The funny pics thread? :)

Started by KyriakosCH, Fri 07/10/2016 13:23:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Blondbraid

Quote from: Laura Hunt on Sun 05/04/2020 11:20:54
Quote from: Blondbraid on Sun 05/04/2020 11:10:09
Laura Hunt:
I think you confuse Jack's post with the first comic KyriakosCH posted, and I agree with what you say on Jack's post.

...you're absolutely right, I'm sorry. I literally hadn't even seen that one because I started reading from the most recent message upwards, and stopped when I got to Jack's message, thinking that was what you were talking about. And I agree completely, that one is just gross and not even funny. It's absolutely awful that you went through something like that and I wish more people would understand just how terrifying it can be to find yourself in a situation in which not even "calling the cops" will help you.
Thanks, I'm glad and relieved to know I'm not the only one who feel that way about that comic.

KyriakosCH

Well, I didn't expect any such reaction, but if it has to go, let me do my magic and delete it from the thread  :=
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Blondbraid

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Sun 05/04/2020 11:34:22
Well, I didn't expect any such reaction, but if it has to go, let me do my magic and delete it from the thread  :=
I don't think adding emojis to your replies in this context is the most respectful way of handling it, but I hope all this will be something people can learn from.

KyriakosCH

Quote from: Blondbraid on Sun 05/04/2020 12:01:43
I don't think adding emojis to your replies in this context is the most respectful way of handling it, but I hope all this will be something people can learn from.

I will also try to find out who created the meme and then do my best to ensure they lose all internet access for life. No need to under-react.
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Blondbraid

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Sun 05/04/2020 12:12:10
Quote from: Blondbraid on Sun 05/04/2020 12:01:43

I will also try to find out who created the meme and then do my best to ensure they lose all internet access for life. No need to under-react.
See, this is what bothers me, I shared my thoughts because I genuinely suffer from depression as well as being triggered by a reminder of an incredibly frightening experience for me,
and your answers so far have felt like sarcasm and belittling me, and removing the comic felt more like you were worried others would agree with me when they saw it rather than caring for other
people's mantal health. Please just stop, this isn't funny to me, it's been causing me great stress and anxiety, and I want to make clear that this isn't a case of just hurt feelings,
I have literally been diagnosed with depression by a doctor and prescribed a daily dose of anti-depressants just to get through the day.

All I ask is that you try to understand and respect other people when they try to explain why certain things are harmful to them, and believe people when they say they are hurt.

I don't want to derail this thread, and I wish it could all just go back to being funny pictures that didn't treat very real fears as a cheap punchline, so please, stop trying to keep
this going, stop trying to make silly replies when I have been trying to explain something incredibly painful that's caused me great stress to share, just drop this and
let this thread go back to the funny pictures it's supposed to be about.

Blondbraid

So... Any programmers wanna comment on it's accuracy?

Danvzare

Quote from: Blondbraid on Sun 05/04/2020 12:53:48
Python:
Building the horse was easy
But boy is it slow

Blondbraid

Quote from: Danvzare on Sun 05/04/2020 13:38:04
Quote from: Blondbraid on Sun 05/04/2020 12:53:48
Python:
Building the horse was easy
But boy is it slow
And I realized just now that they forgot to put Python in the comic!

Mandle

BASIC:

10 PRINT "LEAD HORSE TO WATER"
20 GOTO 10
30 PRINT "MAKE IT DRINK"

(Yeah, I know this doesn't fit the theme of making fun of the languages' flaws, but I still thought it was a little funny... GG!)

milkanannan

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 05/04/2020 14:24:38
BASIC:

20 GOTO 10
30 PRINT "MAKE IT DRINK"

(laugh)

Mandle

Spoiler

The giveaway is that the shadows on the ground in the cartoon picture are exactly the ones from the original photo.

(Or was the "funny" thing about this the fact that the cartoon image had been so obviously faked to fit the original photo, with the same white wall behind etc? Sometimes I can't keep up with the meta-meta-meta humor on the internet.)

Mandle

Quote from: manannan on Sun 05/04/2020 14:28:19
BASIC:

20 GOTO 10
30 PRINT "MAKE IT DRINK"

(laugh)

At least someone got a laugh. And, I must admit that typing a few lines in BASIC really made me want to write a game in BASIC again. So many fond memories from the eighties.

Jack

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 05/04/2020 15:21:34
The giveaway is that the shadows on the ground in the cartoon picture are exactly the ones from the original photo.

What a coincidence!

milkanannan

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 05/04/2020 15:31:46
Quote from: manannan on Sun 05/04/2020 14:28:19
BASIC:

20 GOTO 10
30 PRINT "MAKE IT DRINK"

(laugh)

At least someone got a laugh. And, I must admit that typing a few lines in BASIC really made me want to write a game in BASIC again. So many fond memories from the eighties.

I was actually halfway through writing "'Make it drink' won't be reached!" when I realised that was the joke. (laugh)

Yeah, I wrote a few basic games too, like text choose your own adventure type games etc. One other highlight was getting the source code for a Scorched Earth-type game where two apes throw bananas at each other (players in turn type the angle and velocity to try to hit each other). I remember tweaking the game in stupid little ways.

Mandle

Quote from: Jack on Sun 05/04/2020 15:40:48
Quote from: Mandle on Sun 05/04/2020 15:21:34

What a coincidence!

Ah, I thought the point of those was finding preexisting pictures of Winnie that matched with a press photo of Xi, not to fake them. Or have they just been fake all along? Or is that the joke in just this case? I'm honestly confused about this one and curious.

Blondbraid

The Shrek sequels keeps getting weirder.

Cuiki

Hmm..it's kinda steep. But with a sled I can slide down the slope.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk