Tarthenia

Started by amanta4ray, Thu 01/09/2016 19:38:05

Previous topic - Next topic

amanta4ray

Debbie Johnson thought her days of adventure were over.  But when an evil warlock intervenes on behalf of his cousin, Esmeralda, she is whisked away to the island of Tarthenia.  A place beyond the realm of imagination; where beauty and danger go hand in hand.  And in order to save not only her life, but her sister's as well, Debbie will have to use every ounce of ingenuity she possesses.  Can she thwart the plans of a madman bent on revenge?  Only time will tell….Tarthenia.

• Point and click interface
  • 200+ rooms to explore
  • Collect and combine inventory items
  • Over 100 interesting characters to interact with
  • Automatic restore points for death scenes
  • Double-click to quickly maneuver to other rooms
  • Non-linear puzzles
  • 20+ hours of game play

Download links:  https://amanta4ray.itch.io/tarthenia
                                      http://www.mediafire.com/file/544pw181zunpb9x/Tarthenia.zip

Walk-through links:  https://amanta4ray.itch.io/tarthenia
                                               http://www.mediafire.com/file/wda5zx0jzfc4hjb/Tarthenia_walk_through.pdf

Cassiebsg

And out of nowhere, out comes a giant!
This is looking very sweet! only had time to run the intro though, so looking forward to go chameleoning away another day. (laugh)

Congrats on the release. :)
And don't forget to add it to the DB. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Shadow1000

AWESOME! I loved Echoes of the past so I have big expectations! Congrats....I can't wait to play.

SHADOW

amanta4ray

Thanks guys....I had fun making this as it was a lot more fantasy than Echoes was.  Hope you enjoy it!!  :cheesy:

Mandle

What the what?!

Echoes Of The Past was sooo awesome...

I cannot wait to get a solid block of time to play this new game of yours that has suddenly appeared!

Shadow1000

I finished this game a few days ago. I really enjoyed it and I want to recommend it to all. I am surprised that no one has played it and commented yet.

The game is well-designed and outstanding in all areas. One of my favourite parts of the game was the graphics. There are MANY rooms (more about this soon) and each one is just beautiful.

Second, I LOVE exploring! There are so many areas and rooms and they become more and more as you get through the game. I think that having such a huge game broken into smaller sections of 8-10 rooms each and navigating with a map is an excellent design choice. Some big games require WAY too much walking.

The story was good and developed at a nice pace. Nothing ground-breaking in terms of the story  but it did develop in stages. In my opinion, a huge game should have a huge plot :) but in this case all the other strengths of the game worked well enough to make me overlook that.

The puzzles were pretty good. I had fun solving them. There's a good variety of puzzles ranging from dialogues to inventory puzzles with a lot of emphasis on picture puzzles and word puzzles. If these are your thing then you will really like this game. If not, then there are still a good range of puzzles and mini-games that there's something for everyone.

I do want to mention that I really needed the walkthrough a lot. I found myself completely stumped a lot and even when I used the walkthrough I found myself saying "huh? I would never have guessed that one". I have to confess that although I really enjoyed this game as much as I did, the fact that I found myself that stuck that often did diminish the fun I had playing.

Another thing that I wasn't crazy about is the dialogues. I can't put my finger on it but the way people talk in the game often just did not seem in character.

Over all, as I said, the game represents a huge effort over the course of a number of years and the result is great. I am looking forward to your next release!

SHADOW

splat44

I want playing this game but download get too often interrupted!
I seem to think there server problem!

Fix that or find another better server!

Mandle

I also had to restart the download because it failed the first time...

It worked the second time.

splat44

After a dozen time, I might as well forget it!

edited
Although I was able download this, I think by providing a better server will be great!

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 05/10/2016 08:52:49
I also had to restart the download because it failed the first time...

It worked the second time.

AndyfromVA

Super game.  Great work!

amanta4ray

Quote from: splat44 on Tue 04/10/2016 23:01:44
I want playing this game but download get too often interrupted!
I seem to think there server problem!

Fix that or find another better server!

I am sorry that you were having problems downloading this...I was told it was a better site than Mediafire.  My other game...Echoes of the Past...seemed to download just fine.  I will look into other servers...if any of you know of ones, please let me know.

P.S. I edited the main title area to include a download site to Mediafire.

Anne

AndyfromVA

I'm stumped and the walkthrough doesn't help!

Spoiler
I'm trying to get the ocean elemental but I can't get past the shark.  The walkthrough says go to the carnival and get 600 tickets to buy the speedboat.  I have over 600 tickets but the prize lady won't talk to me!
[close]

Mandle

Quote from: AndyfromVA on Sat 08/10/2016 04:38:25

Spoiler
I'm trying to get the ocean elemental but I can't get past the shark.  The walkthrough says go to the carnival and get 600 tickets to buy the speedboat.  I have over 600 tickets but the prize lady won't talk to me!
[close]

This also had me stumped for ages:

But it's so simple and yet not:

Spoiler
You can click on the glass display case even though it doesn't have a label
[close]

amanta4ray

Quote from: Mandle on Sat 08/10/2016 11:37:13

Spoiler
[close]

This also had me stumped for ages:

But it's so simple and yet not:

Spoiler
You can click on the glass display case even though it doesn't have a label
[close]

Sorry about that...just missed putting a label on it.

splat44

Although this isn't hint area, but in addtions what Mandle says:

Spoiler
You need another thing and as go along with game that item thing will be obvious. Did you know you earn over extra 200 tickets in play canival games
[close]

By the way amanta4ray. great game

Spoiler
[close]

amanta4ray

Yes...I did know that about the tickets.

Spoiler
I made it that way in case some of the games you got a little higher on score.
[close]

I'm glad you like the game....I also have made others if you want to check them out...hint...hint

Mandle

Quote from: amanta4ray on Sun 09/10/2016 18:55:32
Yes...I did know that about the tickets.

Spoiler
I made it that way in case some of the games you got a little higher on score.
[close]

I'm glad you like the game....I also have made others if you want to check them out...hint...hint

Spoiler
I believe the highest possible number of tickets you can get is 960: 50-50-50-40-50 on each game...Easier said than done though...
[close]

I've played all of your games by the way, and they are all amazing... I think this one is the best though: I love the pacing of the puzzle variety especially: It seemed like I wasn't often trying to solve the same genre of puzzle twice in a row... And I really enjoyed the word/code puzzles... Reminded me a lot of the code puzzle in Gabriel Knight, which is one of my favorite puzzles of all-time...

AndyfromVA

Tried all suggestions, no go.

Spoiler
I have 670 tickets and I need that boat.  I already have used the star.  I've already been under the water and encountered the shark.  The prize lady won't talk to me.  When I point to the boat in the display case I get a description of the boat but can't buy it.  It looks like I won't be able to finish the game - a shame.
[close]

Mandle

Quote from: AndyfromVA on Tue 11/10/2016 13:20:08

Spoiler
I have 670 tickets and I need that boat.  I already have used the star.  I've already been under the water and encountered the shark.  The prize lady won't talk to me.  When I point to the boat in the display case I get a description of the boat but can't buy it.  It looks like I won't be able to finish the game - a shame.
[close]

Did you try:

Spoiler
Using your tickets on the boat?
[close]

amanta4ray

Quote from: AndyfromVA on Tue 11/10/2016 13:20:08

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
if you have tried to go to the other room and died...it restored it to before you have seen the shark.  You just need to be in the room then go up to the prize booth....click on the glass case then click on the boat.  Talk to the lady after that...she will let you buy the boat.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk