Icey Games Reborn

Started by Icey, Sun 08/05/2016 05:40:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Phemar

Those are some pretty nice animations dude, good job!

My only criticism would be on the first animation (walking south) - it seems like his head was just pasted on his body. I think a solution would be to have his head rotate ever so slightly as he's running, from left to right.

Otherwise, great stuff man, looks good.

Andail

If we're doing c&c on your art, Icey, is there a reason you're not posting this in critics lounge?

Danvzare

Quote from: Andail on Thu 14/09/2017 08:59:43
If we're doing c&c on your art, Icey, is there a reason you're not posting this in critics lounge?
Because it's an Icey tradition to post in the wrong subforum. (laugh)

In all seriousness though, I'm not sure why this is in general discussion. Wouldn't it be better in either the Critics' Lounge or AGS Games in Production subforums?

Ben X

Icey didn't ask for criticism! It's a weird quirk of AGS mods to tell people off for receiving unrequested criticism (which is bound to happen), unless it's purely complimentary because for some reason that's fine.

And iirc this topic's creation and location was mod-approved because Icey posting a ton of stuff all over the place was getting too messy.

Icey

Hey you guys, while I do appreciate and value feedback I want to agree I typically only post here on the forums because it not only helps keeps this thread alive in the long run like the previous one but I simply like to keep everything [general-deemed] in one place unless I'm looking for something specific. If I require feedback for something then I'll post in the c&c or if I'm looking to recruit for a project then I'll go to the forum for that. But if I post here I do so with the thought of sharing updates and engaging in discussion, which feed can be apart of and I'm more than happy to discuss that as well here.

As for the animation, thank you. Eventually I'm sure I will possibly look into making the front view head less static looking. The reason it reads like this is because the front hair...side...thingies that he has (I'm drawing a blank) don't sway like the hair. Hopefully it's just really noticeable in the front view because that means that all I have to do is work on fixing up those and it will be solid less stiff looking.

Andail

Quote from: Ben X on Thu 14/09/2017 18:59:25
Icey didn't ask for criticism! It's a weird quirk of AGS mods to tell people off for receiving unrequested criticism (which is bound to happen), unless it's purely complimentary because for some reason that's fine.

And iirc this topic's creation and location was mod-approved because Icey posting a ton of stuff all over the place was getting too messy.

That wasn't me telling someone off, that was me asking, pretty politely, a question. I for one would like to see more activity in the critics lounge, and considering how this is basically a thread all about showcasing art and receiving feedback on it, it seemed like a rather sensible question.

Sorry for reminding people that we have specific forums for specific things.

Ben X

Just stumbled upon this game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/553640/ICEY/
(It's currently in a generous deal bundled with the Steam Link at the mo: http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/5025/ICEY__Steam_Link_Bundle/)

It's an anime fighting game called ICEY! You may have to rebrand your studio name to avoid confusion...

Babar

You saying that's NOT by Icey?! But it was on my wishlist and everything!
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

MiteWiseacreLives!

Time to lawyer-up Icey! Crush them for this offence! Infidels!  >:(

Icey

I'm aware of the game ICEY and it's funny because most of the time when I bring up ICEY Games people ask if I made that game. I don't have too much care for it probably won't ever will but it seems like a neat game :)

First things first, Happy New Year everyone!

I wish I had more of the game to show off (Yes I am definitely still working on the game) but I don't as of right now. I said before that I was looking into revamping the game but I've gone the extra mile I plan to take that further than what I previously wanted to do. I've hired a background artist to help me out with backgrounds. Here are 2 of the ones he did so far:

My music guy is helping me still not only with the games creative and fitting OST but also sfx for the game. I'm looking to hopefully getting a demo compiled soon but that will come when it's ready. I just wanted to kick the year off right by saying hi and giving a little update. I really want to try to be more active with post here again so expects some more updates hopefully soon.

Ben X

Hope you don't mind me asking, but what kind of payment deal have you got with your art/music people? A set amount on delivery, or a cut of the gross/net profit, or something else?

I understand if you don't want to divulge, I'm just curious.

Icey

I don't mind answering. For my composer, I set amount I need to pay him this year that we will use a kickstart to pay for. My background artist I have been paying him out of my pocket to get this first few background completed so not only a set style could be set but also so development could move forward and demo could be made to start showing off testing the game. :)

Icey

No problemo, dude!  :cheesy:

Now while I'm here, can anyone tell what's the deal with why my damn profile icons won't set? XD

Gilbert

About your avatar, try changing "https" in the link to "http". Someone just asked this recently but I couldn't find the thread.

Icey

Thanks guys! I freaking tried a few different sites and got the same results and then just said screw it haha.

Khris

The site doesn't matter; the problem is that the forum software considers URLs that don't start with http:// as invalid. I mentioned this months ago and AGA tried to fix it but failed.

Icey

That's interesting. I have noticed this to be a problem in the past with profile pics (and I think youtube embeds) but didn't think it was the forums itself.

Gilbert

Quote from: Cl... on Wed 03/01/2018 02:19:56
Here you go:
Oh the thread was locked, so it's no longer on the 1st page of the section.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk