Sprite Jam THE TIME TRAVELLERS (The Results )

Started by SinSin, Fri 01/07/2016 18:13:00

Previous topic - Next topic

SinSin

THE TIME TRAVELLERS

For this sprite jam you must create a time traveller.. AND his/her/its method of transportation using the following constraints.

- The sprites must contain no more than 24 colours, 3D models are allowed, so long as the texture map contains no more than 24 colours.
- The sprite must be AGS Ready!
- BEWARE Think outside the box for this one as ANYONE SUBMITTING AN UNORIGINAL CHARACTER WILL LOSE HALF OF THEIR VOTES!!! 
I kid, I kid

Winners will receive one of the following trophies!

EXTRA CREDIT!!   Animate your entry for this trophy!
Currently working on a project!

Grok

He came, took one look at us ... and went back.

CaesarCub

This is Bob the time traveller and his time travelling penny farthing bicycle.
Somehow he always manages to be late all the time.

Mandle

Caesercub!!!

That pixel art is unbelievable!!!

You are quite the mystery though:

Date Registered: 29 Jun 2016, 17:38

You joined AGS forums a few days ago, you have made two posts and both were amazingly slick artworks...

I guess this is prying a bit but I'm just soooo curious:

Who the heck are you? What is your story? What is your background in games?

I get a serious vibe of a professional games graphics artist/game developer from your pictures...

Are you perhaps an old AGSer returned under a new name?!

Only answer if you want to of course, or just tell me "none of your business"...that's cool too! (laugh)

EDIT: And what is also eerie is that on your profile your last active time is the exact time I first posted this: 1:01

Are you....a time traveller yourself?!

Are you....me....from some future where I got really amazing at pixel art?! (laugh)

CaesarCub

Thanks for the praise.

I have been lurking the AGS forums for... well, forever, but I never got around registering.
My background is quite mixed, but I have had some training in programming and art.
The main reason why I haven't posted my stuff here before is because the things I have created are pretty adult oriented, so it always felt a little out of place to show that kind of stuff around a public forum.

I don't mind talking more in detail or posting some of my stuff, but I don't think this is the right thread for that.
I guess I'll post some better introduction on the newbies thread to satisfy your curiosity then.

Mandle

Awwwww...so I don't get amazing at pixel art?! Or uncover some deep, dark secret identity?!

Cheers for the friendly response to what were some pretty prying questions from out of the blue!

And welcome to the community!!! I'm sure AGS forums can only benefit from someone with your skill level!

I can't wait to see any projects you either author, or work on!

INSTANT FAN!

DBoyWheeler

Quote from: CaesarCub on Sun 03/07/2016 00:53:39
This is Bob the time traveller and his time travelling penny farthing bicycle.
Somehow he always manages to be late all the time.

DAYUM!  You'll be one hard act to follow!

Edited by mod: Please do not quote a whole post together with all its images.

SinSin

Nice work people but let's have some more entries.  :-D

Trophies update 

Blondbraid

The ability to travel in time is one of vast and immense power,
the power to rewrite history and evolution as we know it, remake every wrong decision and correct every mistake,
changing the future of us all by altering the past. For this reason it is of the uttermost and urgent importance that
this power at any cost is kept from the hands of the wrong persons...

Persons like this guy for example.

Mad

Mandle

Quote from: Mad on Fri 08/07/2016 15:53:31
A bit of a cliché, but it's all I've got...

It's still incredibly gorgeous!!! (and I mean the art, not the lady...well, she ain't bad either...)

But yeah, I kinda feel where you're coming from:

I wish someone would come up with something totally mind-blowingly original...

Like: A freakin' Viking riding a T-Rex while firing a laser blaster...or something like that anyways!

Too much to ask for probably...

Amayirot Akago

Even that's not entirely original anymore, just look at Kung Fury ;)

Nevertheless loving the entries so far, guys :)
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

selmiak

Blondbraid

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Fri 08/07/2016 19:02:30
Even that's not entirely original anymore, just look at Kung Fury ;)
You got me there! Kung Fury is objectively speaking, the coolest movie ever filmed. 8-)

Nevertheless I have tried to depict my character as a fleshed out and complex character,
and while I wanted to show my character as a warrior first and foremost with the big laser gun he is firing into the air,
I also wanted to show that he has a sensitive side and is like, in touch with nature by riding on a huge tyrannosaurus.
I also gave him a viking helmet, which symbolizes being a viking.

Grok

I've added an animation of the character warping in and out of time.

SinSin

Right it seems like there will be no more entries here so I am happy to commence voting unless anyone is working so a sprite.

Misj'

Quote from: SinSin on Tue 19/07/2016 22:40:04Right it seems like there will be no more entries here so I am happy to commence voting unless anyone is working so a sprite.
I know time-travel and dates don't really work together, but I'm pretty sure I had until the 21st...But you can always disqualify me for breaking the first rule in Time Travel: Never be late, not even if the world is too early (ask Bob and his time travelling penny farthing bicycle...he knows what I'm talking about, am I right Bob?)

-- and a bigger version of the sprite --
Spoiler
[close]

Reginald, time traveler, thief (because why else do you need a TT-device?), rogue, charmer, possibly immortal...probably not, but he hasn't died yet, so who knows. There are plenty who want to test the theory with a jab, shot, dart, sword, axe, or anything else really.

He could have done with some more shading, but, yeah, time...

SinSin

Wonderful entries here..  Any more??
Gonna leave this open until 21st July 11pm BST..
Misj get him shaded if you can by all means. :-D

Blondbraid

Wow, Misj', Reginald looks absolutely awesome! 8-0

SinSin

Right People get voting !!   
voting ends on 30th.

Step one, decide favourite sprite
   Step two, cast vote
       Step three, GET OUT OF THIS FORUM

Lets get cracking!!
By Grok