There is no game

Started by selmiak, Tue 04/10/2016 14:32:05

Previous topic - Next topic

selmiak

I found this nice game through some clicking around and hard investigative work and the like... anyways, it is really fun!

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/659792

and someone please tell me how to continue playing when there is no ball ;)

Mandle

I've seen several Youtubers play this game...And it is inspired and hilarious!

How to play a game that doesn't want you to even know that it is a game?

The game keeps telling you that you should just give up: Nothing to see here... Just move along...

Brilliant!

cat

Spoiler
There IS a ball on the screen ;)
[close]

selmiak

Quote from: cat on Tue 04/10/2016 15:28:32
Spoiler
There IS a ball on the screen ;)
[close]

I have seen it and clicked it like crazy, but didn't grab it  :P

NickyNyce

I didn't want to make a new thread, so I'll just throw this in here. Check this out, absolutely awesome puzzle platformer from the makers of Limbo. I haven't been able to stop playing. Pretty sure I paid $19.99 on the PS4 store.

https://youtu.be/mAmVD7kJ_Dg

Mandle

Quote from: NickyNyce on Tue 04/10/2016 15:41:18
I didn't want to make a new thread, so I'll just throw this in here. Check this out, absolutely awesome puzzle platformer from the makers of Limbo. I haven't been able to stop playing. Pretty sure I paid $19.99 on the PS4 store.

https://youtu.be/mAmVD7kJ_Dg

"Inside" has already been fingered as possibly the best game ever made...

I certainly cannot fault anything in its gameplay... It seems pretty much perfect to me...

NickyNyce

@Mandle...I ended up beating 'inside' this morning, and I loved it. I was very sad to see it end because the end part of the game was epic.

It is a short game, but still worth it, and very memorable.

Mandle

Quote from: NickyNyce on Tue 04/10/2016 19:56:12
@Mandle...I ended up beating 'inside' this morning, and I loved it. I was very sad to see it end because the end part of the game was epic.

It is a short game, but still worth it, and very memorable.

OMG... The end sequence of the game is INCREDIBLE!!!

And, in my opinion, and despite the hype: I don't think Inside is the greatest game ever made like many are saying.

But I do think it's one of the best examples of the developers looking at every key-point to make their game the best it can possibly be within the limits of its gameplay, and nailing every single one of them to perfection.

So: I would say it's an example of a perfectly made game that should be studied in game development classes...

The most perfect game ever however is still "Pong" (the version(s) where your bat's vertical speed influences the angle and speed of the ball's trajectory...Not so much the original 45-degree-angle-hits-only version)...

It's a game you can play against with anyone: Your wife, your father, your mother, your college room-mate, your 2-year-old kid, your mate that hates computer games, your college professor, your ex-wife via Pong-related divorce, your 18-year-old kid (16 years down the line), your mother's new husband after Pong-related divorce (just to prove: "You're not my real Dad, anyway!"), your mate that is now addicted to computer games and wants you to play a 6-month-long campaign of Civ5 against him, your divorced father (To interrupt his continual drinking ), and your college room-mate who you moved back in with, and your college professor who creepily still drops by every now and then...

A true game for life!

Stupot

I'd played this before but totally forgotten about it. Just played again. Good bit of fun.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk