MAGS October "Genre Shift" (RESULTS)

Started by Stupot, Fri 30/09/2016 23:37:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

Damn... and think all I did in the same time was one idle view for my game. :-[
You shame us all! (nod) Looking good, keep it up!
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Dog Rat

I really doubt that I'll actually do this, but the theme made me wonder: can I pull out a graphic adventure out of one of the most popular but also hated games of the last years? So I started drawing and this is what I got so far.

Spoiler

[close]

If you're lucky enough to not know these characters, they're from Candy Crush Saga.

Stupot

Hey gang. It's quiet in here. Any news or progress? (wtf)

Slasher

Let Sonic answer that Stupot (laugh)

[embed=700,450]http://youtu.be/_MliGbo1arI[/embed]

VampireWombat

Quote from: Stupot+ on Mon 10/10/2016 06:57:13
Hey gang. It's quiet in here. Any news or progress? (wtf)
I still haven't finished any backgrounds or even figured out how to even make the game actually work. So... no. Not much progress at all. But I do hope to get 1 or 2 backgrounds finished today.

cat

Raeff and I are working on something. Progress is slow but steady, let's see if it works out in the end.

Slasher

VampireWombat:
We've over two weeks to go... put in extra time and finish it...

cat:
slow but steady is good, but do put a spurt on before time runs out...

Hope to see both your games (nod)

Good luck to all (nod)

Meanwhile 'Sonic and friends' is on schedule to be ready by the closing day..

VampireWombat

Quote from: slasher on Thu 13/10/2016 10:25:10
VampireWombat:
We've over two weeks to go... put in extra time and finish it...
Luckily I got ideas last night on how to do some of it. So I plan to at least do some rough sketch backgrounds and setup some rooms today.

Slasher

Sonic is now at the testing stage...

VampireWombat
QuoteLuckily I got ideas last night on how to do some of it. So I plan to at least do some rough sketch backgrounds and setup some rooms today.
Good luck and I hope you are able to give us a game (nod)

Slasher

New Video (not quite sure what happened near the end)

[embed=700,450]http://youtu.be/ASH3QxT0D78[/embed]

Slasher

Blimey...this place is quiet (laugh)

Mind you, I expect tons of great stuff will be coming this way very soon (nod)

I'v shown you mine now show me yours (laugh)

Nose to the grindstones guys...

VampireWombat

I still I have 2 weekends to work. Since I'm not struggling with my own art style like I was in the past and I should already have the knowledge for doing the majority of the stuff for the game, it shouldn't be a problem.
I did finally get around to setting up the base GUI yesterday, but I need to make it look nicer. And none of my backgrounds are finished, so all I have that I could show are images of Simon...

Slasher

QuoteVampireWombat: so all I have that I could show are images of Simon.
Just have a large image of Simon and make a game to see if you can pick his pockets without him noticing (nod)

VampireWombat

Quote from: slasher on Sat 22/10/2016 10:20:05
Just have a large image of Simon and make a game to see if you can pick his pockets without him noticing (nod)
That sounds like a joke, but I'm not completely sure. If it's not a joke, then I have absolutely no idea how to do coding for such a thing.
But I am about to work on graphics for awhile. So I should have something to show by the end of the day.

Miez

Quote from: cat on Tue 11/10/2016 08:51:30
Raeff and I are working on something. Progress is slow but steady, let's see if it works out in the end.

Cool! Looking forward to that :D

Mandle

Quote from: cat on Tue 11/10/2016 08:51:30

As long as it's a genre shift between the FPS/simulation/VR genre of "Eruption" and the point-and-click genre of "Toffee Trouble in Creamville" then I'm excited!!!

Slasher

Hi

My entry for this months MAG..........

Sonic and friends in: "Club-House".

Inspired by 90's platform game Sonic the hedgehog (and friends).

This game comes away from being a 'platform' game and becomes a Point n Click ags adventure game.

A number of famous 90's platform characters will join Sonic and will work as a team including: Tails, Alex Kidd and Luigi.

Incorporates Inter-changeable main player. Interact (hand) with any player to make them take the lead.

Each player has their own personal skills and inventory.

Carry out house repairs and complete tasks.

Story:

Sonic is left the lease to a house by his uncle Colonic who is recently deceased, in his Will.

Sonic and his friends plan to turn the house into their 'Club-House' for secret meetings and party's.

The house needs a few repairs doing before their club house opening night.

* Watch out for the fiendish Eggman who has a surprise for them all!

Who will be your favorite character? (laugh)

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2101/

Slasher

Where is everybody hiding 8-0

"Come out of the closets you boys and girls" (laugh)

VampireWombat

I'm still slowly working on mine. It's going to end up being more condensed than I'd have liked, but I'm going to do what I can the remaining days.

Twirlly

I've been working on something in my free time since day one, but the graphics alone take me forever since my artistry is lacking at best. It consists of me manipulating basic shapes to look somewhat like things I want. Plus I over reached as usual with too many rooms :(, but still hoping I can pull it together for a finished playable game.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk