The funny pics thread? :)

Started by KyriakosCH, Fri 07/10/2016 13:23:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

LMAO!!! That is awesome!!!

Blondbraid

Blondbraid

KyriakosCH

This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

dayowlron

Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Blondbraid

Something I just finished drawing:

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Hahaha!!! That one was awesome!!!

Blondbraid

Thanks!  ;-D

I got the ideas from different places, can you guess which fact is;

something I saw people legitimately claim on Reddit,
something asked in a Q and A section in a kids magazine,
a modified joke from a British comedy series,
and something I just made up on the spot?

(laugh)

KyriakosCH

(removed  8-0 )

Jack

I was look at these earlier today. Pretty funny :D

Then the variations:

Mandle

Blondbraid

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Sat 04/04/2020 18:19:29

Sick loop!  :=

I'm sorry I'm not able to find that kind of jokes funny, as many women will attest it's not weather a guy is ugly that makes you afraid, it's weather he ignores your boundaries that makes women report him.

I speak from direct experience as I recently had to report a man to the police for stalking and harassment, and his appearace wasn't ugly in any kind of way, but his brehavior was.

So I ask that please, don't make jokes about how women only report creepy men because they look ugly, because real life predators come in all forms and it makes it much harder for their victims to be taken seriously.

Sorry if this comes across as off topic, but seeing that kind of joke greatly stressed me out.

KyriakosCH

Quote from: Blondbraid on Sun 05/04/2020 10:14:19

I'm sorry I'm not able to find that kind of jokes funny, as many women will attest it's not weather a guy is ugly that makes you afraid, it's weather he ignores your boundaries that makes women report him.

I speak from direct experience as I recently had to report a man to the police for stalking and harassment, and his appearace wasn't ugly in any kind of way, but his brehavior was.

So I ask that please, don't make jokes about how women only report creepy men because they look ugly, because real life predators come in all forms and it makes it much harder for their victims to be taken seriously.

Sorry if this comes across as off topic, but seeing that kind of joke greatly stressed me out.

I didn't identify that as the joke... I mean, if so, the panel with real forms wouldn't make sense :)
I think the joke is more that "doomers" tend to project stuff both ways. Searching I found that other "goth girl" memes indeed have the bad joke you mention, but this one isn't imo really about that.

Laura Hunt

Quote from: Blondbraid on Sun 05/04/2020 10:14:19

Funny I didn't see them that way at all, but actually as a subversion of the usual doomer clichés and tropes. In the first one, the guy asks the girl out, she says "yes", and later we see him a lot happier, not a doomer anymore, without any stubble or bags under his eyes, and she's happier too. The way I see it, the twist lies in this simply being a happy ending, rather than the usual "she rejected me so I'm going to keep wallowing in my misery and they're all sluts anyway ugh". Even the last one, with the super cringy line "I have a d*ck" is basically the guy going "sure, fine with me" and them having a perfectly nice relationship together. I'd even go so far as to say it's... almost cute?

With this I don't want to dismiss what you saw in them or what you felt, maybe I'm the one being naive here! But it's what I personally took away from it :) (and by now you probably know me at least a bit and you know that I would have raged otherwise XD)

(Also, it's awkward to reply to this thread with this avatar, but I have my own reasons to use it.)

Blondbraid

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Sun 05/04/2020 10:21:17
I didn't identify that as the joke... I mean, if so, the panel with real forms wouldn't make sense :)
I think the joke is more that "doomers" tend to project stuff both ways. Searching I found that other "goth girl" memes indeed have the bad joke you mention, but this one isn't imo really about that.
Maybe it's not the explicit message of the comic, but it sets up a pretty damn clear pattern of whenever the ugly man says hi= she's calling the cops, but she doesn't when he's not depicted as ugly.
Then there's also the matter of using a scenario of a woman calling the cops because a man creeps her out as the punchline. I can tell you, having to call the police in real life was anything but a joke to me.

Before getting defensive, I hope you'll bear in mind that I do not write this lightly and it's been hard for me to share all this.

Laura Hunt:
I think you confuse Jack's post with the first comic KyriakosCH posted, and I agree with what you say on Jack's post.

Laura Hunt

Quote from: Blondbraid on Sun 05/04/2020 11:10:09
Laura Hunt:
I think you confuse Jack's post with the first comic KyriakosCH posted, and I agree with what you say on Jack's post.

...you're absolutely right, I'm sorry. I literally hadn't even seen that one because I started reading from the most recent message upwards, and stopped when I got to Jack's message, thinking that was what you were talking about. And I agree completely, that one is just gross and not even funny. It's absolutely awful that you went through something like that and I wish more people would understand just how terrifying it can be to find yourself in a situation in which not even "calling the cops" will help you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk