The funny pics thread? :)

Started by KyriakosCH, Fri 07/10/2016 13:23:02

Previous topic - Next topic

KyriakosCH

^Nice.

Something I had made a while ago:

This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Blondbraid

Danvzare

The "boy" wolf, looks like Yogi Bear.  (laugh)

Mandle

Quote from: Danvzare on Tue 26/05/2020 15:04:47
The "boy" wolf, looks like Yogi Bear.  (laugh)

And the girl wolf looks like Mila Kunis.

Gilbert

But but but... Wolves become bears when they grow fat!

For some reason, I always identify the head on the marquee (don't remember whether it was in the game itself) of the game Operation Wolf to be a bear, hence I always nicknamed that game 'Operation Bear'.

KyriakosCH

"Gooby pls" cartoons certainly aren't for everyone, but I find this particular one very funny  :=

milkanannan

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Fri 29/05/2020 13:14:26
"Gooby pls" cartoons certainly aren't for everyone, but I find this particular one very funny  :=

I'm feeling like an outsider because I'm not sure I quite understand the humour.  :-[ It seems to cross an extremely simple joke (the type a four year old would tell) with violence and then distorts everything slightly. Is part of the humour in its shock value?

KyriakosCH

I think the main point is that Pruto just slashed off the face of Gooby, for no reason at all - cause obviously he wouldn't convince Dafty that he is Gooby  := Ie Pruto is just a cretin and sickeningly violent as well.

They are supposed to be stupidly drawn disney characters.

Blondbraid

Quote from: milkanannan on Fri 29/05/2020 14:48:05
I'm feeling like an outsider because I'm not sure I quite understand the humour.  :-[ It seems to cross an extremely simple joke (the type a four year old would tell) with violence and then distorts everything slightly. Is part of the humour in its shock value?
I don't really get it either. I've seen these type of comics before, but mostly with Donald and "Piderman", where the poor drawing and spelling is half the joke,
but I felt this one went just a bit too overboard with the text errors for my taste, plus the joke on Pluto and Goofy's similar faces doesn't work well when the artist gave them
entirely different face shapes from one another.  :-\

milkanannan

It reminds me of that period when people were taking a Garfield strip and removing the text and calling it a joke. I guess the humour was partly in the fact that there is no real punchline, so it creates a bit of an absurdist scene - people are examining an unfunny work closely looking in vain for something to laugh at. (Still unfunny in my book, but maybe I'm too much of a simpleton to understand it. (laugh))

KyriakosCH

Quote from: Blondbraid on Fri 29/05/2020 16:14:18
Quote from: milkanannan on Fri 29/05/2020 14:48:05
I don't really get it either. I've seen these type of comics before, but mostly with Donald and "Piderman", where the poor drawing and spelling is half the joke,
but I felt this one went just a bit too overboard with the text errors for my taste, plus the joke on Pluto and Goofy's similar faces doesn't work well when the artist gave them
entirely different face shapes from one another.  :-\

^That's Dolan and Spoderman  (nod)

Here is one of Batman (not sure what he is called in Gooby pls)

milkanannan

So this creepy meme is trending on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/memes/comments/h8a0po/spare_a_hug_please/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

Laura Hunt, is your avatar a clip from a meme? Or has this meme style been made from your avatar? I figured Jack’s earlier posts in this thread were using your avatar in the meme but maybe this isn’t the case?

Laura Hunt

Quote from: milkanannan on Sat 13/06/2020 21:09:06
So this creepy meme is trending on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/memes/comments/h8a0po/spare_a_hug_please/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

Laura Hunt, is your avatar a clip from a meme? Or has this meme style been made from your avatar? I figured Jack’s earlier posts in this thread were using your avatar in the meme but maybe this isn’t the case?

Actually, I originally designed it for a comic-book version of Death and the Maiden that was never finished, but someone on reddit came across the sketches and used it in a meme, so I sued Reddit and now I'm a millionaire who hangs out with the plebs on internet forums so I don't forget what it was like before being a millionaire, which I totally am.

milkanannan

Oof I officially fail at the internet. :-\

OK sorry didn't mean to derail the thread there...

Mandle

But... but... YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!!!

Pogwizd

shouldn't it say "another there is"?

CaptainD

Quote from: Pogwizd on Mon 15/06/2020 17:02:56

Taken lessons in correct syntax, Yoda has.

milkanannan

Quote from: CaptainD on Mon 15/06/2020 18:41:14
Quote from: Pogwizd on Mon 15/06/2020 17:02:56

Taken lessons in correct syntax, Yoda has.

Yoda ESL Teacher (laugh) I think you guys have just unlocked a true legend of a Netflix series!  (laugh) (laugh)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk