Started by Stupot, Fri 01/07/2016 01:19:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

Voting has finished and the results are as follows:

• Valhalla Extinction by grok - 0 votes
• The Awakening by Luisdementia - 1 vote
• Predators Pray for Plants by Mandle - 2 votes
• GNRBLEX by WHAM - 9 votes

Well done WHAM. Victory is yours! You will be contacted soon about choosing a topic for September.

Thanks to all the participants and voters.

Valhalla Extinction by Grok
GNRBLEX by WHAM
Predators Prey For Plants by Mandle
The Awakening by Luisdementia

Click on the game title to download.

Voting

CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR VOTE
Send the title of your favourite game under the subject MAGS JULY

Remember:
* try all the games before you vote
* vote only once
* vote for your favourite
* don't forget to leave a comment and rating in the AGS database

Voting Ends: August 14th

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic: Extinction
This month's guidelines were set by Cassiebsg

Rules: Needs to be adventure game dealing with the theme Extinction (just mentioning that the dinosaurs have been extinct for many year ago and then do something else as main theme, does not count!) Other than that, no other rule and you're free to do what ever comes to mind. It can be about past, present or future; animal or vegetable; on earth or on another galaxy! You decide!

Ending:  July 31st

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What is MAGS?

Started in 2001, MAGS is a competition for amateur adventure game makers. The idea is to create a game in under a month, following the rules set by the previous winner. It aims to help you work to a deadline, improve your skills, and provide a kick-start into making adventure games. Regardless of skill, MAGS is for everyone. Voting is based on "favorite" games, and not the most artistic, or the best coded. If you have bad art skills, use it as a chance to do some graphic work. If you're sub-standard at coding, use it as a chance to give scripting a go. Ultimately, people will vote for the most enjoyable entry.

Rules

• You may work in a team to produce an entry.
• You are not allowed to use any material created before the competition. Your game must be completely new! An exception is music and sound; you can use any audio that is freely available to the public.
• Any modules and templates featured in this board are also allowed.

Entering MAGS is simple. First, conceptualise your game following the month's criteria (see top). Second, create your game fueled only by coffee. Finally, post your game in this thread, including:

âÅ"“ A working download link
âÅ"“ The title of your game
âÅ"“ A suitable in-game screenshot

At the end of the month, voting will begin, usually lasting for fifteen days. The winner chooses the next month's theme, and their name and game is immortalised in the MAGS Archive. For more information, please visit the Official MAGS website.

Grok

I think I'll give this one a shot :)

luisdementia

I am an aspiring AGS game writer, and I think MAGS would be a nice place to start.

If anyone likes the idea of a team up, we can discuss it by PM! Take care :)

WHAM

I have an idea brewing, but I will be flying out to Germany for 9 days towards the end of the month, so no promises. I'll see if I can get a working prototype up in a couple of days and go from there.

Will anyone be surprised if I say my game might take place on a space station? No? Okay then... :D
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

CaptainD

Don't think I have time for this one but am interested to see what people do with the theme.

Stupot

Welcome Luis. Hope you find a teammate :-)

Blimey Grok. You are reaching Slasher levels of prolificity.

CaptainD

Posting simply to commend Stupot+ for his use of the word "prolificity" :grin:

Mandle

Posting simply to comment on Stupot's use of the word "prolificty":

Spoiler
[close]

:grin:

Mandle

And now double posting to say that I'm probably entering...

I have a game concept and have opened AGS and plugged in my first assests so I know I probably can't let go of the idea now...

DAMNIT!!!

CaesarCub

I'm toying around with an idea for this. I hope I manage to have it in some finished state before the competition ends.

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/BWLRmC9.png[/imgzoom]

I know, probably not the most original place to go.
(Also I couldn't resist to try working on the glorious C64 palette)

WHAM

Project is slowly shaping up. Here, meet the Gnrblexian mind-maggot!

Poor fella is nearly extinct. Only two specimens left in the UNIVERSE! We'd better help him soon!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Dancing Cyborg

Hello everyone,

i'm still reading tutorials and this is my first post. Also English isn't my first language so please excuse any mistakes...
My game will take place on a space station too(WHAM i hope you don't mind...)

Here's some concept art i've been working on. I've finished the character's walking sprites too.

[imgzoom]http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af182/soreptor/a_zpsbiyiceev.png[/imgzoom]
So, good luck to you all. I hope i make it time.:)

Run, Run, Run, Up

Stupot

Cracking first post, DC. Welcome to MAGS (nod)

Cassiebsg

Space! My favourite theme! :-D

Welcome aboard! ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

WHAM

Goddammit, Dancing Cyborg, there goes my Completely Original Idea! :D

I've got my main gameplay mechanics in place, but the game still needs some more backgrounds and is missing puzzles.
Will try and double-time it to finish by the 20th.

Slasher

Sounds like some great games waiting to be unleashed on the public (laugh)

Good everyone.....

WHAM

Posting more stuff, mostly to motivate myself. Game still needs 2 more backgrounds and some UI graphics, but other than that the thing is visually mostly complete.
Now to struggle with feature creep so I can actually finish this thing in time!

Also: if you are interested in playtesting this when it is closer to completion then drop me a PM.

Mandle

I started on my project today after a week of thinking about the game mechanics whenever I had the free time...

It's a great alternative to counting sheep and rather appropriate as the game itself will most likely bore the average player to sleep...

So...what I managed to do on my first outing was recreate MS Paint in AGS...Which is pretty awesome...Right?

It even has 8 different brush sizes and a pallette of 4 colours!!!

Well...Here's a screenie of what I wrote in realtime in the game...Amazingly the drawing feature works flawlessly...

But...so far at least:

Spoiler
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk