in all his pictures. Cant remember if it was the post or daily news though.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rigby+hidden+pictures&client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us&source=android-browser&prmd=isvn&source=lnmsbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi_jbuMjeTVAhVGeCYKHdH8BYIQ_AUICSgB&biw=360&bih=564#imgdii=6e0x2n90ifUvtM:&imgrc=8p_9qsf_nxxW1M:

Frodo

The game looks really great!  :grin:

Will we be seeing a DRM-free release, or is it steam-only?

Mr Underhill

As I've said in other places, ace trailer. Really looking forward to it, and it's my one AdvX regret not talking to the creators or checking it out. Pumped!

Ali

Quote from: Frodo on Sat 14/04/2018 16:16:49
Will we be seeing a DRM-free release, or is it steam-only?

I hope it'll go to GOG, but the publishers will also sell it direct from their website (there will probably be serial number number copy protection, but not intrusive DRM).

Snarky

Could you please ensure that copy-pasting in the serial number works properly this time around? That was a massive frustration with Nelly Cootalot 2, when it kept telling me the number was invalid until I retyped it character by character.

Ali

I hope and believe that the serial number issue is fixed now. The game came out on Thursday and (so far) I haven't heard about any issues. I worked on the English dialogue, so I'm not objective. But I honestly really like this game.

Adventure Gamers gave it 4/5: "Excellent visual, audio, and puzzle presentation."

And Rock, Paper, Shotgun liked it too much, frankly: "a sharp, smart, witty and superbly constructed adventure, with stellar voice acting, superb music, and some of the most splendid hand-drawn art I've seen in forever."

If you like it, tell your friends. If you don't like it, tell your enemies.

Buy it on GOG
Buy it on Steam
Other Stores

Snarky

Well, I preordered it, and while I still dislike ASH's ordering system (it drops into German partway through the process, didn't send me a confirmation mail until the game was actually released, and required several seemingly unnecessary hoops to actually access the game), and chose a Steam code to avoid the whole serial/activation code issue, I'm excited to play it!

Ali

It is on GOG, I'm delighted to say.

Theme

Matti

A friend just saw a tv advertisement for the game in a subway train here in Berlin :)

The game looks really good. I'm not really into that kind of comic art, but I think it's exceptionally well done in your game and I especially like the parallaxing landscape/city scenes. The reviews I read sounded very promising too, nice work!

Blondbraid

Congrats to the release, this game looks beautiful, I'll be keeping an eye on it for when I have more time to spare!

teemue

This is SICK! Will try to give it a go soon!
Director at Nopia animation

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk