The funny pics thread? :)

Started by KyriakosCH, Fri 07/10/2016 13:23:02

Previous topic - Next topic

dayowlron

Good to see it is not me. I thought Ulfberht swords were some of the strongest of their times.
I am guessing he thinks its a real one but it is a knockoff.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Blondbraid

Quote from: Danvzare on Tue 19/12/2017 14:51:48
I don't get it?
Is the joke supposed to be that Ulfberht swords are supposed to be super fragile?
Or that he legitimately just tried to kill that guy?
Quote from: dayowlron on Tue 19/12/2017 15:12:39
Good to see it is not me. I thought Ulfberht swords were some of the strongest of their times.
I am guessing he thinks its a real one but it is a knockoff.
Yes, I suppose the comic makes more sense if you know about Ulfberht swords. They were some of the best swords around in the viking era, which quickly resulted in smiths trying to cash in on their popularity by stamping the name on sub-par swords, proving that bootleg copies aren't a new phenomenon. I hope this clears it up. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulfberht_swords

Danvzare

Ah, now I get the joke.
It's a real fake sword. (laugh)

dactylopus

Quote from: Danvzare on Tue 19/12/2017 14:51:48
I don't get it?
Is the joke supposed to be that Ulfberht swords are supposed to be super fragile?
Or that he legitimately just tried to kill that guy?

The joke is that it's a knockoff.

Cool comic!

(laugh)

Edit: Forgot to go to the next page where this was all explained...

CaptainD

A new interpretation of a classic children's tale...

Creamy

(laugh)

QuoteI tried drawing a fun comic strip myself

When I was in college, I used to draw this kind of things in my agenda :

I'd bet we were many on this forum :)

CaptainD

Haha that's pretty funny.  (Tragic, but funny.)

I had a comic strip called "The Blobs" because... well, my drawing skills were pretty limited.  Basically they tried to understand things they encountered in the human world.  I think some of them were pretty funny but sadly lost forever.

Danvzare

Quote from: CaptainD on Fri 22/12/2017 15:36:21
I had a comic strip called "The Blobs"
Speaking of comic strips that we have. I do a weekly comic strip called 20 Quid Amusements.
There's not much to it. It's just the generic standard fare of two guys talking about games and sometimes other stuff happens. But I think it's pretty good. And I've been doing it for several years now, purely as a hobby.

Here's probably the only one that's relevant to this site, because it's about Maniac Mansion:

Definitely not my best work there. :-[

dactylopus

Not bad at all!  I love the concept of gaming buddies talking about games.  And this particular comic is quite funny.

Thanks for sharing!

CaptainD

Haha that's pretty funny  :-D (when I looked at your post previously the image didn't show for some reason, ergo the late reply!) - I'll definitely check out your web comic now.  ;)

Blondbraid

Hilarious pic, Creamy! And I'm going to check out Danvzare's webcomic too, it looks fun! ;-D

Danvzare

Quote from: dactylopus on Wed 27/12/2017 00:56:56
Not bad at all!  I love the concept of gaming buddies talking about games.  And this particular comic is quite funny.

Thanks for sharing!
Quote from: CaptainD on Wed 27/12/2017 09:41:46
Haha that's pretty funny  :-D (when I looked at your post previously the image didn't show for some reason, ergo the late reply!) - I'll definitely check out your web comic now.  ;)
Quote from: Blondbraid on Wed 27/12/2017 11:19:05
Hilarious pic, Creamy! And I'm going to check out Danvzare's webcomic too, it looks fun! ;-D

Thanks for the kind words you three. :-D

Blondbraid

Casual mobile games in a nutshell. :P

Mandle

HOLY SHIT! I soooo want this action figure!

AnasAbdin

josiah1221

Danvzare

*Warning, at least one in every six facts is true.*

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk