Zak McKracken is BACK!!!!!!

Started by dimidimidimi, Sun 13/04/2003 14:57:23

Previous topic - Next topic

dimidimidimi

I don't know if you already know this, but I'll post it anyhow. There is a new fan made adventure from Germany called The New Adventures of Zak McKracken. It had been released in German for some time now, but since April the 10th it is available in English as well!!!

Go to this page to download it: http://www25.brinkster.com/lucasfangames/  

(for free of course). I've played it since last night and it is fun like hell!!!! Totally loyal to the older Lucasarts adventures. And damn funny too...

Rhubarb

I dled and played earlier, the font was a bit screwed. (English)  LF, is it meant to be? :)

Gonzo

I didn't have a font problem, but I've just played through the first little bit, walking around San Francisco picking stuff up, and there doesn't seem to be any music? Are my settings wrong or is there no music?

Rincewind

Oh, wow! That sounds great - I've been waiting for an english translation ever since I read about this game!
I know i should get on with finishing Zak 1 first, but that irritating copy-protection thingie at the airport has kept me apart from it... ;D

AGA

I played this about 6 months ago. I was supposed to spell-check the translated-from-German source, but I didn't have much time on my hands so I had to give it up. I did play and finish the game though, and it's great.

Las Naranjas

Bandwidth is gone, anyone want to mirror :D?
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

AGA

Esseb

SimSaw

Look! They show us what we should do with our games! Translate them!

I am German and because I don't understand English perfect I tried to contact some authors which have made good games, but till now I coudldn't finde ONE game which I could translate. The authors should more look for translators even if they speak English. The peoples from other countries will say 'thank you' to them.

By the way, does anyone know how I could get contact to the authors of this game? I want to write them that they should make their game with voice. I would help them with that. Maybe soon the game will have speech.vox for all translations.

ThunderStorm

SimSaw: Try to contact LucasFan via PM, he is 'the authors' of this game. However, I doubt he would agree to a talkie version, as he obviously tried to keep that classic Zak feeling, not to mention the effort needed to record all the voices an all languages. How would he know that someone recorded 'fuck you' instead of 'thank you' in Norwegian, for example?  :)
I don't want to speak for him though, so you'd better talk to himself.

auhsor

Heaps cool. I remember when this was first released, and it was only in german. Well now we can all enjoy...

Esseb

Beta testers TS. How do you think he's sure the written translations don't say fuck you in Norwegian?

But yeah, effort.

ThunderStorm

Esseb: Yeah, was just kidding about that one. At least my translation doesn't contain 'fuck you' in Norwegian.  ;D

Esseb

* Esseb reads the avatar sig.

Ah right, you probably know much better than me in that case :).

[size=-2]pul deg selv[/size]

jrp

Quote from: Rhubarb on Sun 13/04/2003 14:58:53
I dled and played earlier, the font was a bit screwed. (English)  LF, is it meant to be? :)
try it in 320x240 instead of 640x480

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk