MAGS September "Pure Evil" (RESULTS)

Started by Stupot, Thu 01/09/2016 00:14:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Riaise

Some great games this month! Well done, everyone! Here are my comments:

Sprouts of Evil by slasher:
Spoiler
This was fun! There could have been a wider range of puzzles to make it a bit more challenging, but it was a great idea.
[close]

Graveyard by CaesarCub:
Spoiler
I actually found this game genuinely spooky. The graphics are amazing and the atmosphere is perfect. The puzzles are all well thought out and implemented. As others have said, a bit more could be done with the multi-character aspect, but this is still a really great game as it is.
[close]

Club of Evil by Dog Rat:
Spoiler
This is also a fun little game! I thought it was a nice twist on the theme to have people become nicer when the evil is extracted. The puzzles were decent, and I liked the contrast between the colour of the studio and the black-and-white flashbacks. Really good work!
[close]

The Starry Sky Above Me by xBRANEx:
Spoiler
I wasn't really sure what was actually happening in this game. I was shooting the "evil" orange blobs, but I couldn't work out what was making my health decrease. It looks fantastic, though. If you set up a good story behind it then a full game that looks like this would be really stylish.
[close]

MINDBOGGLER by Ibispi and Babar:
Spoiler
The idea behind this game seems like it could be interesting, but it all ends before the story really gets going. Obviously, it's still quite unpolished, but well done for getting it finished! That's a really great effort to get it done in only a few hours.
[close]

So my vote goes to...
Spoiler
Graveyard! Club of Evil was a close second, but I felt more immersed in Graveyard's story and atmosphere.
[close]

Twirlly

A nice batch of games. Thank you to all the makers! :grin:

Spoiler
Sprouts of Evil by Slasher
A good intro to setup the story line. I did think some of the puzzle solving was redundant, although there was a slight twist in the end. What a way to not eat your veggies.

Graveyard by CaesarCub
The overall graphics and animations were outstanding and so many characters that could interact with each other were created in the short MAGS time frame. The puzzles seemed fluid and cohesive. I really enjoyed playing it, and thought the game could be expanded even more.

Club of Evil by Dog Rat
The game show concept was well implemented. I loved the transformations during game play, but it had glitches at times. Getting into the cave was a bit of a struggle as the interactions didn't work consistently.

The Starry Sky Above Me by xBRANEx
The console was nice, but I didn't feel like it was a game based around this months theme. There also wasn't much involved in playing the game.

MINDBOGGLER by Ibispi and Babar
The idea behind it was unique and interesting, but I could tell that the game wasn't as complete as you would have liked it to be.
[close]
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Gurok

Thanks, everyone. It was great fun playing these. Took me about a day and a half to get through them all.

Sprouts of Evil
Spoiler
This was a pleasure to play, but perhaps a little too easy. I enjoyed some of the cultural references. I assume Larry Logan is Terry Wogan. Did I catch an Evil Dead reference too? :D
[close]

Graveyard
Spoiler
A visual treat! It had great puzzle structure, never feeling too difficult or too easy. I think the narrative could've been better developed, but it's only a MAGS game. Astounding for the time frame in which it was created.
[close]

Club of Evil
Spoiler
Nosferatu came across in this as a hapless bachelor, who ended up being very loveable, despite how "evil" he was. The talk show worked really well to frame the narrative and I found the whole thing really enjoyable.
[close]

The Starry Sky Above Me
Spoiler
I was impressed with the title, but felt like the game needed more than a passing reference to the theme. A good effort nonetheless.
[close]

MINDBOGGLER
Spoiler
I think this had the best setting of any of this month's MAGS games. There was clearly a lot of world-building that went on and a mad flurry of effort to get finished by the end of the competition. It felt short, but not overly rushed. Great work.
[close]
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

selmiak

For everyone interested but not interested downloading 5 separate files, I bundled all mags games into a single Download. 8-)

Stupot

48 hours left to vote if you haven't already. Ta muchly.

cat

Oh noes, still playing, hope I make it...

Edit: Voted! Great games again this month!

Stupot

Voting has finished and the results are as follows:

• Sprouts of Evil by Slasher - 0 votes
• The Starry Sky Above Me by xBRANEx - 0 votes
• MINDBOGGLER by Ibispi and Babar - 1 votes
• Club of Evil by Dog Rat - 2 votes
• Graveyard by CaesarCub - 9 votes

Well done CaesarCub. You will be contacted soon about choosing a topic for November.
Thanks to all the participants and voters.

Slasher

Well done CaesarCub it was a fun game and well presented (nod)

CaesarCub

Wow, thank you all for voting me.

I really loved all the other games, it was quite fun playing them :D

DBoyWheeler

Congratulations, Caesarcub!  I look forward to what theme you'll come up with for November.

Shadow1000

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk