GNRBLEX

Started by Stupot, Fri 05/08/2016 00:13:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

Lovely looking game, but I'm a bit stuck.
Spoiler
I've managed to remove the broken rail in the 2nd room but I can't find anything to replace it with...
[close]
What am I missing?

WHAM

Quote from: Stupot+ on Fri 05/08/2016 00:13:19
Lovely looking game, but I'm a bit stuck.
Spoiler
I've managed to remove the broken rail in the 2nd room but I can't find anything to replace it with...
[close]
What am I missing?

First hint:
Spoiler
Where would a maintenance crew keep spare parts?
[close]

Second hint:
Spoiler
In the tool cabinet are more than just tools
[close]

Third hint just in case:
Spoiler
Notice that there are differently coloured boxes in the cabinet that have different contents
[close]
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Cassiebsg

Hint:
Spoiler

Or maybe he is missing the key? (roll)
If so...
Spoiler

Take a good look at those crates... ;)
[close]
[close]
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Khris

I'm actually looking for the
Spoiler
key, searched everything, found nothing
[close]

Cassiebsg

@Khris
Se my post above... and if that doesn't help then
Spoiler

Hint dead on:
Spoiler

Crowbar + Crate = ?'
[close]
And if that doesn't do it, then
Spoiler

You might have to do some reading before busting open crates... ;) (I'm not sure if there's a condition there).
[close]
[close]

Khris

Thanks,
Spoiler
I had to restore to a time before I checked the messages on the console, and opening the crate wouldn't work
[close]

Edit:
Spoiler
I'm close to the end I guess, and I have the maggots and the guy in place. How do I actually get them to do their thing? The 2nd maggot is still visible on floor #0 but aligned, the screen on level #3 says it's done (all checked but the music), and I still have the music button but it does nothing, no matter which room I'm in. Feels like a bug, but I'm probably just missing something.
[close]

Mandle

Have you:

Gentle hint:
Spoiler
Plugged your personal music player into anything yet?
[close]

Giveaway hint;
Spoiler
Plugged your personal music player into the broadcast system in the control room on the upper deck yet?
[close]

Khris

Thanks Mandle, got it :)
Awesome MAGS game.

SarahLiz

Ok.  Soooo embarrassing but I'm not able to do much of anything in the very, very beginning.  I'm stuck.  Can't leave the room, can't pick up anything.  What am I doing wrong??  This game looks awesome & I'd really love to play it!  :-[

Sorry if it's something obvious that I'm not getting.  Any help would be much appreciated!

WHAM

Quote from: SarahLiz on Wed 07/09/2016 04:25:02
..I'm not able to do much of anything in the very, very beginning.  I'm stuck.  Can't leave the room, can't pick up anything.

Don't worry, the first room is a sort of tutorial that aims to make sure the player is familiar with some classic adventure gaming tropes.
I'm hoping to improve the tutorial in the upgraded version of the game which I am currently working on, to make it a bit more obvious, since quite a few players had problems with the first room.

As for how to get started:
Spoiler
Remember that you can use inventory items on objects in the game world.
Spoiler
Try using the communicator on items. This will invoke Mary, your colleague, to comment on the objects in the game world.
[close]
[close]

Hope this helps you to get started! :)

-WHAM
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

mercenario

Hello amazing work you've done here, I'm almost done with the adventure but I'm completely stuck in here:

Spoiler
I can't find the correct password on floor 3 to activate the console.
[close]

Cassiebsg

Been a while since I played it, so can't be sure it's this... but
Spoiler

Have you read all the notes on the wall? ... Or/And the console at the entry level?
[close]

mercenario

Yes I checked the entries but can't find the correct password, by the way I can't see the second spoiler tag!

Cassiebsg

sorry about the second spoiler tag, was suppose to be the close tag. Have corrected it now.

Okay, think I remember now
Spoiler

Okay, in one of those yellow post-its, there's a reference to the "first" (?) entry of ... (can't remember name). Write that name down.

Extra help:
Spoiler

Go down to the console and find his first entry... write down the entry numbers...

And then:
Spoiler

go up, try the pin code. ;)
[close]
[close]

Hope this helps.
[close]

WHAM

Cassiebsg has the right of it. I would like to add the following point just in case you are still having issues after reading the previously posted tips:

Spoiler
Note that you only need the three-digit DATE code as part of the password, not the year.
[close]

Khris

I'm playing this again, and got stuck again:

Spoiler
I fixed the rail and the elevator but can't get past the GRUE on the top floor.
[close]

WHAM

Quote from: Khris on Tue 06/08/2019 10:11:53
I'm playing this again, and got stuck again:

Spoiler
I fixed the rail and the elevator but can't get past the GRUE on the top floor.
[close]

Gah! I forgot about this old thread.

Hint
Spoiler

You need to use an item to REPEL the GRUE.
[close]

Outright spoiler
Spoiler

You can find the MANIPULATOR on the bottom floor. You need to double-click on it to examine it closer, then ensure it is set to the correct mode, so you don't accidentally ATTRACT the GRUE with disastrous consequences.
[close]

Khris

Ah, right, thanks!

Stuck again though, kind of:
Spoiler
I used the manipulator once, and now I have to set the chip to fix it. I already tried 6, 7 and 3. Is there a hint regarding the correct number?
[close]

WHAM

Quote from: Khris on Thu 15/08/2019 13:42:59
Ah, right, thanks!

Stuck again though, kind of:
Spoiler
I used the manipulator once, and now I have to set the chip to fix it. I already tried 6, 7 and 3. Is there a hint regarding the correct number?
[close]

Hint:
Spoiler
You have to put your reading glasses on for some green text.
[close]

Outright spoiler:
Spoiler
Check the paper on the table on which you found the manipulator, down in the containment room. The number changes each time you play, because I'm that kind of evil when it comes to developing games.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk