Help

Started by daventry, Sat 12/04/2003 13:56:27

Previous topic - Next topic

daventry

Someone said i should be here, not at the beginners forum.

Hi, im Chris.

Uum, i have a small problem with my game. Can you help me.

I downloaded King's Quest 1 and King's Quest 2 game, the speech pack and the music pack and i installed them.

When i want to go to the game settings, the Computer freezes for a short while, then it starts up again.

Everytime i try to start a new game, the Computer freezes and i have to reboot the Computer.

I could only see the beginning intro of the game, but i can't even start the game.

ALT X or ALT Q doesn't even work.

In the Game settings, i used all the different settings there, it does not do any good.

It appears i cannot play King's Quest on my Computer anymore and i love this game.

Please help, it happened since i upgraded my Computer. I even have an updated Audio.

This is what i have on my Computer.

18.6GB Harddrive

256.0 MB of Ram

Geforce2 MX/MX 400 3D Card

DirectX 8.1

Pentium 4

Windows 98

Avance AC97 Audio Sound Card

Used Space: 4.50GB

Free Space: 14.1GB

Capacity: 18.6GB

All my other games work fine.

When i deleted the Music Pack and the Speech Pack from KQ2VGA, the game didn't freeze at all.

I only installed the KQ1 game, but the mouse does not work. Not even the keyboard. I can't even play the game with or without the speech pack and the music pack.

All in all, the Computer still freezes a bit when i want to go to the settings and the games.

Please help.

Thank you.

Barcik

Shame on you, Chris, I would have thought the creator of the program can do better than that.

:P

More seriously now - try asking on Tierra's forums at www.tierraentertainment.com.
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

daventry

Do you have any idea how long the tierra forum board is when i asked about my problem, in the end they told me to come here on this forum board or ask Chris Jones.

They even got my name mixed with him later on, because whe are both Chris.

I guess someone gave me a solution at the beginners forum, he told me to download directx 9

daventry

Thank you, the KQ games work on directx9

Las Naranjas

CJ is still away for a bit since the parole board are dickheads
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

daventry

Oh i see, but that's okay. :)

My King's Quest 1 VGA and my King's Quest 2 VGA works now since i downloaded DirectX9. ;D

Thanks for all your help.

From Chris.

Esseb

But las, you gotta admit it was a bit shortsighted to violate the restraining order by moving in next door to her.

Las Naranjas

Hey, she said she wanted it, the duplicitous bitch.
"I'm a moron" - LGM

Esseb

I'm only worried how this will affect future ags releases. They won't allow him Internet access in his cell, not after the whole Nwiod.worm incident I mean.

Las Naranjas

I talked to Chrille about that, he regrets having used CJ's account, but they'll make it up at Mittens, provided they don't block the visa again.
"I'm a moron" - LGM

Archy in Germany

Is CJ in prison? o_o; why do I never get told these things?

Scummbuddy

That's not what I heard happened to Chris.  I heard he was 'parousing' some internet picture sites and his mom came in the door when he wasnt expecting anyone.  He jumped up and tripped on his pants that for some reason fell down, and banged his head on a corner of his computer desk.  He slipped into a coma and he's currently in the hospital.  They feel he will be communicating with the Stephen Hawking voice, that is, if he recovers....

The police are still investigating the cause of the pants.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Scummbuddy

Oh, hello Chris!  :oWelcome back.  Please ignore the previous post.  I was, er.. drunk.... wait, I dont drink.....
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Pumaman

Never fear, I am posting from my cell as we speak. It turns out that getting the prison wardens some cheap fags and drugs twice a week means that they 'accidentally' forget to confiscate my computer.

Now I just wish I had a girlfriend on the outside so she could come for a conjugal visit. ;)

Scummbuddy

Scummbuddy translates *fags = cigarettes to all you people unfamiliar

at least I hope so, in this context.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Las Naranjas

No scumm, he's talking about the small prisoners which he hides under his bench
"I'm a moron" - LGM

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk