Release Something! 2016 (8-24 till 9-23) [CLOSED]

Started by Embla, Wed 24/08/2016 10:00:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

This is what the Crystal Shard team is working on,

CaptainD

Mandle

OMG Radiant!!! That game looks gorgeous!!! It also looks like exactly my kind of game!

(It also explains why your MAGs entry was a tile-based simulation...Not saying you used existing assets...Obviously not...But it was what you were used to coding at the time I'm guessing...)

Danvzare

Wow that art is absolutely gorgeous! 8-0
And the coding you probably had to do to create that interface and the hexagonal tiles!
I'm amazed. (nod)

Stupot

That is some sweet-ass stuff the Radiant.

SilverSpook

I meant to submit this last week, better late than umreleased vaporware! This is of course fromNeofeud, which is nearly complete and will hit your floppy disk shelf in Q4 2016, if my Neofeudal lords ladies, patrons and supporters help make it happen.

[embed=1000,600]http://youtu.be/ABL8kjlhhyU[/embed]

The game itself is 1366x768 resolution with 100% hand painted, laboriously animated scenes such as this 'War of the Neo World Orders'.  A huge fan of Ridley Scott, James Cameron (Aliens, not Titanic) and Neil Blomkamp, a major mantra or goal in Neofeud was to push the vast, visual storytelling envelope with this project, to realize (and release) a yet unseen vision of the world that extrapolates forward cautionary, but also mirrors the nightmare of the present.  Which is why I felt the maximum detail was necessary;  wrist, screen real estate, and RAM be damned.

Kastchey

After some desperate sifting through my folders I have managed to collect the below.

#1-6 is artwork for A Landlord's Dream. Most was made with the expanded version of the game in mind with the exception of #6 which was made for the MAGS version but we ran out of time so it was never used.
#7-8 was made when I was considering joining a MAGS themed "Monsters".
#9 is a world map for one of my forever-in-limbo projects, The Snow Queen.
#10-11 is another one of those, based on one of HPL's short stories.
#12 is a mockup of a game I thought would be fun to play on mobile devices. I didn't draw the astronaut, I just copy pasted him in to test the GUI design.
#13-14 is another set of mockups inspired by a MAGS theme, All Hallow's Eve.

[imgzoom]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii203/Kastchey/RS2k16-01_zpsygifc0zp.png[/imgzoom]

[imgzoom]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii203/Kastchey/RS2k16-02_zpsdqm9ags9.png[/imgzoom]

Blondbraid

Quote from: Kastchey on Tue 20/09/2016 22:41:14
#10-11 is another one of those, based on one of HPL's short stories.
Which of his short stories?

All in all, they are some truly beautiful screenshots! :)

Cassiebsg

Agreed, lovely screens! Now go make some of those games! It would be a shame to not use them!
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Danvzare

I agree with Cassie, it'd be a shame to see these go to waste.
Although with how much unused artwork you seem to have, perhaps you could put them all together to make a short mish-mash type of game. ;-D

Stupot

cat

Kastchey

Thank you guys! Your comments mean a lot :>

Out of these, ALD may become a full game. There have been some harsh reality checks but we are still trying!
As for the others, I would very much love to make some of these into a real game one day but alas, life makes it hard to stay focused so all use I have ever made of them are Release Something threads... which is probably better than nothing ;)

@Blondbraid: The Lurking Fear. I always thought that with some minor adjustments, the structure of this one would be just perfect for an adventure game so I keep getting back to the concept once in a while. Can't really get it out of my head, I guess =)

kconan

Awesome stuff so far!

Using Skorpio's LPC Sci-Fi pack (with mechs!) and Gamemaker's Sci-Fi pack, I put together a huge room that would hopefully one day be a fully realized game.  The idea is a main character was genetically designed to be a higher-level Judge Dredd type of guy in an oppressive society...He either continues to cruelly oppress all the NPCs he comes across or chooses to help them fight back.  The NPCs don't know anything else, so they would have to be told how to rebel rather than them coming to the player character.  The game would be winnable in either extreme, or even perhaps in some grey area.  I haven't messed with the game in a while, though I'm hoping to "one day" return to it.

A few screenshots...

Right Hand Side

Middle

Conversation

dactylopus

Quote from: Scavenger on Thu 25/08/2016 21:22:42
I was working on a quest-for-glory-esque adventure game before we lost our apartment and had to spend a couple months trying to find a new place to live. I may go back to working on it, once I've worked on the puzzles a bit more. It's not ready for more than techdemos right now, but it's perfect for Release Something!

The game's in 8-bit as usual for me, I had to program my own plugin in order to get all the effects I wanted out of AGS, but it looks really promising.

I really hope this gets finished.  It looks really beautiful and interesting, and I'd love to play it!

Stupot

Some great bits and bobs here. Nice stuff everyone.

I feel like there might have been a bigger turnout if the thread hadn't been stickied, to be honest. I don't always check the sticky threads as a matter of course. My eyes are drawn to the first posts underneath the block of stickies.

Danvzare

Quote from: Stupot+ on Tue 27/09/2016 08:31:40
I don't always check the sticky threads as a matter of course. My eyes are drawn to the first posts underneath the block of stickies.
Same here, but I still think this has been a pretty huge turnout and I'm fairly sure everyone who frequents these forums knows of this thread. :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk