The Awakening [MAGS July 2016]

Started by luisdementia, Sat 30/07/2016 22:09:48

Previous topic - Next topic

luisdementia

THE AWAKENING

A MAGS entry created by Luisdementia, Kastchey and Grok

Strapped to a medical tank in a seemingly abandoned facility with no recollection of what had happened, Subject #16 must find his way to escape this dreadful place and locate his Masters in order to survive.

Credits
Luisdementia -> Story, and original soundtrack.
Kastchey -> Art, and dialogue.
Grok -> Scripting, and sounds.

The original soundtrack is probably going to be uploaded to some internet site, so you guys can download it for free.

I hope you enjoy this game as much as I did creating it. This is my first game, and it's been an incredible experience. Have fun, and please, leave your thoughts and opinions about the game. :)

selmiak

This is interesting. But please make the
Spoiler
6 finger hand
[close]
hotspot bigger, that was quite the pixelhunt.
Also the red panel seems to be bugged. Whenever you move an item or even a different mousecursor over it it returns to standard walking cursor. I hope this is not needed as I'm kinda stuck there now...

Shadow1000

I played and completed this game. I just want to say that it's very well done and a great contender for the competition.

SHADOW

luisdementia

Quote from: selmiak on Sun 31/07/2016 03:26:59
This is interesting. But please make the
Spoiler
6 finger hand
[close]
hotspot bigger, that was quite the pixelhunt.
Also the red panel seems to be bugged. Whenever you move an item or even a different mousecursor over it it returns to standard walking cursor. I hope this is not needed as I'm kinda stuck there now...

Hello, thanks for playing :D. The red panel is actually needed in order to get an object. If you are still stuck there, just tell me.

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Sun 31/07/2016 05:16:49
I played and completed this game. I just want to say that it's very well done and a great contender for the competition.

SHADOW

Hello, I am so glad you liked the game. Thanks for playing ^^

Kastchey

QuoteAlso the red panel seems to be bugged.
The panel is not exactly bugged, just difficult to operate because the hotspot is very small, and moving the cursor outside of the hotspot area makes it revert to the default walk icon (or whatever other cursor was active before). The way you handle it is just hover the cursor over the corresponding panel without trying to choose an action (i.e. don't right click). Left click the panels when the cursor turns to an arrow.
Agree this should be addressed, thanks for pointing this out.

Danvzare

I played it from beginning to end. It was fun! :-D
I didn't get stuck once.

I like how what happened, more or less remained a mystery.
What happened was kind of sad though. Poor enslaving aliens. :(

Cassiebsg

Hey :)

I finished it last night and really enjoyed it, nice art, music, story and puzzles! (nod)

Like the others have already pointed, make the hotspots bigger. Forget the door hotspot, just make sure the red and blue hotspots are big enough to operate comfortably.
I also missed having some reaction/reply from wrong attempts in interactions.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

shaun9991

Looks great, nice work! Downloading now :)
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

luisdementia

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I hope you enjoy the game ^_^

Mandle

WOW!

I am going to be playing the shit out of this game tomorrow!

CaptainD

Terrific aesthetics and atmosphere!  Really hope you expand this so we can find out what the true story is.

Typical problems of a game that had to be finished before a punishing deadline - missing hotspots and interactions - and the opening very short time limit almost put me off right at the start, but glad I stuck with it.  Intriguing stuff.

luisdementia

Thanks for playing, guys, it means a lot. ^_^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk