Neofeud Looking For Voice Actors / Actresses

Started by SilverSpook, Mon 08/02/2016 22:11:26

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverSpook

Silver Spook Games is seeking voice talent for a variety of voices for Neofeud!  For a more in-depth look at the game have a look at the Neofeud Thread or the Neofeud Site on IndieDB.

Quick Synopsis:

2033 - We create AI. Sentient robots arrive, but not as our Terminator overlords or our Singularity saviors -- conscious machines are humanity's unwanted bastard children. A few are geniuses who design flying cars, beat cancer, invent teleportation, but millions of defective prototypes roll out of factories -- mentally challenged, motivationally-challenged, criminally-inclined. Legally conscious, but unhirable, these "Defectives" are shuffled through public housing and welfare assistance, straining the already overburdened back of the meager social safety net. The robots who don't end up in prison are dumped, as a last resort, into a massive landfill known as "The Pile".

Humans engage in perfection of their species -- or at least the powerful and well-connected -- genetically engineering children with the human and animal DNA. The failed eugenics experiment "Frankenpeople" are discarded into "The Pile" as well. The new dynasties, 'Neofeudal Lords', live in towering neon glass castles, shuttle around in pristine nanotech-enabled pods, minds and bodies full of cyberware, spending most of their time taking selfies and "optimizing their monetization schemes". A race of supermen concerned only with their own status, their prestige, their success. Where machines have become all too flawed and human, people have become flawless, perfect, cold machines.

Karl Carbon is an ex-cop, dishonorably discharged from Coastlandia PD for disobeying an order to shoot an unarmed sentient humanoid. Karl is exiled to "The Pile" as a lowly social worker. There he counsels gangbanging foster-kid robots and confiscates chimera-children from deadbeat half-wolf parents. Till one day a case goes horribly sideways and and Karl is drawn into a sordid conspiracy that could threaten the strained fabric of Human-Robot-Hybrid civilization -- or save it.

Disclaimer: Coarse language is involved.

In particular, we're looking for:
-actors/actresses capable of doing "street" accents - L.A. street, London East End, New York blue-collar, Johannesburg ghetto. 
-Ebonics fluency a plus.
-Upper Crust / Royal British accent

These are not requirements of course, all are welcome to apply!

alphadalekben

I should be able to handle a Royal British accent dependant on time. You already have my details so just shoot me a message on whichever platform you'd prefer.

DKC1011

I'd be interested in helping you guys; I'm not sure about accents I could definitely attempt some. I'm Irish, but my accent is quite tame and my voice projects well into a microphone; if you're still looking I'm definitely available so just send me a message and I'll be back to you on the double

SilverSpook

Thanks guys.  If you have any samples of some voice acting you have done, feel free to personal message me with a link to them and I'd be happy to consider you for Neofeud.  Thanks for your interest!

cipberbloom

This sounds cool! I can do LA Street (if we have the same thing in mind), NY blue collar (hopefully), London's east end MAYBE (give it my best) ;). I can PM you some generic samples if you'd like, not sure how many female voices you'll need.

Again, sounds really good, looking forwards to it.

All the best to you and yours,

Xan

SilverSpook

Thanks, Xan!  Sure, I'd be happy to hear your voices.  I've been having some trouble finding US accents, especially the L.A. sort.  Thanks for the offer!

cipberbloom

Hullo, there--

Are you still looking for any female voices? My apologies for not PMing you some samples last month, a tonne of stuff came up (including a funeral and the flu, the latter of which I haven't had to endure in years). I'd still love to help. Am doing a voice for another game right now, but am in charge of my schedule so definitely have the time. :)

All the best to you and yours,

Xan

PS - If you prefer a specific audio format, let me know.

SilverSpook

Hi there!

I was planning to get all of the voice recording done in March, however due to change in schedule, I am still scouting for both male and female voice actors/actresses. 

I'd be happy to hear some vocal samples.  You can message me and send them in any format.

Sorry to hear about the death and the illness, best wishes!

alphadalekben

Hey,

When's the latest you want VA done by? It's just that I'm quite busy at this point in time until middle of July at the latest, but I'm still more than happy to contribute if you can have me.

Sorry,
alphadalekben

Fedx

Hi! I would love to help you guys. I'm from Argentina but I've been talking in english since I was 8 (I'm 26 now). I don't know if I can pull the accents that you need, but I definately have a kinda "mixed but not too much" accent. If you'd like to and if you're interested I'm happy to PM you some vocal samples
- The gamer doesn't dies... he respawns -

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk