Icey Games Reborn

Started by Icey, Sun 08/05/2016 05:40:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Icey

Hey everyone, I have posted here in almost 3 months. If you don't know I had a OSD3 GiP post up but I'm not a big fan of how things work in that section of the forums so I rather return here to continue any announcements I have about that game, oh and the first announcement for that game is that it's Dead. Yep, completely dead  :~(

However, from it's ashes comes Warrior of Light / [T L W 3], which brings a few additions/changes to the games original files. The biggest thing to note is the upgrade count of enemies to appear in the game which jumped from 7 to 31 which includes the addition of 6 new boss battles of the game because after having some people play the game I was told that I should try to adjust or add some things to spice up the games and 2 of the things were Bosses and more enemies.

Albeit it will take me a lengthy bit of time to go back in there and code them and the new VFX(coming soon) into the battle system which thankfully isn't that messy but I'm sure it could be better.

Nonetheless, here's a batch of the new enemies added to the game. Enjoy!  ;)

Danvzare

Wow, that's some brilliant art, and very interesting designs.

My favorite is that thing with it's mouth wide open, that looks like it's both scratching its arm and covering itself, because it realizes it's naked.

straydogstrut

Looking great Icey!

I particularly like the white faced guy with the disintegrating arms and the pot-bellied fire breathing creature (laugh)

dactylopus

Why is this no longer OSD3, and what does TLW3 stand for?

I really do love the art, and the game sounds like it will be fantastic.  Keep it up!

Icey

Thanks you guys, the name of the game changed due to me wanting release the game and sale it. But I can't do that with OSD. I actually have a finished version of OSD3 with all the changes but I'll never release it because I can't find good royalty free music, I can't find someone to help with thw music for free, and I don't want to release anymorr games with copyrighted music.

I found someone to help with the games OST but they are charging me so much money that I could never give this game out for free let alone a lesser version. As for the title, I don't want search engines to link back to this thread if I give the full title for legal reasons. So I'm just gonna call it TLW3 for now.

Andail

I've had my doubts regarding your games, Icey, but a lot of that art is actually really good. Great improvement.

Icey

Hopefully when it's finished I can put some of the doubts to rest with what I'm hoping is at the very least a nice experience in a long line of Icey Games, Games that could only dream to offer anything other than failed expectations and incompleteness.

But I digress, thank you Andrail. :)

CaptainD

Quote from: icey games on Sun 08/05/2016 14:59:21
Thanks you guys, the name of the game changed due to me wanting release the game and sale it. But I can't do that with OSD. I actually have a finished version of OSD3 with all the changes but I'll never release it because I can't find good royalty free music, I can't find someone to help with thw music for free, and I don't want to release anymorr games with copyrighted music.

TBH I find this difficult to believe, there's plenty of good quality royalty-free music around.  Have you tried this guy's?
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=53138.0

Icey

It's not that I'm denying the presence of good quality royalty free music but rather I truly suck I finding said music or even ones that I don't have to pay for. It's hard to find 26 royalty free songs that can replace the songs that I use from Final Fantasy,Kingdom Hearts,etc (for the sake of testing purposes). Not because of the quality or anything but because those songs were picked because it helped bring scenes, battles, adventuring moments to life because it was songs that fit perfectly. Those songs are in the reference list for the games OST that I have handed off to the composers on my team to help them get a sense of the songs that I'm looking for but that's about all they are used for.

But I'll check out the link and see what I can find if I can gather stuff the necessary amount of songs then I'll consider releasing OSD3 on to the forums. ;)

Icey

I've put together a chart of abilities for the new bad guys, I've counted and there is about 38 new spell VFX that need to be created...HOWEVER, I am determined to get them done...and imported, tested, implemented into the battle system,etc...okay, one thing at a time hahah.
Well, here is the list.

Icey

Finished 14 VFX so far, 20 more to go. These things are pretty harder to accomplish than I though but they seem to be coming along well. They're of course not the best but so far so good I always say. Pushing to get the next 20 done by the end of the month.

Adeel

Looks quite neat, Icey. Keep up the good work!

Icey

Thanks mate, more to come soon.

CaptainD

This thread is over 4 years old.  You just keep going, you never quit - you have no idea how much I hope you make it mate, I find your determination quite inspirational.

Adeel

Quote from: CaptainD on Fri 10/06/2016 21:32:27
This thread is over 4 years old.  You just keep going, you never quit - you have no idea how much I hope you make it mate, I find your determination quite inspirational.
I couldn't have said it better myself!

Icey

Thanks you guys, and woah! It really has been a long time, This thread has seen a bunch of games and bunch of people come and go. But This game will definitely be the one to beat the past one. And a big shout out to those that have stuck around until now to keep up with what I post and stop by to say nice things. It's little things like that, that keep me going toward my goals :)

Icey

Hey peeps, I've kept to my word and I was able to get the last effects for the game finished. Again, some look better than others and I mean even though that is the results of pushing yourself to complete something really taxing in less than a month I'm still really happy with the way everything came out and that I was able to complete it all.

Next thing up is to back everything up, start adding the new enemies and attacks to the game and test out everything. But I'm taking a god damn break hahah this stuff is draining. I'm gonna spend a couple of weeks away from heavy work and just probably draw a few promo pictures for the game and help get the word around.

We also have aboard a few new people that will be helping out with the games Sound track and the games Sound effects which is a big deal that will cost a lot in the end but I'm pushing to make sure this game is finalized correctly. Check out the games battle theme here:
[embed=425,349]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QkgZNVGu2vY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]

selmiak

This looks cool! Especially that eclipse shooting the earth. Though I don't get the cut in this animation, or how the camera is faster than that energyball. If you are going full on destruction course add a close up of the energyball pulsating in midair before hitting that earth planet.
That hand looks boring though, animate it man.

keep it up icey!
jfmoci, is all this still happening in AGS?

Icey

Thanks Selmiak! Eclipse is my favorite and while I would like to go back and edit it considering I lost the timeline frames in Photoshop which is where I handle all the animations. But I do have an idea of a work around edit and I might give that a try.
And the hand....sorta animates lol I just used a still in that gif.

OH and yes, this is all still happening in AGS. When the game is done I will look into pushing the assets and stuff into another engine. Most likely Unity.

Icey

The last two spells made for the game. More updates to come towards the end of the month.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk