AdventureX 2016 - 19th & 20th November

Started by Ali, Wed 31/08/2016 14:25:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicky

It's been a great weekend, I met so many lovely people! I played a whole bunch of awesome games, had more than enough time to finish a few of the demos I played and the atmosphere was so positively creative I'm on a bit of a high coming home. It was really inspiring to see so many people doing what they love and making a living from it, something I've wanted to do since forever. Some of my highlights were playing Lamplight City (sooo good!), the games journalism talk (heh, joystick totally caught me off guard (laugh)) Adventure Treff's talk on putting together a press kit (super useful!) and of course The Dark Room.

Talking of which, I won a doge tshirt (which shows off my figure beautifully), a timeless 'Now That's What I Call Music' CD and some shin guards, for dying, after only 4(?) screens :=

Andail

Oh, so that was you, hehe.

Yeah, as everyone will attest, this was a great adventureX. Great people, great talks, great games. Can't wait till next year!

cat

What an amazing event! It was great to see it grow in number of people but also in scope and topics.
It was a pleasure to see everyone again and also being able to put a few new faces to names.

Tom, Rebecca, Ali: You did a fantastic job, thank you so much for your hard work!

neon

After traveling for the whole week after AdventureX I'm back home and want to thank all you great people I met on AdventureX for a really good time. Especially Tom, Ali and Rebecca for doing a fantastic job (again) this year.

I'm also happy people found my talk about press work useful. I hope it helps you all to avoid unnecessary work and to have more time for what you're actually want to do: making great games.

See you all in 2017 again (hopefully).

Dave Gilbert

I never added my thoughts to this thread! A week late, but I have to say that this is the year where I felt that AdventureX officially "grew up." In years past it was just a "fun thing I did every year" but this time I really believed that I was part of something important. The fact that it was so packed you had to turn people away is evidence of that. I'm really honored to have been a part of it. Thanks again!

Edit: Oh and my talk is now up on Youtube. Woo!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk