The funny pics thread? :)

Started by KyriakosCH, Fri 07/10/2016 13:23:02

Previous topic - Next topic

dayowlron

This reminded me of when my cousin was in high school and I was already working as a computer programmer. He told me he would like to be a computer programmer so I asked him how much he liked algebra. He said he was ok with math but he did not like algebra at all. So I told him programming is algebra with variables and math. He eventually decided to study more towards working with hardware and has become pretty good with networking.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Retro Wolf

Danvzare

Quote from: dayowlron on Thu 06/09/2018 23:43:08
This reminded me of when my cousin was in high school and I was already working as a computer programmer. He told me he would like to be a computer programmer so I asked him how much he liked algebra. He said he was ok with math but he did not like algebra at all. So I told him programming is algebra with variables and math. He eventually decided to study more towards working with hardware and has become pretty good with networking.
Thankfully I find algebra easy. To be honest, I don't get what the big problem is people having with algebra.
That being said, I'm not fond of math in general. So whenever I have to do some math in my programming, I always brute-force it by trying a bunch of possibilities until I get the number I want (or at least a number close to what I want). Then I use that same poorly made formula everywhere else. It's worked for me so far. (laugh)

dayowlron

Personally I love math and algebra was my favorite.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

KyriakosCH

I like geometry, and probabilities. Geometry was always a favourite :)

Though ancient Greek mathematicians pretty much used algebra along with geometry, eg there is a very elegant work by Archimedes, where he uses his idea of the balance/scale in geometry, so as to come up with calculating the relation between the volumes or related (same diameter) spheres, cylinders and cones.

Also the pythagorean proof for the existence of irrational numbers is very beautiful - using just geometry (it was about the square root of 2).
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Blondbraid

Mandle

Were you ironically calling this "irony" to excite the usual internet tempest that comes from calling things ironic which actually aren't?

If so: Total genius!

If not: It is in no way ironic that you would find a bad driver at a driving school.

KyriakosCH

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 09/09/2018 12:45:49
Were you ironically calling this "irony" to excite the usual internet tempest that comes from calling things ironic which actually aren't?

If not: It is in no way ironic that you would find a bad driver at a driving school.

Maybe it is ironic that one with a licence (?) managed to crash into a driving school, thus returning to it and at the same time showing that is where he belongs :=
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Mandle

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Sun 09/09/2018 12:47:48
Quote from: Mandle on Sun 09/09/2018 12:45:49

Maybe it is ironic that one with a licence (?) managed to crash into a driving school, thus returning to it and at the same time showing that is where he belongs :=

Yeah, I thought about this a bit as well.

In Australia, where I come from, someone who was still on a learner's permit would be instructed to pull back into the carpark of the driving school to complete the current lesson. And this could have resulted in this accident.

However, in this case, the car has no identifying logos showing that it belongs to the driving school and even has ski-racks, or something, on the roof.

I retract my above post. This appears to be the car of a non-student and therefore is actually ironic!

Doubly so if the car belonged to an instructor!

Blondbraid

I guess I could have been clarer about the irony.
At least we can all agree that this is a terrible image to go with the headline here though? 8-0

Danvzare

Blondbraid

Quote from: Danvzare on Tue 11/09/2018 18:30:26
Here's something I recently found.
The Oglaf webcomic is pretty fun, although not all of their comic strips are something you'd want to read at work.
Here's another one that cracked me up:

Mandle

Argh, why did I click on "funny pics" just before going to bed?!

Damn you Blondbraid if that disturbing shit shows up in my dreams... (laugh)

milkanannan

Hmm I don't quite get what's funny about that strip. Over my head I guess. :confused:

dayowlron

Not sure I get it either, but it is somewhat funny to me.

Danvzare

Blondbraid

Quote from: manifest class on Mon 24/09/2018 18:42:53
Hmm I don't quite get what's funny about that strip. Over my head I guess. :confused:
The funny thing is that the fairy is giving a logical explanation for all the weird stuff happening, except for the last page, and the horse-skull man gives an equally weird answer for why he's asking the fairy about it.

Anyway, I decided to try and draw a new comic of my own, hopefully it won't be as hard to get. What do you guys think?

CaptainD

Hehe nice one Blondbraid.  The RPG one was funniest to me :grin: but the adventure game panel was on point too. :wink:

selmiak

*inserts really fat box promising you to play as your favourite sports hero for overpriced licenses, all while sitting on the couch and eating fastfood* ;-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk