The Tale of Lonkey Island satisfy the GROG thirsty

Started by TooDrunkToFuck, Mon 17/10/2016 15:33:43

Previous topic - Next topic

tscharli

Quote from: Cmdr on Thu 27/10/2016 22:37:55
Quote from: tscharli on Tue 25/10/2016 23:29:14
Any clues about this?
Quote from: tscharli on Mon 24/10/2016 02:33:59
Some questions. Any hint for one of them?
Spoiler
-Do I need to win the roulette? (Or only the rat game)
Some prices could possibly become an advantage for you - but you're able to finish without playing roulette.
-Where do I find food for the yeti?
Yetis like sweet creamy stuff.
-how do I keep open the gate at the monkey site? (Rubber chicken keeps falling down)
What did you have to do in MI1 at this place?
-Is sinking the ship with the rock bad? Who will mix the potion if the ship sinks? Or will the barkeeper be somewhere else?
Yes, it's bad, but no plotstopper. You're still be able to mix it another way.
-canonball for the canon in the circus?
I don't know. Have you found one? :grin:
-what can I give to the vegan canibals?
Meat is not the right answer. :tongue:
[close]

Thanks! Meanwhile I had solved
Spoiler
The yeti-food, the gate problem (but I don't know MI1)
[close]
I'm still glad I saved the game before
Spoiler
sinking the ship
[close]
Will try to win
Spoiler
the roulette anyway
[close]
and I guess
Spoiler
there's no cannonball needed
[close]

Cmdr

Shadow1000

Spoiler
I think that to progress I need to stop the party. That's what the woman says, anyway. What I'm thinking I have to do is set the fire alarm on. To do that, I need them to smoke a joint. I have the cut up hemp leaf but no way to make it into a joint. I realize I'm making some assumptions here so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Meanwhile, I have the love bomb, banana, ceramic onion and tomato. I have not gotten into the clearing. That should give you an idea where I'm at
[close]

Thank you

SHADOW

Cmdr

Spoiler
You're right with the fire alarm, but not with the hemp.
Try to start the alarm another way.
[close]

n0p

Hi.
I'm in Chapter 4, and really need a hint or two.
Spoiler

Actually, i've no idea what to do.
I need to get the bag, fix the grog machine, open the rusty box.
I've got the cookie from cannon, answered phone twice, found an animal.
Unsure if i need to feed the fish or throw money in a pond.
Help?
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Cmdr on Sun 30/10/2016 09:46:53
Spoiler
You're right with the fire alarm, but not with the hemp.
Try to start the alarm another way.
[close]

Let's see:

Spoiler
I have noted that there is a fire alarm and fireplace in the room upstairs. However there's nothing that I can put into the fireplace and no way to start a fire. I've been around the island and there's no matches, lighter, etc. anywhere that I've seen. The only guesses I have are: hannibal has a cigar but you can't do anything in that area, there are some wires inside the restaurant, there's an open fire in the circus tent but you can't interact with it. I have noticed that you can put the stink bomb on the lawn but again no way to light it
[close]

Other than that, I'm out of ideas.

SHADOW

PS Figured it out. Thanks!

evansi70

Really enjoying the game but have got to the island and am now very stuck!

Spoiler
Can't work out how to pick up the pencil or what to give the barrier guard to get past (have fired the cannon).

I have: crowbar, fire brigade id, fire extinguisher, weaver's crook, hamster, voodoo cookbook, kitchen knife, paddle, order card, bottle, lemon and cervisia.

Any help much appreciated.
[close]

n0p

Quote from: evansi70 on Sun 30/10/2016 14:52:56

Spoiler
Can't work out how to pick up the pencil or what to give the barrier guard to get past (have fired the cannon).

I have: crowbar, fire brigade id, fire extinguisher, weaver's crook, hamster, voodoo cookbook, kitchen knife, paddle, order card, bottle, lemon and cervisia.

[close]

Spoiler

To get the pencil you'll need to distract hotel host. Pay attention to label on other door on second floor (took myself a while to get that).
[close]

Monsieur OUXX

About the cat
Spoiler

What to feed it?
Quote from: splat44 on Sun 23/10/2016 21:36:53
Think of stew
OK but... I've tried to use the meat on the stew and it says "don't overcook it". So I try to skew it (on the darts), no luck. I try to use the potholder. No luck. I try that meat on every damn source of fire. No luck. I try to use it on the pot. No luck.
I'm extremely confused.
[close]

evansi70

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Sun 30/10/2016 15:31:01
About the cat
Spoiler

What to feed it?
Think of stew
OK but... I've tried to use the meat on the stew and it says "don't overcook it". So I try to skew it (on the darts), no luck. I try to use the potholder. No luck. I try that meat on every damn source of fire. No luck. I try to use it on the pot. No luck.
I'm extremely confused.
[close]

Spoiler
Use the potholder on the stew to get the red herring
[close]

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: evansi70 on Sun 30/10/2016 15:46:59
Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Sun 30/10/2016 15:31:01
About the cat
Spoiler

What to feed it?
Think of stew
I'm extremely confused.
[close]

Spoiler
Use the potholder on the stew to get the red herring
[close]
Oh. Oh thanks. I had the feeling that I had used that thing on pretty much every single object in the game. Silly me.

evansi70

Quote from: n0p on Sun 30/10/2016 15:13:13
Quote from: evansi70 on Sun 30/10/2016 14:52:56

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler

To get the pencil you'll need to distract hotel host. Pay attention to label on other door on second floor (took myself a while to get that).
[close]

Thanks! Still took me a while to work out exactly what I needed to do, but got there in the end. For anyone stuck on this part

Spoiler
Push the do not disturb sign to turn it round
[close]

xandmatt

*Scratching head in bemusement*

I'm enjoying this - quite challenging in places and the English translation has a few niggles in it which are quite funny/charming in their own right. (Like how Not-Guybrush describes locked things as closed :grin:)

Anyhoo - I'm at a standstill in Part II:
Spoiler
So far I've put the doll, something from the head, body and thread (wig, bodily fluid and sock) into the pot to presumably make a voodoo doll of the Sheriff. I've gotten the flag from the crow's nest, too. I'm struggling on finding something from the dead. I'm convinced it's something to do with the empty closet but I'm not sure. Help!
[close]

Cmdr

Quote from: xandmatt on Sun 30/10/2016 17:33:31
*Scratching head in bemusement*

I'm enjoying this - quite challenging in places and the English translation has a few niggles in it which are quite funny/charming in their own right. (Like how Not-Guybrush describes locked things as closed :grin:)

Anyhoo - I'm at a standstill in Part II:
Spoiler
So far I've put the doll, something from the head, body and thread (wig, bodily fluid and sock) into the pot to presumably make a voodoo doll of the Sheriff. I've gotten the flag from the crow's nest, too. I'm struggling on finding something from the dead. I'm convinced it's something to do with the empty closet but I'm not sure. Help!
[close]

Please note, that I'm not a native speaker - so it isn't that quite easy for me to fulfill an outstanding translation.
The solution of your struggling? Well, you already answered it to yourself. ;)

xandmatt

I may need an extra hint, sorry. I can't figure out what to do with it.

evansi70

Quote from: xandmatt on Sun 30/10/2016 18:01:31
I may need an extra hint, sorry. I can't figure out what to do with it.

Spoiler
The skull and cross bones flag counts as something from the dead
[close]

Cmdr

Quote from: n0p on Sun 30/10/2016 18:08:37
Cmdr, would you help me?
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=54058.msg636546731#msg636546731

Spoiler
"Unsure if i need to feed the fish or throw money in a pond."
Why you don't try both out? You will see if you could progress with them.
[close]

Shadow1000

Ok, I need help again:

Spoiler
Someone asked about the nose and the gate at the clearing but this one was answered. Anyone with info would be appreciated. I never played MI1 either.
I need a way to dry out the hemp.
[close]

Thank you

SHADOW

evansi70

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Sun 30/10/2016 20:38:52
Ok, I need help again:

Spoiler
Someone asked about the nose and the gate at the clearing but this one was answered. Anyone with info would be appreciated. I never played MI1 either.
I need a way to dry out the hemp.
[close]

Thank you

SHADOW

Spoiler
For the hemp, there's a screen where fake Guybrush remarks that it's quite hot the first time you go there.

Spoiler
Use the hemp on the sun in the 'bifurcation' screen
[close]

In MI1, there's a monkey that follows you around who hangs off the nose for you, but not sure at the moment how this helps here!
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk