GNRBLEX

Started by WHAM, Tue 19/07/2016 07:05:43

Previous topic - Next topic

WHAM

16th Aug 2016
GNRBLEX has been declared winner of MAGS for July 2016!
Thank you to all who played the game!

Can YOU stop the extinction of Gnrblexian mind-maggot?

Probably not, at least not right away, but you sure are welcome to try!

In this game you play as Terry, as he tries to save the Gnrblexian mind maggot (a pink, fleshy horror that rends the minds of men asunder) from extinction by helping it breed.
Unfortunately the mind-maggot can only breed when a suitable human host is nearby.
Don't worry, though, your partner, Mary, is here to help you. And by 'help' I mean she is sitting on a spaceship three days travel time away from you for her safety.

Click >> HERE << to download

Features

• Classic point'n'click gameplay
  • Puzzles
  • Pixels
  • Time-based gameplay
  • A GRUE
  • Music
  • Romance?

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

CaptainD

Looks fascinating!  Grats on the release.

WHAM

Quote from: CaptainD on Tue 19/07/2016 10:58:37
Looks fascinating!  Grats on the release.

Cheers! I'm still a bit amazed that I got the game up and running in such a short time. I'm just sitting here, fingers crossed, hoping that it works right!

I already have plans to update the game into a deluxe version over the next couple of months with some new animations and visuals, full voice acting, maybe some new music and a translation or two if I can get people interested. But that's for after my vacation. ;)
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Chicky

Hell yeah, a new WHAM game! I will check this out asap dude ;-D

Cassiebsg

And it's a great game, might I add! :-D
Had the pleaser to beta test it, so any bugs blame it on me. (laugh)

Still need to play it once more for the alternate ending. ;) Again, any bugs here, blame me, as I haven't solved/tested the alternate end yet.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Shadow1000

I'm absolutely LOVING this game in every way. However the game keeps crashing so I can't continue.

Here's where I'm at:
Spoiler
I went to floor 3, pushed the prompt to continue the chair movement, came back down and Mr. 217 is jittery. I used the needle to sedate him and then the game crashes
[close]

I hope this can be fixed!

SHADOW

Edited to report:

Spoiler
I figured out a way around it. I used the syringe from another room
[close]

But I do want to report the crash :)

WHAM

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Wed 20/07/2016 02:40:26
I'm absolutely LOVING this game in every way. However the game keeps crashing so I can't continue.

Here's where I'm at:
Spoiler
I went to floor 3, pushed the prompt to continue the chair movement, came back down and Mr. 217 is jittery. I used the needle to sedate him and then the game crashes
[close]
But I do want to report the crash :)

Does the game give an error message on crash?
If so, can you send me a screenshot of it (or just the full text of the error message) via PM.

EDIT: I looked into the code and found at least one bug in it, which has now been fixed and an updated game released.

Shadow1000

Quote from: WHAM on Wed 20/07/2016 07:12:40

Does the game give an error message on crash?
If so, can you send me a screenshot of it (or just the full text of the error message) via PM.

EDIT: I looked into the code and found at least one bug in it, which has now been fixed and an updated game released.

It's not clear from your message if you mean that you corrected the code for this specific error or another error but if it helps you:

Spoiler
The message it issues is that the character is not in the room. I am going to GUESS that the code used to move the tentacle coming from the ceiling during the first time you needle him is being used this time around as well, but the tentacle is not present so it crashes. That's why I tried needling him from another room and it worked
[close]

Anyway, I finished the game and it is excellent in every area. Since there is a contest in progress I don't want to comment to much so as not to affect voting but I do want to say that I enjoyed it thoroughly and recommend that people play it, even aside from the contest.

SHADOW

WHAM

Great to hear you liked the game! And I believe that bug is fixed now, though I didnt have time to go through all the code. :)

Mandle

Quote from: WHAM on Wed 20/07/2016 18:07:51
I believe that bug is fixed now

The mind-maggot was saved from extinction then? 8-)

Cassiebsg

Oh wait! We got it all wrong!
We should be saving all bugs from extinction! (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Kumpel

Pretty funny scenario you made up there and the little things to do while progressing are well thought out and give this game a surprisingly intense touch.

Until now I found
Spoiler
several deaths and "the hero fails to save the gnrblex" endings and a not so happy ending
Spoiler
But I can't wrap my head around the last resort solution. It must have to do with that clown, right? after putting both Gnr... into the breeding chamber to my logic the transport crate should be free now to bring in another specimen. But putting the clown in that container and lifting him up won't do anything. Also I cannot put that poor tentacle victim down from his seat and/or replace him with the clown. So did that train of success leave the station when the host died and from this time on I am forced to do the ultimate sacrifice? :~(
[close]
replaying it right now to figure this out (roll)
[close]

WHAM

Sorry, kumpel, but you can only transport one specimen from storage to breeding. At least in this version of the game. ;)

Kumpel

Okay after replay I managed to
Spoiler
finish the game in the most optimal way.
Spoiler
pretty shocking and hilarious at the same time...
[close]
But I still wanna do it with a dead host. Is that possible? Gimme a hint, mate! :)
[close]

WHAM

There are currently just 2 different endings, though you have given inspiration for a potential third one. ;)

Creamy

Finished! It was quite long for a MAGS game. I found it both entertaining and terrifying, a winning mix :smiley:

A small bug :
Spoiler
Sometimes, the music doesn't play when I push the button. It soothe the Gnrblex nonetheless.
[close]

Sidenote :
Spoiler
Contrary to what is written in the info, Mary seems to be the only one to react negatively to an extended exposure to Polka :=
[close]

xBRANEx

I've tested this one out and it was a fine game!

I think I've managed to finish it with both endings.

WHAM

Quote from: Creamy on Sat 30/07/2016 15:42:44A small bug :
Spoiler
Sometimes, the music doesn't play when I push the button. It soothe the Gnrblex nonetheless.
[close]

> Noted. I already know a fix to this and will likely release a fix on the 31st just to polish the game a little bit more before final deadline.

Quote from: Creamy on Sat 30/07/2016 15:42:44
Sidenote :
Spoiler
Contrary to what is written in the info, Mary seems to be the only one to react negatively to an extended exposure to Polka :=
[close]

I am impressed you actually TRIED this! :D

WHAM

Released a small patch to fix audio issues today.
Also wanted to declare that the game has now reached 100 downloads!

Feels good, man! 8-)

Kastchey

Admire the feral, menacing beauty of my new wallpaper.
Spoiler

[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk