The Journey of Iesir

Started by Shadow1000, Thu 06/10/2016 03:53:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow1000

I've been playing for a while and finally hit a dead end. There are so many loose ends and I don't know what comes next.

Spoiler
Right now it looks like I need to get the book from the roof. That would require fixing the ladder. Using the piece of drainpipe doesn't work, so I probably need the truncheon. For that I probably need the test results from the doctor. To get that, I think I need to draw a picture of the monster to scare the doctor. For that I think I need to get into the mine to see the monster and possibly save the girl. However the rocks are blocking the mine. So I have to scare Bjorn to get the spell book. I THINK that I need to use the drainpipe and make him think that there's a demon but I don't know where the other end of the pipe is. It said that it's on a roof somewhere, which takes me back to needing to fix the ladder.

I will note that I have the hat and coat and feather dipped in coffee.
[close]

So, that's where I'm stuck. I know I made a lot of assumptions and some might be wrong.

Does anyone have a hint, please?

SHADOW

CaptainD

You don't need to go into the mine to scare the doctor.
Spoiler
In dialogues with the Barkeep he will talk about the doctor going into "The Zone" - I can't remember if this is when he has another beer, it probably is - he will start to mutter things describing the monster in his dreams.  Also, it's not a picture, but a doll - remember those little dolls in the back room of Daniel's shack?  He will make you a bespoke doll (it's in a dialogue with him but easy to forget when you get into the rest of the game) - go back and ask Daniel, you choose the materials he makes it from which should be done to match the doctor's description.  Daniel's shack is the location where you start the game, talking to the big viking.
[close]

Hope this helps!

lakespiral

I think i'm stuck almost at the same point but...

Spoiler
How to get beer to the doctor? You have to solve the poem to get a free one? Tried various combinations but can't find any logic to it.
[close]

Daniel Thomas

@lake
Quote from: lakespiral on Thu 06/10/2016 18:03:18I think i'm stuck almost at the same point but...
Spoiler
First ask what the girl likes/are like. When doing the poem, look at her face and body language for hints if she is liking it or not.
[close]
Check out The Journey of Iesir Demo | Freelance artist, check out my Portfolio

Shadow1000

Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 06/10/2016 08:56:56
You don't need to go into the mine to scare the doctor.
Spoiler
In dialogues with the Barkeep he will talk about the doctor going into "The Zone" - I can't remember if this is when he has another beer, it probably is - he will start to mutter things describing the monster in his dreams.  Also, it's not a picture, but a doll - remember those little dolls in the back room of Daniel's shack?  He will make you a bespoke doll (it's in a dialogue with him but easy to forget when you get into the rest of the game) - go back and ask Daniel, you choose the materials he makes it from which should be done to match the doctor's description.  Daniel's shack is the location where you start the game, talking to the big viking.
[close]

Hope this helps!

Thanks, CaptainD. That one hint allowed me to finish the demo. I think I took the hint of
Spoiler
drawing the monster
[close]
too literally and I was so focused on that that I never thought to
Spoiler
use a doll
[close]

As I said in the main forum, the talent and effort that went into this demo is highly impressive. You should all be proud of your work even if the final release never got to see the light of day.

Cheers

SHADOW

lakespiral

Finished it too. Great demo! I really wish I will see a full version with voice acting in the future :smiley:

Michael2968

I am having trouble figuring out how to
Spoiler
set the bug to the evil setting. I have already figured out how to put it into the good setting but I can't figure out how to get it into the evil one.
[close]
I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Michael

Daniel Thomas

Quote from: Michael2968 on Tue 11/10/2016 13:20:52
I am having trouble figuring out how to
Spoiler
set the bug to the evil setting. I have already figured out how to put it into the good setting but I can't figure out how to get it into the evil one.
[close]

Thanks,
Michael

Spoiler
If you get it to good mode, then just click the bugs head/antennas which will reverse the legs
[close]
Check out The Journey of Iesir Demo | Freelance artist, check out my Portfolio

Michael2968

Thanks for the help with the bug. I am now trying to figure out how to
Spoiler
get the egg out of the birds nest without the woman stealing it first.
[close]

Thanks,
Michael

CaptainD

Quote from: Michael2968 on Wed 12/10/2016 20:45:11
Thanks for the help with the bug. I am now trying to figure out how to
Spoiler
get the egg out of the birds nest without the woman stealing it first.
[close]

Thanks,
Michael

Spoiler
IIRC, this is where the piece of drain you picked up comes in handy...
[close]

Michael2968

Thanks for your help. I finished the game.

Michael

CaptainD

Quote from: Michael2968 on Thu 13/10/2016 01:18:13
Thanks for your help. I finished the game.

Michael

Glad my creaking memory was finally useful! :-D  Thanks for leaving a comment on the game page too.

Creamy

Hello there, I'm stuck. Could you please help me :

Spoiler
I got the egg. My voice is not demonic enough to frighten the moose when I speak through the pipe.
[close]

The difficulty was OK until now. I just had trouble with the limerick.

CaptainD

Quote from: Creamy on Sat 22/10/2016 18:30:12
Hello there, I'm stuck. Could you please help me :

Spoiler
I got the egg. My voice is not demonic enough to frighten the moose when I speak through the pipe.
[close]

The difficulty was OK until now. I just had trouble with the limerick.

Spoiler
You need to find a way to set the voice box to "evil"
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk