Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

LMAO!!!

Spoiler
LARPing My Ass Off!!!
[close]

KyriakosCH

(Atav)Isti Mirant Stella  :=
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Danvzare

They were such bad artists back then, they drew dogs like horses.  (laugh)
Even though that's clearly a joke, it's actually surprisingly not that far from the truth. As the "leopards" on coats of arms, look more like lions.

milkanannan

Mandle

If there ever was a Halloween like this one in a year like 2020 that needs David Pumpkins, it's this one... er... these ones?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS00xWnqwvI

Blondbraid

Jack

In case they get the government to extend the copyright law again so steamboat willie doesn't go into the public domain.

lorenzo

It reminds me of what they did to Anne Frank's diary a few years ago, when they said that the father co-wrote the diary to extend its copyright.

KyriakosCH

Quote from: lorenzo on Sun 18/10/2020 12:41:45
It reminds me of what they did to Anne Frank's diary a few years ago, when they said that the father co-wrote the diary to extend its copyright.

Hm... Not that I ever was interested in that book, but surely the selling point supposedly was a teen girl wrote it herself during war. Making it part-hoax (the selling point), moreover just for some more cash, shows how little they care about the book as well :o
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Danvzare

"Hey, look Sora! A lucky emblem."

Blondbraid

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Sun 18/10/2020 14:09:53
Quote from: lorenzo on Sun 18/10/2020 12:41:45

Hm... Not that I ever was interested in that book, but surely the selling point supposedly was a teen girl wrote it herself during war. Making it part-hoax (the selling point), moreover just for some more cash, shows how little they care about the book as well :o
From what I read in the article, the profits go to various charities. And I dislike the idea that listing editors as co-authors equates a hoax in terms of how the book gets discussed, because as far as I know, the text in it is still her words.
While I do agree labeling editors as co-authors is wrong from a technical standpoint (because ALL published books go through editing), it's hard to be angry at them if the money they make is donated to charity and organizations aiding kids,
especially with so many worse abuses of copyright to worry about where we know for a fact that it's 100% motivated by greedy megacorporations.

Anyway, how well dose this sum up cats?

Blondbraid

^Laughed so hard at the last panel!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk