Anyone else interested in cryptocurrency?

Started by CaptainD, Thu 13/10/2016 13:55:34

Previous topic - Next topic

milkanannan

I've got pre-fork BTC on a paper wallet. No idea how to extract the BCC. If I scan it into Mycelium wallet I worry the BCC will just evaporate into thin air.

Yes, if you manage to get the BCC out then you can sell it at market price on any exchange that lists it.

CaptainD

I only had BTC on exchanges and they credited the BCC automatically.  I'm not sure how you perform the action yourself - or if there is a time limit on doing so.

milkanannan

I guess the time limit would be until the next fork? No idea. I wish I'd left my Bitcoin on the exchange then too!

CaptainD

Quote from: manifest class on Tue 26/09/2017 14:42:38
I wish I'd left my Bitcoin on the exchange then too!

I actually thought I might be making a huge mistake but in the end just went with it.

milkanannan

You should see China right now - everyone using their phones to transfer RMB (Chinese currency) via QR codes connected to 'WeChat' (the popular Whatsapp-like app there). It's the norm for transacting now. Witnessing that has made it clear to me that turning on a similar transaction model for crypto in China can happen overnight. It's really up to the government to decide what they're going to do, what coin they're going to roll with. Very interesting times! This next year is going to be exciting.

selmiak

what would happen if the gov would force the chinese population to use a state coin? Will people be scared of total state co(i)ntrol and get more btc or will they be scare to not be able to access all their btc anymore and buy lots of statecoins? That would make btc fall quite heavy I suppose. But can the state really enfore a cryptocurrency on people? What will people do that don't have electronic devices just because they cannot afford them but still need to handle money to survive? Can they block access to bitcoin wallets?

milkanannan

Well I guess we survived Shitcoin Gold. Bitcoin sure does seem to be gaining a lot of backing these days. I'm hoping China will announce its plans regarding crypto. Should sense everything back into a profitable tizzy.

milkanannan

CaptainD

What on earth is going on with Dogecoin?  I bought some at 18 sat as I just can't believe it won't get a huge pump at some stage... am starting to seriously wonder if it will actually go all the way down to 1 sat before it starts coming up again!

selmiak

wow! such doge! much coin! :-D

bitcoin is creepy atm. I guess now is the time to sell and not to buy and when everyone gets it and sells there will be a decrease shortly after. or following that trend btc goes to 10k in one day and 100k in 2h afterwards :P

milkanannan

Two things happened: (1) China reentered the ring and (2) futures can be bought on BTC now in the US.

BUT

There is a hard fork coming. November 16. Let's see what happens before/after. Hoping for a major correction and another buying opportunity...

selmiak

milkanannan

milkanannan

Guys ~ any predictions for post-fork BTC prices? We've dropped to 7050 USD now; I'm guessing some of this is nerves over the upcoming fork (Nov 16), so perhaps will drop further and create a good buying opportunity. Post-fork...no idea really but I'm guessing the new Bitcoin will just keep steaming ahead after the fork dust settles. Could totally see 10K by end of year.

CaptainD

Well... hmm... the last fork did the price no harm at all! :-D

On the other hand... I'm not sure I can see BTC continuing to rise at this rate.  I would expect it to level out at some point at least for a while, slight dip, some of the alts have a brief resurgence and then they drop, BTC goes up again...

Then again it's possible that the whales have found a sustainable way of profiting from keeping BTC on a generally upwards trend.  I think $10K is definitely possible early in 2018.

CaptainD

Wow BTC has broken through $8K!!  Maybe we will see $10K before the end of 2017 after all...

milkanannan

$8140 as I'm writing this, and yes I could totally see it get that high before year out. Tonight's excitement for me though: what is the NEO news Dahongfei and his team alluded to three days ago? They left a cryptic message indicating a major news release tonight, so I'm hoping something cool to come our way in the next few hours!

milkanannan

milkanannan

Quote from: manifest class on Mon 26/06/2017 17:53:21
Wow actually BTC has dipped again just tonight! ~2400 USD
I can't believe I typed this five months ago. :~(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk