The funny pics thread? :)

Started by KyriakosCH, Fri 07/10/2016 13:23:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Blondbraid

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Gilbert

Mandle

Crimson Wizard

The sadder variant of above should be "not because they are necessary, but because we thought they were going to be necessary"...

KyriakosCH

Til that Alec Minassian sounds exactly like Ali G.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q14MBeQk0Kc

I also like this ridiculous quote (at around 15.00) : "basically [...] to overthrow the chads, which would force the stacys to be forced to reproduce with the incels".

(laugh)

Force to be forced is a rather nice phrase. It's not guaranteed to work if they are casually forced; but if they are forced to be forced, there is no way around it.

Also, "convert the life status of individuals to death status", sounds rather sinister  :=
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Blondbraid

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Sun 13/06/2021 12:21:13
Til that Alec Minassian sounds exactly like Ali G.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q14MBeQk0Kc

I also like this ridiculous quote (at around 15.00) : "basically [...] to overthrow the chads, which would force the stacys to be forced to reproduce with the incels".

(laugh)

Force to be forced is a rather nice phrase. It's not guaranteed to work if they are casually forced; but if they are forced to be forced, there is no way around it.

Also, "convert the life status of individuals to death status", sounds rather sinister  :=

I find it hard to laugh at any of that knowing that Alec Minassian is a real mass murderer who's killed real people, and I find it in poor taste posting this as some funny anecdote on par with cartoon memes.

It's not a funny video either, it's not some comedy sketch, from what I've seen of it, it's a serious documentary/analysis on murderous incels, and their too real fantasies of murdering women, minorities, and LGBTQ people,
and I can't believe I'm the only one to get a knot in my stomach when seeing that presented as just some silly goof we're meant to laugh at.

Danvzare

Quote from: Blondbraid on Tue 15/06/2021 22:46:10
I find it hard to laugh at any of that knowing that Alec Minassian is a real mass murderer who's killed real people, and I find it in poor taste posting this as some funny anecdote on par with cartoon memes.

It's not a funny video either, it's not some comedy sketch, from what I've seen of it, it's a serious documentary/analysis on murderous incels, and their too real fantasies of murdering women, minorities, and LGBTQ people,
and I can't believe I'm the only one to get a knot in my stomach when seeing that presented as just some silly goof we're meant to laugh at.
This might be a bit presumptuous but I think the only reason you're the only one to get a knot in your stomach over it so far, is because no one else knows who he is, and didn't bother to click on the video.  :-\

Sinitrena

Which is the way it should be. Forget his name, remember these instead:

Beutis Renuka Amarasinghe, 45
    Andrea Knafelc Bradden, 33
    Geraldine Brady, 83
    So He Chung, 22
    Anne Marie D'Amico, 30
    Mary Elizabeth "Betty" Forsyth, 94
    Chul Min "Eddie" Kang, 45
    Ji Hun Kim, 22
    Munir Najjar, 85
    Dorothy Sewell, 80

In Ancient Rome there was a custom called damnatio memoriae (though not by the Romans themselves, the name is newer), meaning condemnation of memory. It basicaly meant to strike a person completely from public memory. Because it was an official act, that included things like removing statues and such.
Sometimes I think this was a pretty good idea.

Remember the victims, not the perpetrators.

I'm in a pretty bleak mood and was actually looking for something to cheer me up. Oh, well.

KyriakosCH

Trivia: Damnatio Memoriae was first practiced against the person (Herostratos) who burned the temple of Artemis at Ephesos (one of the 7 wonders of the ancient world), and explained his action by saying that this was the only way he could hope to become famous and remembered.
Supposedly the temple was burned at the exact same day Alexander the Great was born, so the goddess Artemis was busy looking at the newborn  (nod)

The practice was later on picked by the romans, and even later by various others (in Stalin's Russia it was pretty common, and rather bluntly used).
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Reiter

It is odd that the Damnatio Memoriae did not take, at that occasion. I imagine Artemis was on unfriendly terms with someone else upstairs at the time, and they kept Mr H's memory going, to annoy her.

As for its application now, I must agree that it is the best way to treat these hideous murderers - particularly the types who do so for some warped idea of 'fame'. To oblivion with them, and let them rot. Runeberg had the right idea: 'So give his dark-wrought deed its time, but shroud in night his name as I."
(Trivia: that comes from a Johan Ludvig Runeberg poem about a real historical traitor, and it is very good. So good, in fact, that I can never recall the traitor's name unless I look him up, and then I forget it again. There is a lot of power in verse and songs...)

That said, I do not mind gawping and laughing at these sort of criminals if given the opportunity. It is not as if they are much good for anything else, after what they have done. I have little interest in the man in the video, his fate or his motivations, but I can certainly laugh at him all the harder, as it dissipates his menace. If oblivion is not practical for whichever reason, humiliation is the next best thing. They have revoked what rights they had to be considered serious. Forget, or point and laugh. Maybe install one of those dunking machines from an old fair ground in the prison? Probably not...

Well, now, funny pictures. The screenshot button is a fantastic thing, and one does catch quite a few funny moments when playing. Here, it seems that the make-belief airforce are rather lax in their demands of a decent landing.

Spoiler
[close]

It feels as if not much is expected of me. It is, I suppose, in 'one piece'. Good enough for me, pour in the vodka and point me back up, and I am good for another go!

LimpingFish

Funny pictures. Y'know...a rabbit eating a watermelon...a dog jumping rope.

Less of the mass murderers, please.

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Blondbraid

Quote from: Danvzare on Wed 16/06/2021 18:16:51
Quote from: Blondbraid on Tue 15/06/2021 22:46:10

This might be a bit presumptuous but I think the only reason you're the only one to get a knot in your stomach over it so far, is because no one else knows who he is, and didn't bother to click on the video.  :-\
To clarify, I meant to say that I believed others, like me, would find this disturbing and distasteful, not that I think I'm the only one getting a knot in my stomach at seeing a real life murderer quoted in what's meant to be a joke thread.

And it's worth remembering that a big reason many incel mass killers and neo-nazis are able to go undetetcted until the moment they start murdering is exactly because people don't take them as a real threat and dismiss their words as just stupid and edgy jokes.
Quote from: LimpingFish on Thu 17/06/2021 02:31:40
Funny pictures. Y'know...a rabbit eating a watermelon...a dog jumping rope.

Less of the mass murderers, please.
Didn't find any rabbits, but here's a few Capybaras digging into one:

LimpingFish

Quote from: Blondbraid on Thu 17/06/2021 13:24:21
Didn't find any rabbits, but here's a few Capybaras digging into one:

Score! ;-D

Also:

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk