Anyone else interested in cryptocurrency?

Started by CaptainD, Thu 13/10/2016 13:55:34

Previous topic - Next topic

selmiak

not the press crypto needs to rise again:
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/612974/once-hailed-as-unhackable-blockchains-are-now-getting-hacked/

I like crypto, but this is alarming. When people lose interest and miners stop mining some obscure crypto currency the rest of the people that are just using, investing or holding that currency are at risk.
As the article states, you'd need $260,000 per hour to attack the bitcoin blockchain with the 51% attack (at the moment), but this was ethereum classic, that is still widely used.

Though BTC did rise from $3550 to $3900 since the 18th. But in the next 5 days is will fall again?!

milkanannan

Very cool article. Thanks for sharing.

It's really hard not to draw parallels to the crap early days of other internet based services. I remember in the 90s figuring out really obvious ways to hack into my friends' geocities accounts or even things like gaming early pay per click services. I appreciate your skepticism, and I'm trying not to be stupidly optimistic, but as the article reports: each hack did indeed have a fix. Maybe some of the fixes weren't pretty (i.e. forking ETH and telling everyone to be cool with it  (laugh) ), but in the end the technology gets incrementally better. 51% takeovers of some of the less popular tokens are going to be extremely painful, extremely costly lessons, but the machinery of cryptocurrency will carry on in a slightly more specific form, and at some point a small handful of winning projects (or maybe just one project) will emerge.

One thing that gave me a laugh in the article is the rise of these new auditing technologies for crypto. I mean, crypto nerds used to espouse how projects like Bitcoin would pull humanity completely away from traditional banking and now you need a blockchain based auditing service.  (laugh)

milkanannan

Here we go again, guys and girls. Almost $8900 USD about an hour ago!

milkanannan

To what degree do you guys think Libra has influenced this recent price surge?

milkanannan

Wow like $100B USD pulled out of BTC and price has dropped to $5300 per Bitcoin. Guess it is clear that the world still sees Bitcoin as speculative and not a true store of value.

Jack

Bogdanoff? Interesting.

Can you give me a quick rundown?

KyriakosCH

I don't know much about the real Bodganoff(s). Apparently they are twins, who had heavy plastic surgery and are very rich.
But in the meme (as in the video above) they have absolute control of bitcoin.
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

milkanannan

$17K+ now. Probably on account of the mess over US transfer of power? Perhaps we will see a huge dive in the not too distant future as things settle down.

milkanannan

Quote from: milkanannan on Tue 17/11/2020 13:32:48
Perhaps we will see a huge dive in the not too distant future as things settle down.

$30K+
So I was a bit wrong.
I'll let myself out.

milkanannan

$50K+ thanks to Elon and Bitcoin ETFs~

milkanannan

Finally starting to dip a bit... $52K now, down from ~$60K

Joseph DiPerla

I actually recently have become interested in Cryptocurrency. I tried mining Bitcoin with online services. I made literally $60,000 with no way to withdraw it when I send them the so-called payment to withdraw and it is just in limbo. I dont know if Coinbase is horrible or the service I used is horrible. Both received rave reviews.

Regardless.. I started purchasing Doge. I own about 100 quantities of Dogecoin and made about $20 off that with fluctuations of course.

Today I decided to try a new tactic.. I tried to get in early on a cryptocurrency hoping that I could play the waiting game and make some decent change. I bought 1,000,000 shares of Shiba Inu coin on crypto.com at a cost of 0.000010 each. So I paid just under $10 for 1,000,000 shares. Hey, if it amounts to nothing, I hardly lost anything. If it makes small gains.. I make another $20. Or maybe life will go my way for once and I can be a billionaire by the end of the year. Either way...
Joseph DiPerla--- http://www.adventurestockpile.com
Play my Star Wars MMORPG: http://sw-bfs.com
See my Fiverr page for translation and other services: https://www.fiverr.com/josephdiperla
Google Plus Adventure Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/116504865864458899575

TheFrighter

What do you think about NFT (non-fungible token)? Could be considered a form of cryptocurrency?

_

KyriakosCH

Quote from: Joseph DiPerla on Wed 19/05/2021 19:53:14
I actually recently have become interested in Cryptocurrency. I tried mining Bitcoin with online services. I made literally $60,000 with no way to withdraw it when I send them the so-called payment to withdraw and it is just in limbo. I dont know if Coinbase is horrible or the service I used is horrible. Both received rave reviews.

Regardless.. I started purchasing Doge. I own about 100 quantities of Dogecoin and made about $20 off that with fluctuations of course.

Today I decided to try a new tactic.. I tried to get in early on a cryptocurrency hoping that I could play the waiting game and make some decent change. I bought 1,000,000 shares of Shiba Inu coin on crypto.com at a cost of 0.000010 each. So I paid just under $10 for 1,000,000 shares. Hey, if it amounts to nothing, I hardly lost anything. If it makes small gains.. I make another $20. Or maybe life will go my way for once and I can be a billionaire by the end of the year. Either way...

Why are there more than one bitcoins? Any particular reason for one to be worth more than another (do fewer online services accept those obscure bitcoin types? :) ).
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk