Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

Voting has finished and the results are as follows:

• Sprouts of Evil by Slasher - 0 votes
• The Starry Sky Above Me by xBRANEx - 0 votes
• MINDBOGGLER by Ibispi and Babar - 1 votes
• Club of Evil by Dog Rat - 2 votes
• Graveyard by CaesarCub - 9 votes

Well done CaesarCub. You will be contacted soon about choosing a topic for November.
Thanks to all the participants and voters.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Sprouts of Evil by Slasher
Graveyard by CaesarCub
Club of Evil by Dog Rat
The Starry Sky Above Me by xBRANEx
MINDBOGGLER by Ibispi and Babar

Click on the game title to download.

Voting

CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR VOTE
Send the title of your favourite game under the subject MAGS SEPTEMBER

Remember:
* try all the games before you vote
* vote only once
* vote for your favourite
* don't forget to leave a comment and rating on the AGS games database

Voting Ends: October 16th

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic: Pure Evil
This month's guidelines were set by WHAM

It has been discovered (by someone or something) that EVIL is, in fact, a physical substance (liquid, slime, pills, pellets etc) that can be extracted from persons or inserted into persons (or animals, maybe? Plants? Machines? Bricks?) somehow. How much evil can there be in a brick, I wonder. Or a cat?

Rules:
> The game must be built around the premise described above
> The game must show or describe at least one sequence where EVIL is either extracted or inserted to/from someone/something
> Contestants are free to expand the theme at will (maybe something else can also be extracted / inserted? Good? Happiness? Love? Sorrow? Liberosis? Adronitis?)

Ending:  September 30th

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What is MAGS?

Started in 2001, MAGS is a competition for amateur adventure game makers. The idea is to create a game in under a month, following the rules set by the previous winner. It aims to help you work to a deadline, improve your skills, and provide a kick-start into making adventure games. Regardless of skill, MAGS is for everyone. Voting is based on "favorite" games, and not the most artistic, or the best coded. If you have bad art skills, use it as a chance to do some graphic work. If you're sub-standard at coding, use it as a chance to give scripting a go. Ultimately, people will vote for the most enjoyable entry.

Rules

• You may work in a team to produce an entry.
• You are not allowed to use any material created before the competition. Your game must be completely new! An exception is music and sound; you can use any audio that is freely available to the public.
• Any modules and templates featured in this board are also allowed.

Entering MAGS is simple. First, conceptualise your game following the month's criteria (see top). Second, create your game fueled only by coffee. Finally, post your game in this thread, including:

âÅ"“ A working download link
âÅ"“ The title of your game
âÅ"“ A suitable in-game screenshot

At the end of the month, voting will begin, usually lasting for fifteen days. The winner chooses the next month's theme, and their name and game is immortalised in the MAGS Archive. For more information, please visit the Official MAGS website.

Radiant

Interesting concept, I may join again.

Something that came up in private discussion last month... how does MAGS feel about a logo screen, if you're MAGSing with a team that worked on prior games? Does this fall under prior material or is it more like a template?

Stupot

@Radiant - You mean just chucking the Crystal Shard splash screen at the beginning of the game? I can't see a problem with tha, myself. Does anyone have anything against this?

Mandle

A logo is fine I would say: It would seem a bit silly to say to someone: "Yes, you can have your logo but you must recreate it perfectly from scratch." (laugh)

Also, I would say that a logo is more part of the packaging for the game, rather than a part of the game itself: If you enter a homemade jam contest they don't disqualify you for not making the jar yourself ;)

VampireWombat

RIP Tasha Yar...

But yeah. This theme is already making me think of the first X-Files movie, the death of Tasha Yar in Star Trek: TNG, and to an extent Repo: The Genetic Opera and the Fifth Element.
So, there are many variations which could be done.

I'm looking forward to seeing what others come up with and even what I might come up with.

DBoyWheeler

Or maybe something similar to the Evil Energy from Mega Man 8?

Mandle

Slasher

If I get enough free time my game will be titled:

'Sprouts of evil...'

(laugh)

Funkpanzer

I'm in with a terrible game called 'Pith'! The storyline is finished and 2 of the 4 main puzzles are scripted, hopefully giving me more time to focus on sound and animations! :-D

Really looking forward to seeing where everyone takes this theme!

Crimson Wizard

This is such a nice topic, actually. If only I did not forget how to make games fast...
How do you people do this in several days? I am jealous :).

Radiant

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Wed 07/09/2016 03:49:20
This is such a nice topic, actually. If only I did not forget how to make games fast...
How do you people do this in several days? I am jealous :).

CW, you're one of the best programmers we have. Focus on any game that's primarily about coding and doesn't require complex story or art, and you could probably pull it off in a couple days :)  It doesn't have to be an adventure game, for instance last month we had a racing game and an RTS/puzzle hybrid.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Radiant on Wed 07/09/2016 09:57:17
Focus on any game that's primarily about coding and doesn't require complex story or art, and you could probably pull it off in a couple days :)  It doesn't have to be an adventure game, for instance last month we had a racing game and an RTS/puzzle hybrid.

But I wanted to go to space make an adventure game!
Actually, I had invented a nice story overnight, but now the problem is how to make a very short game of it.

Slasher

QuoteActually, I had invented a nice story overnight, but now the problem is how to make a very short game of it.
Well, you have the scripting skills, Crimson which would definitely shorten the time taken to make a game. I'm the fastest one-finger typist around here (laugh)

You say you have a 'nice story'... that's a start....

My 'Sprouts of evil' idea is from an old tv comedy (won't mention title (laugh)) and another idea from a well know comedy sci-fi film (won't mention title (laugh) ) Put the two together and you have elements for an adventure game...

Of course once you have A and C you then just need to add all the elements of B.  Simples (laugh)

I, among others would love to see you produce a game, however basic.

3 weeks to go.....and counting down (nod)

Crimson Wizard

Typing a script is easy when you know what to script :).
The biggest problem for me is to convert a story into gameplay.
My first MAGS game was made in mere 5 days (although I had to use Roger sprites), but then I had a story that could be easily converted into sequence of puzzles. Now I do not... yet.

Mandle

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Thu 08/09/2016 15:39:08
Typing a script is easy when you know what to script :).
The biggest problem for me is to convert a story into gameplay.
My first MAGS game was made in mere 5 days (although I had to use Roger sprites), but then I had a story that could be easily converted into sequence of puzzles. Now I do not... yet.

Maybe think outside the box of making a traditional puzzle-driven adventure game then?

Perhaps the story you have in mind is better suited to an interactive-fiction style, a simulation, or even an arcade-style where the story is unlocked through the between-level cutscenes?

We know you have the coding skills to pull off any kind of game genre...I'm just trying to brainstorm stupid ideas to trigger something for you...

A game made by the Wizard! My mouth is watering!

Cassiebsg

Plus, am sure you can click your fingers and get help for the art, if you ask around. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Crimson Wizard

You are now embarassing me... Scripting alone does not make a good game. I can script a bad gameplay, there will be wonderful script inside, but no one will know that because the game will be terrible and not interesting to play.

Slasher

That's negative thinking before you start Crimson.. look at me, it never stopped me (laugh)

I suppose some people were made to be scripter's and some people made to make games and a few made to script and make games.

When i was playing in bands you could give joe public a most intricate and complex song and get little applause. Then play a three chord rocker and have them clapping and cheering.. Life's a bitch (laugh)

Funkpanzer

There's always the "don't sleep for a whole month, most likely shortening your lifespan a handful of years" option!

Nixxon

The Lucifer Chronicles: Hell's Kitchen

Help Lu make a nutritious complex carbohydrate conscious breakfast from scratch.

Note - This probably won't get made ;) Unless someone wants to script.

Looks like there's some amazeballs entries this month.

Funkpanzer

Quote from: Nixxon on Thu 08/09/2016 23:50:19
The Lucifer Chronicles: Hell's Kitchen

Help Lu make a nutritious complex carbohydrate conscious breakfast from scratch.

Note - This probably won't get made ;) Unless someone wants to script.

Looks like there's some amazeballs entries this month.
Please find a way, that art style is gorgeous!

Slasher

My entry for this months MAGS: Sprouts of evil

Something strange is occurring in Town: Car tyre's turning square, people running around with meat cleavers and axes, people hit by flying bricks, old people being thrashed by their own walking sticks...

You are Professor Jakhoff, and with your colleague, professor Grey you set out to find out what is going on in town and why are there so many incidents happening.

Eliv, an evil worshiper had called upon his lord and master Satan to grant him pure evil. With this evil (sprout evil) he goes around making things most evil...

Can you and your colleague find out exactly what is going on and most importantly, can you destroy all the evil???!!!

"The sprouts of evil can absorb into anything... be it animal, vegetable or matter."

Be very afraid (laugh)

More screens on release....

Mandle

Slasher's done it again!!! And it looks hilarious!

Slasher

My entry for this months MAG is now finished. I Have got quite a bit of time left to test and check....

Slasher

Ready to download (laugh)

It's arrived! Sprout evil is spreading its evil and infecting all that it touches, be it animal, vegetable or matter!

My entry for this months MAGS: Sprouts of evil

Something strange is occurring in Town: Car tyre's turning square, people running around with meat cleavers and axes, people hit by flying bricks, old people being thrashed by their own walking sticks...

You are Professor Jakhoff, and with your colleague, professor Grey you set out to find out what is going on in town and why are there so many incidents happening.

Eliv, an evil satan worshiper had called upon his lord and master Satan to grant him pure evil. With this evil (sprout evil) he goes around making things most evil...

Can you and your colleague find out exactly what is going on and most importantly, can you destroy all the evil???!!!

"The sprouts of evil can absorb into anything... be it animal, vegetable or matter."

Be very afraid but prepare to chuckle (laugh)

Note for Retro Wolf.. This will Grind your gears  (laugh)

Stats
320 x 200
32 bit
D3D
Utilizes the four-framed walkcycles with unique characters.
Made with AGS 3.4.0.9

Here is the Game:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2088/

VampireWombat

Finished and already available for download? Wow.
I don't even have a screenshot available for mine. Or any characters designed... Game name... Or anything other than a prototype cereal box.

Slasher

Quote from: VampireWombat on Wed 14/09/2016 13:28:14
Finished and already available for download? Wow.
I don't even have a screenshot available for mine. Or any characters designed... Game name... Or anything other than a prototype cereal box.

Just stick a few politician's heads in the bowl and you have pure evil (laugh)

Retro Wolf

Quote from: slasher on Wed 14/09/2016 13:06:11
Note for Retro Wolf.. This will Grind your gears  (laugh)

I've been quite active in that thread Slasher! What could it be?! 8-0 Downloading now!

Slasher

QuoteI've been quite active in that thread Slasher! What could it be?! 8-0 Downloading now!
You'll see (laugh)

I have a wicked sense of humor and yes, this did tickle my funny bone and maybe the challenges are not exactly cryptic or as hard as they could have been I personally found it fun getting to the end without pulling my hair out...It was meant to be that way...

Guys: please excuse any typos til revised upload (nod)

EDIT: Uploaded V3 with corrections and a couple of issues resolved....

Stupot

How are things going?
Any updates?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Stupot+ on Sun 25/09/2016 22:08:14
How are things going?
Any updates?

Well... ummm... I started writing story and dialogs for my game, but then I had AGS 3.4.0 to release and then I decided to quit AGS, and then I was not really in the mood to make the game. :/
Maybe I will save my story idea for later use.

VampireWombat

Quote from: Stupot+ on Sun 25/09/2016 22:08:14
How are things going?
Any updates?
Sadly, I'm still in the planning process of mine. Yesterday I decided to make the Halloween game I've been planning for months into a prequel for the MAGs game. So now I'm having to figure out how to make things work since it means changing the location from a big city to a small town.
But I have figured out how to do 90% of the coding I'll need for the game.
Later today I do plan to make a walk cycle for the main character and make at least one background.

Cassiebsg

You could leave it as "big city" just restringing it to a smaller area of the city?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

VampireWombat

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Mon 26/09/2016 17:28:30
You could leave it as "big city" just restringing it to a smaller area of the city?
Unfortunately, not really. It's borderline if it could even work in a small town near a smaller city.
I may end up just having to scrap the whole story I had planned, but keep the characters and play style.

Edit: Actually, a bit of thinking and I think I can make a compromise of using a small town. It requires replacing the main place where things will happen, but it should still work.
Thanks for getting me on the right track.

Ibispi

Hey, uh... Babar and I have been working on something and, uh... We may not be able to finish in time... so... uh...
Could we get an extension? Like a week? Or, if that's not allowed, then, half a week? Or, half of a half of a week?
Thanks.

Slasher

Come on guys.. rules are rules and should not be bent... but I do wish you luck so put a spurt on ;)

I'm getting worried as there may be a great game or two just waiting to be unleashed (laugh)

Ibispi

Hey, slasher, you know what they say... "rules are meant to be broken"! (roll) Just kidding... I mean, uh... An extension would still be nice. :=

CaesarCub

Graveyard
by CaesarCub
- September 2016 MAGS Entry -

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/aeD0R2x.png[/imgzoom]
[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/5aXdhTs.png[/imgzoom]
[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/hqov2lb.png[/imgzoom]
[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/11njTr5.png[/imgzoom]

About the game: Dave, Phil and Clarence will have to cooperate to reach their goal, and save their friend Ron from a gruesome fate.

Download

So, here's my entry. It's short, but I hope it's fun.

Mandle

Yay! CaeserCub!!! In time for Halloween too!!!

I can't wait to try it out!

CaesarCub

Just make sure to get the latest version, I just had to make a small last minute fix :-[

Stupot

Quote from: Ibispi on Wed 28/09/2016 09:39:02
Hey, uh... Babar and I have been working on something and, uh... We may not be able to finish in time... so... uh...
Could we get an extension? Like a week? Or, if that's not allowed, then, half a week? Or, half of a half of a week?
Thanks.
A week is too far but I can extend until Sunday night (23:59 UK time) if that helps.

Nice looking entry, CaesarCub. I look forward to playing it.

VampireWombat

Thank you for the extension too. I had planned my game to be finished more or less the last minute tomorrow, but having the weekend to work on it means that I will actually be able to do some shading on my backgrounds, have better walk cycles, and make my GUIs not look like they were designed by a 4 year old.

Dog Rat

Hi again, guys. Well, I finished my first game: "Club of Evil". Don't expect much. Silly plot, easy puzzles, poor animations and almost no music at all (just in the title screen). But considering I did it in less than two weeks, I'm satisfied enough to put it here. Maybe in the near future I'll try to improve it.

Story: Nosferatu will tell us his story about how he discovered that he could not only drink people's blood but also the Evil inside them.

Download Link

DBoyWheeler

With the theme "Pure Evil", maybe if there were any remakes or "deluxe editions" of these games somewhere down the line, I can so see the possibility of one of the games having a cameo of our favorite cat-burglar-turned-paranormal-investigator, Trilby.

jwalt

Quote from: Dog Rat on Thu 29/09/2016 16:55:53
Well, I finished my first game: "Club of Evil".

Congrats! Trying to play it.

Spoiler
Think I may need the cross to get past the Vampiric Big Guy, but the pet rat seems to have made off with it. Did I miss something?

Other, minor things: Restore doesn't seem to list the saved games, but the load screen is working, once you can get to it. The info for the first inventory slot seems to be stuck on "Key." Seem to have trouble reentering the Cave after dining on Sofia. These may not be actual issues, just some comments.

[close]

Dog Rat

Thanks for the comments. The restore game dialog and the "Key" in the inventory were in my "things to fix" mental list. But I always forget about the things I put there. Both fixed.
Here's the new version.
About the other issues...
Spoiler

You don't need the cross to get past that part. Nosferatu is a vampire and hates crosses, so he won't get near one.
About reentering the cave, all I can think of is that you had your mouse set in Walk Mode when trying to get in. That always caused me some troubles I couldn't yet resolve. If it's any help, you don't really need to go there again.
You may experience a similar issue in the next room after the one you're in right now. I did my best trying to fix it but I'm not sure I achieved it. I'll investigate it a little more.
[close]

jwalt

Quote from: Dog Rat on Sat 01/10/2016 03:03:30
Thanks for the comments. The restore game dialog and the "Key" in the inventory were in my "things to fix" mental list. But I always forget about the things I put there. Both fixed.
Here's the new version.
About the other issues...

Appreciate the quick fixes! Looks like I'm just plain stumped. I posted a plea for help here:

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=53981.0

Mandle

I just finished Club Of Evil and...it was SO much fun!!!

It took me about 30 minutes to finish without any hints, just to give you an idea of game length...

I loved the:
Spoiler
Jerry Springer style last cut-scene: That was hilarious!
[close]

VampireWombat

Unfortunately, I've come to a realization in the last few minutes. Despite the extension, there's simply no way I can finish the game in time. There's simply too much left to do to possibly finish in 5 hours.
I do still plan to finish the game sometime in the future and I will expand upon what I was already planning to do.

I wish those still working on their games luck finishing by the deadline.

And I will probably try at least one of the finished games this afternoon.

xBRANEx

Hey, another game by BRANE. I didn't work a lot on this one. Just wanted to try the Tween module and I ended up with this game. I really like the idea I came up with and I finished the game because of the soundtrack I made, but it's a pity I didn't have more time to expand on the idea. I hope you'll enjoy the game and find something of value in it.

BRANE presents:

The Starry Sky Above Me

Game Link: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2095/

Ibispi

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qhzki5j5kbjwz3o/MINDBOGGLERGAME.zip?dl=0

00:03 as of the time I have uploaded it............. (laugh)

EDIT: added a screenshot

EDIT2: The game is called MINDBOGGLER. It is barely finished, a lot of the UI is not working... Because Babar was supposed to code the game and write all the dialogue, it ended up with me making the whole game in like 5 hours straight... and I just finished it. Babar didn't even code the main menu properly, but, at least the game can be completed now. :D

Stupot

Quote from: Ibispi on Mon 03/10/2016 00:03:53
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qhzki5j5kbjwz3o/MINDBOGGLERGAME.zip?dl=0

00:03 as of the time I have uploaded it............. (laugh)

DISQUALIFIED!!!

Nah, just kidding. Have you got a screenshot?

Stupot

Well done everyone who made it. Commiserations to those who didnt.
The competition has now ended and voting is underway.

Graveyard by CaesarCub
Club of Evil by Dog Rat

Click on the game title to download.

Voting

CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR VOTE
Send the title of your favourite game under the subject MAGS SEPTEMBER

Remember:
* try all the games before you vote
* vote only once
* vote for your favourite
* don't forget to leave a comment and rating on the AGS games database

Voting Ends: October 16th

Mandle

WOW! Five games this month!

MAGS is really becoming consistently AWESOME!!!

I've played two, so here goes number three!

EDIT: Well... finished them all... I will write up some feedback later on when I've got the time...

EDIT: (FEEDBACK AND VOTE)

(Feedback and vote hidden to avoid spoilers)

Sprouts of Evil:
Spoiler
Exactly what we expect from a slasher game and exactly what he delivers: A fun game with some toilet humour and a ton of GUIS. Classic slasher...Not that much in the way of puzzles or challenges...A few tricky bits, and a load of laughs! I loved the square wheels on the VW... Well done mate...except that I actually LOVE sprouts...So tasty! Does that make me evil?!!
[close]

GRAVEYARD:
Spoiler
A beautiful game from a new (to us) pixel-art talent who could even rival AprilSkies... Everything about this game just reeks of game-dev talent... I've gushed over it enough elsewhere so I'll just leave this here...I'm pretty sure the author has already seen my feedback...
[close]

Club of Evil:
Spoiler
Another new dev just straight out of the blue...And with a first game this solid gameplay-wise, graphically, and even with a sardonic parody on mainstream media?! I had a ton of fun playing this game despite some confusing glitches... (Please add a *POOF* effect with a cloud of smoke and sound effect when changing bat/human form in a later version...)
[close]

The Starry Sky Above Me:
Spoiler
Lovely title and game that only had a very tacked-on reference to the theme... I tried shooting everywhere, including those messages from the company...Until I discovered right-click...Nice ending, although I thought at first that the sound of crickets chirping was a reflection on my performance...
[close]

MINDBOGGLER:
Spoiler
It seems like some drama happened during this game's dev-cycle, which is a shame because the story really had me interested and I still want to find out more about this time-overlapping world... I liked the ending "twist" but I didn't feel that it was quite earned yet... The drama had a lot to do with that I'm sure...
[close]

And so my vote must go to:

Spoiler
Club Of Evil!
I really thought I would be voting for Graveyard as a no-brainer for just how visually and technically brilliant it is, until I played Club Of Evil... It was a tough choice to make between the two, but in the end I gotta vote for Club Of Evil as it was the most fun I had playing any of the games...But...It was a 49%/51% kinda split...
[close]

None

I clicked the send vote link, and it just redirected me to the forum home page. Am I missing something? Nevermind, it decided to cooperate.

WHAM

I'll try and take an evening to play all of these over the weekend.
Will use this as an opportunity to do some twitch streaming testing / recording as well.

-W
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Shadow1000

My vote:

Spoiler
I had to vote for Graveyard. To me that's the clear-cut winner. Club of Evil was a GREAT contender and would have received my vote otherwise.

When I see a MAGS game that is so complete, so polished, has "extras" such as multiple characters, well-designed puzzles and had it been done as a stand alone game rather than a MAGS entry with a time constraint, it just says "vote for me!".

Well done!
[close]

Dog Rat

Thanks for the comments, guys. :-D
As for me:
Spoiler

Graveyard is indeed the best of the bunch and, like someone pointed out earlier, it really felt like the introduction to a bigger story. It would have been nice to have some more teamwork, but I understand that's not easy to make in such a short time. Also, art was really great. So there goes my vote.
[close]

Riaise

Some great games this month! Well done, everyone! Here are my comments:

Sprouts of Evil by slasher:
Spoiler
This was fun! There could have been a wider range of puzzles to make it a bit more challenging, but it was a great idea.
[close]

Graveyard by CaesarCub:
Spoiler
I actually found this game genuinely spooky. The graphics are amazing and the atmosphere is perfect. The puzzles are all well thought out and implemented. As others have said, a bit more could be done with the multi-character aspect, but this is still a really great game as it is.
[close]

Club of Evil by Dog Rat:
Spoiler
This is also a fun little game! I thought it was a nice twist on the theme to have people become nicer when the evil is extracted. The puzzles were decent, and I liked the contrast between the colour of the studio and the black-and-white flashbacks. Really good work!
[close]

The Starry Sky Above Me by xBRANEx:
Spoiler
I wasn't really sure what was actually happening in this game. I was shooting the "evil" orange blobs, but I couldn't work out what was making my health decrease. It looks fantastic, though. If you set up a good story behind it then a full game that looks like this would be really stylish.
[close]

MINDBOGGLER by Ibispi and Babar:
Spoiler
The idea behind this game seems like it could be interesting, but it all ends before the story really gets going. Obviously, it's still quite unpolished, but well done for getting it finished! That's a really great effort to get it done in only a few hours.
[close]

So my vote goes to...
Spoiler
Graveyard! Club of Evil was a close second, but I felt more immersed in Graveyard's story and atmosphere.
[close]

Twirlly

A nice batch of games. Thank you to all the makers! :grin:

Spoiler
A good intro to setup the story line. I did think some of the puzzle solving was redundant, although there was a slight twist in the end. What a way to not eat your veggies.

Graveyard by CaesarCub
The overall graphics and animations were outstanding and so many characters that could interact with each other were created in the short MAGS time frame. The puzzles seemed fluid and cohesive. I really enjoyed playing it, and thought the game could be expanded even more.

Club of Evil by Dog Rat
The game show concept was well implemented. I loved the transformations during game play, but it had glitches at times. Getting into the cave was a bit of a struggle as the interactions didn't work consistently.

The console was nice, but I didn't feel like it was a game based around this months theme. There also wasn't much involved in playing the game.

The idea behind it was unique and interesting, but I could tell that the game wasn't as complete as you would have liked it to be.
[close]
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Gurok

Thanks, everyone. It was great fun playing these. Took me about a day and a half to get through them all.

Sprouts of Evil
Spoiler
This was a pleasure to play, but perhaps a little too easy. I enjoyed some of the cultural references. I assume Larry Logan is Terry Wogan. Did I catch an Evil Dead reference too? :D
[close]

Graveyard
Spoiler
A visual treat! It had great puzzle structure, never feeling too difficult or too easy. I think the narrative could've been better developed, but it's only a MAGS game. Astounding for the time frame in which it was created.
[close]

Club of Evil
Spoiler
Nosferatu came across in this as a hapless bachelor, who ended up being very loveable, despite how "evil" he was. The talk show worked really well to frame the narrative and I found the whole thing really enjoyable.
[close]

The Starry Sky Above Me
Spoiler
I was impressed with the title, but felt like the game needed more than a passing reference to the theme. A good effort nonetheless.
[close]

MINDBOGGLER
Spoiler
I think this had the best setting of any of this month's MAGS games. There was clearly a lot of world-building that went on and a mad flurry of effort to get finished by the end of the competition. It felt short, but not overly rushed. Great work.
[close]
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

selmiak

For everyone interested but not interested downloading 5 separate files, I bundled all mags games into a single Download. 8-)

Stupot

48 hours left to vote if you haven't already. Ta muchly.

cat

Oh noes, still playing, hope I make it...

Edit: Voted! Great games again this month!

Stupot

Voting has finished and the results are as follows:

• Sprouts of Evil by Slasher - 0 votes
• The Starry Sky Above Me by xBRANEx - 0 votes
• MINDBOGGLER by Ibispi and Babar - 1 votes
• Club of Evil by Dog Rat - 2 votes
• Graveyard by CaesarCub - 9 votes

Well done CaesarCub. You will be contacted soon about choosing a topic for November.
Thanks to all the participants and voters.

Slasher

Well done CaesarCub it was a fun game and well presented (nod)

CaesarCub

Wow, thank you all for voting me.

I really loved all the other games, it was quite fun playing them :D

DBoyWheeler

Congratulations, Caesarcub!  I look forward to what theme you'll come up with for November.

Shadow1000

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk