Lamplight City

Started by Grundislav, Mon 26/09/2016 00:43:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Riaise

Oh, wow, those look so much better! The detail really makes the characters come to life. :)

Rocchinator

Congrats! Looking amazing they match more better with the backgrounds. Really good art, i`m a big fan of gabriel knight series and this games give me that anxious felling of playing that I had as a kid with this game. The same happened  yaers ago with your Ben Jordan series :-D :-D. Well Done!

Grundislav

So, as you may or may not have heard, Lamplight City won't be published by Wadjet Eye.

I hope to be able to make an announcement about the game's future within the next couple of weeks, but details are still being ironed out.

Pilchard

I didn't actually realise Lamplight City was slated as another Wadjet Eye collaboration, but I suppose that was implicit after Dave published your last couple of games, and with being Shardlight being such a winning combination of your talents.

Regardless, the game looks like it shaping up really nicely, and I shall of course be snapping it up regardless! Good luck with the continuing development and with lining up another publisher, if that's still the plan.

AndyfromVA

Quote from: Grundislav on Tue 04/07/2017 02:44:37
So, as you may or may not have heard, Lamplight City won't be published by Wadjet Eye.

I hope to be able to make an announcement about the game's future within the next couple of weeks, but details are still being ironed out.
Not great news.  Please don't give up on this wonderful project.

Grundislav

Quote from: AndyfromVA on Wed 05/07/2017 19:24:29
Quote from: Grundislav on Tue 04/07/2017 02:44:37

Not great news.  Please don't give up on this wonderful project.

Oh, don't worry, the project isn't going anywhere. It'll be released one way or another, it's just those details that I'm currently sorting out :)

Hobo

Well, this is some unexpected news, at least for me, but I'm glad that it seems to have been resolved in a friendly and civil manner. Anyway, I have utmost confidence in your ability and I'm sure that the game will end up being excellent one way or the other. Also, great job on the new sprites! A very bold decision, considering the amount of work.
Good luck with the development and hopefully you'll catch some positive wind in your sails!

CrashPL

I read the news about your game and Wadjet Eye on one major Polish gaming portal - I was really glad it won't impact the release of the game.
Best of luck with the publishing! Hope those details you're speaking of won't get that much in your way!

Grundislav

Investigating a murder in the rough part of town.

Bavolis

That lighting is top notch!

Click'd

Are the black bars there to prevent spoilers?

Grundislav

Quote from: ClickClickClick on Sun 23/07/2017 16:23:45
Are the black bars there to prevent spoilers?

No, the game is just letterboxed. The GUI appears in the top bar and some game text appears at the bottom.

Gurok

New sprites + the new background are so beautiful
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Cassiebsg

Just so beautiful.... (nod)
It's great to have something to aspire too... Hope to someday be able to do such a lovely BG!
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Riaise

The atmosphere in these backgrounds really draws you in. Amazing work!

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

This is , well, beyond amazing..   cream of the crop in looks .. I am curious how long (consolidated hours) dose it take on average to complete a typical background?

Grundislav

Depends on the background, but generally speaking about 1-2 days. I didn't keep track of how long this latest one took me, but I'd estimate about 16 hours total. I've definitely gotten faster with practice!

Hobo

The lighting is spot on, I really like the eerie feeling of this place.
Were chalk outlines an actual professional investigation thing? They always struck me as kind of odd.

Grundislav

Quote from: Hobo on Mon 24/07/2017 22:31:54
Were chalk outlines an actual professional investigation thing? They always struck me as kind of odd.

I'm pretty sure the practice of chalk outlines at crime scenes is purely in the realm of fiction, considering it would contaminate the evidence at the scene. It is a visually striking image, though, so I'm willing to trade realism for style :)

selmiak

this looks really great and atmospheric.
Is the farther cityscape in the background really painted on a wall or how should one read this?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk